main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I wonder if Darth Nihl and Niin will return. If Legacy is a sequel to the original Legacy, they should be members of the main cast.

Chalk should also return. His story has so much potential...

2. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    This picture is really confusing me. I can't grasp the identity of Leia/Han's descendant. If this is a sequel as introduced then She must be either Marashia's daughter, or Allana's great grand daughter (In my own pure fandom, Elliah Chalk is Allana's great daughter but that is still to be confirmed/disconfirmed). If this is a prequel as I suspect, then I can infer that the man is the background is Fel II and She is his daughter, Roan's sister. Or even Fel II sister (Fel II has to have a sibling with Morghan's existence). I would personally enjoy both a prequel or a sequel as I loved Legacy.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If they don't, then I won't view it as a true sequel... It will be no different than starting over.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm hoping they show up too, but it depends on the aim of the story really.

After all, we didn't see Hett in the Thrawn Trilogy, so it depends whether their idea is to have a Sith uprising happen in the near future, or if it's just meant as a broad setup for stories a long, long way down the line.

Niin and Chalk I definitely think need dealing with. Nihl... I would, if Cade was the protagonist, but since this won't be Cade's story, I'm fine with Nihl not playing a major role. And Saarai is cool and I'd love to see her, but she's someone I picture as a long term setup for a distant future threat.

Maladi I have no clue about, however.

But I'm perfectly fine if we see no Sith remnants, as it's a big galaxy after all, with lots of other dangers to be addressed too -- dodgy Moffs unhappy with the new Empress, Mandalorians' civil war, other lingering internal threats as I doubt Morrigan was the only double agent playing both sides, etc.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, it'll be nice to be done with the Sith as antagonists for a while. There are far more interesting things out there.

6. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I say leave the Sith to the Old Republic era. You know, that one that is supposed to have legions of them running around. [face_peace]

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    According to Stent, (Vision of the Future) there's about a hundred terrifying threats in the Unknown Regions- and Formbi (Survivor's Quest) suggests that this is if anything an underestimate. Maybe one or more of these threats could be fleshed out?

8. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    The Return of Mnggal-Mnggal and Waru!!

9. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    One of the last WOTC guides had an adventure module with an UR raiding fleet coming into the Republic/Empire with the goal being to defeat it and its mothership. Almost makes it sound like this is a regular occurrence and therefore a good setup for an actual storyline like this.

I hope it's far enough into the future that people like Nihl are old and pass on their teachings to the next generation.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    While I want to agree, Legacy's Sith are...um... rank infinitely higher on the badass scale?

s65horsey likes this.
  11. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I probably should've made it more clear that I don't mean indefinitely. Come back to them, yes. But later. We've had plenty of Sith populating the post-RotJ timeline alone to choke a cat. Especially since the NJO ended.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ahhhhh gotcha.

Frankly I'm not a fan of the whole FOTJ Sith thing. Those guys definitely diluted the Sith coolness factor by a considerable order of magnitude.

Rew likes this.
  13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I agree 100% that the Sith shouldn't be the primary antagonist in this new Legacy series. While having some Sith or Dark Side Force Users is required for lightsaber action, that should, IMO, be secondary to doing what the original Legacy did best- showing us what is going on in different parts of the galaxy 130+ years after Yavin. The galaxy has changed alot since the Battle of Yavin, to say nothing of the Yuuzahn Vong War and the recent Third Galactic Civil War (my name for the GA/Felpire war against the One Sith).

The galaxy post-TGCW is a messy place. Worlds are devastated and in need of recovery. Governments have collapsed and others need to be reformed. The setting is literally ripe with untold thousands of potential storylines that would enrich the era in particular and the EU in general. Sure, we want to see what is going on with Marasiah, Stazi, the Jedi, and Cade, but I for one also want to see what else is going on in the galaxy!

--Adm. Nick

Ulicus likes this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They'll probably leave alone most of John and Jan's characters, since those were their creations and they may want to revisit them some day.

I'm thinking this will be Marasiah's granddaughter or great-granddaughter.

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I think you need to establish the new lead before you bring in main characters from Legacy like Cade, Blue, Syn, Morrigan, Nihl, Maladi, etc. Although you can probably bring the Imperial Knights in earlier assuming roughly the same time period.

16. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Can't we get rid of the Skywalker/Solo bloodline and create some new heroes?

17. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I am hoping we a Katarn, or Kyle have mercy on this creative team

Ulicus and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  18. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So, aside from your hopes, is there any thing saying she is not a jedi?

Remember Sai? She didn't have a lightsaber when she was on the cover of Broken, maybe they are just playing up the Leia said on the cover.

19. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    An...interesting move. I'm almost inclined to say courageous. Hm.

I think I'd prefer it to precede Cade's story, and the One Sith and all that pother, but on the other hand...oh, I don't know.

Now, just checking, all the stuff about rebelling against the family legacy and messing about on the fringe and scoundrels and whatnot...that's all supposition, correct? This story could, for example, be about a loyal Imperial princess/diplomat/spook and the complex relations and machinations of the Empire, the Alliance and the minor powers? I mean, it won't, but it could, yes?

When I read the (original) song in, I think, the Chronological Journey Through The EU thread, I had a definite tune in mind, but I couldn't name it. I've twigged to it now: it's the chorus of 'Rising early in the morning' from The Gondoliers. Obvious, really.

There is a certain rightness to that.

20. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Krayt does not have some very famous bloodline but he's still popular, major Sith characters have less "super awesome bloodline".

21. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Yeah, it's all supposition based on the fact that she's sporting a blaster rather than a lightsaber on the cover. Given the combination of the lightsaber duel, the guy who looks like Baron, and the Agent of the Empire feel of the cover, I'm thinking it's going to be a Legacyesque mix of fringe, Jedi, politics, etc. Epic in scope yet personal in storytelling. Featuring C-3PO and R2-D2 (a boy can dream, can't he?).

22. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Oh, I completely forgot about the moffs! Fehlaaur and Rus are still alive! I would love to see them sign a peace treaty or something like that.
    Admiral Grail's fate is still unknown. Was he killed during the Battle of Coruscant or did he manage to keep himself alive?

When reading part 5 of Legacy: War, I always imagined that in the next issue Galactic Alliance commando's would track down Fehlaaur and force him to sign a peace treaty. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Personnaly, I would love to see more of the Imperial Mission. If the main character is indeed a granddaughter of Allana, there is a slight chance I get what I want.

23. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Legacy sequel YAY
    Non-force sensitive lead DOUBLE YAY
    Hot female lead TRIPLE YAY
    No Skywalkers ALL THE YAYS IN THE UNIVERSE

Now, pretty please with sugar on top can we have a few things?

A Katarn.(Or so help me THE Katarn)
    Post-Galaxies HK-47
    The continuation of Hondo Karr's story

And for the love of god, technological advancement. I haven't seen any major new tech since SWTOR. Can we ditch tie fighter and x-wing looking ships in exchange for totally new models(perhaps even the star destroyers), and maybe give a few mechs to ground troops, or something to suggest that thousands and thousands of years have passed

24. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Pah, the Katarn is beyond such foolish notions as "death". The universe itself would unravel, unable to support the sheer weight of the Awesome if there were another.

[​IMG]

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Perhaps the big light saber battle at the launch will bring closure to more than a few character-arcs? Like some Sith and say, maybe... Cade?[face_devil]