main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    For healing up sake I would think about sitting Big Ben one more week. The Chargers aren't that great.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, a bad Chargers team would be the perfect way to shake off the rust from the layoff.

I'm a bit worried about the 'Skins chances with the Ravens. Whenever the Ravens get torched like they did against the Steelers last week, Flacco usually turns into a Tom Brady clone and torches the next team he's facing.[face_nail_biting]

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    If Ben's ready, you've got to play him. I think that they learned their lesson from the 49ers game last year. Tomlin was happy with how Ben threw today.

5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Complete with Uggs?

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I was talking more about on the field than off. Far as I know Flacco doesn't have a Supermodel wife. If he did, she'd probably would not have let him be caught out of the house with that fu - man - chu he had during the end of last season. :p

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    can't say that's terribly shocking. they've been getting worse for years.

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm amazing Norv's lasted this long. That's too bad. I don't want them to get good.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Peyton Manning may be saving Knowshon Moreno's to-this-point disappointing career. He barely made it out of camp, I believe.

11. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    So Goodell is looking to eliminate the kickoff from the game. Essentially, the scoring team will get the ball at their own 30 in a fourth and fifteen situation. They can either go for it, to maintain possession, or punt the ball from that spot. He's trying to eliminate the high speed collisions of the kick-off for player safety. Punt, or kickoff. What the **** is the difference? They both have high speed collisions of some sort.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    LOL wtf. Already eliminated a ton of kickoffs by generating touchbacks. Stop it.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that isn't necessarily the suggestion that they're suggesting, that was greg schiano's suggestion. i'd guess they'd probably just give the other team the ball at the 20.

14. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    If Denver had a good night in the redzone this would have been a smashing.

15. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    More specifically:

From CNNSI.com

"According to TIME, Goodell recently discussed with Rick McKay, Falcons president and head of the NFL’s competition committee, a radical rule change proposed by Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano. Instead of a kickoff, the team that scored would then take the ball on its own 30-yard line in, essentially, a 4th-and-15 situation. In other words, they could attempt to keep their offense on the field and try to pick up 15 yards, at the risk of turning the ball over on downs; or they could punt."

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    guess i misread that the first time.

on that, i think that would be mind numbingly stupid. but hey, what do i know. i'm just someone who watches football.

17. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    It at least might be more interesting in an onside situation as I think the offence would have more of a chance.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    but should they have more of a chance? i mean... why should the offense have a better chance at getting the ball back if they just had it?

19. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    4th and 15 is still not a high percentage play.

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm just unprepared to deal with the Chargers actually firing Turner. That just can't happen. It's not the way the universe works. This, plus Andy Reid probably getting fired? I don't recognize this planet anymore. We're through the looking glass, people.

21. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
  22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No that won't happen until we actually fire Pioli. Then it's playing cards with spears all around.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Further proof that the Mayans were right about the world coming to an end.

24. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Actually, the 'experts' think there's a high probability that Reid could end up replacing Turner, according to ESPN yesterday. They mention how Reid lives somewhere between San Diego and LA.

25. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Payton Hillis talking trash with Joe Thomas. I'd take Joe Thomas over Hillis any day.