main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who kid is the likely to be the main new generation lead?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Hi,

There is some evidence to suggest that Lucas will not allow Luke to be married or have children.

It's an old story though from when Lucas intended for VII, VIII and IX to be a continuation of the struggle against Palpatine.

Is it more likely that the ST will give Luke a child/children do as to carry on the Skywalker story?

If so, will the Solo kids be the supporting characters?

Might the ST central hero be a woman?

Which is it more likely for Star Wars - that the ST be a father/son or father/daughter trilogy?

Or will a Solo take the lead role?

What do you guys and gals think?

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think the main protagonist will be the child (or children) of Han and Leia. Whether a male or female, I don't know. Even though Episode 7 more than likely won't adhere to the EU, I can actually see them keeping the twins angle. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Han and Leia have two kids. Either way, I'm almost positive the main character(s) will be the offspring of Han and Leia.

DarthKreVass and Echo-07 like this.
  3. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm hoping for one Solo kid (Jaina) and one Skywalker kid (Ben), but I'm just happy there is going to be a ST, so I'll be okay with potentially being disappointed when TPTB come up with all new Skywalker/Solo kids.

Yes, George Lucas did maintain Luke would never get married or have kids; however, he also said there would never be a ST, too. This gives me a little hope that he'll change his mind about that, whether they use Ben or create a new Skywalker. I think the Ben character is great and the fact that he's named after Obi-Wan is a great nod towards the earlier trilogies and that character.

I wasn't a fan of the turn the Solo boys took, but I accepted it and am fond of the characters who still exist in the EU as of 44 ABY. We'll just have to wait and see what TPTB have in store for us as far as the ST and the next generation of the Skywalker/Solo clan goes.

4. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    I think re-using the names of other Star Wars characters is dull.

There shouldn't be another Ben or Anakin.

5. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    At 39 or more years after ROTJ, there is a good chance we might see Solo grand-kids.

6. Jobertus

Oct 31, 2012
    The latter is a given, they named someone Anakin and then killed him off, I seriously doubt they'll ever use that name for the "star of the show" again. "Dull", my eye. IIRC, his name was Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Ben" (Kenobi) was just a nickname and an incredibly clever ploy to throw anyone who was looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi off the scent. In the EU, I think it was a good idea on Luke's part to pay homage to his former master by naming his son Ben, but as I alluded to earlier--this will be a moot point when TPTB create an all new Skywalker character with a completely different name.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Who kid is the likely to be the main new generation lead?

WHOKID is the likely lead...???? Wha...?
    [​IMG]

8. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    i thought my titles were bad

gregvader123 likes this.
  9. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Titles! Y U No Write Self?

10. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

I had just realised my mistake - you would be the one to spot it first ;)

11. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    It is dull though - the names should be more imaginative.

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think we'll see at least two Solo offspring. Twins in their 20's. Ssince Luke and Leia are twins its not out of the realm of possibility that she'd have a set herself. Also, keeping in line with the EU they will probably be one male and one female, although I don't like the names Jaicen and Jaina. Too plain. They will be equal lead protagonists trained as Jedi by Uncle Luke and I would expect one of them to fall to the dark side, most likely the male.

I'm not sure at all about Luke. I don't like the idea of a Jedi marrying and having kids but GL has said one several occasions that Luke would have a romantic interest in future episodes after ROTJ . . . so who knows. As much as I don't want to see Luke with kids I want a Skywalker to carry the torch. So I say there will be a young Skywalker protagonist. I would not mind if it were a female named Nomi (in keeping with a scrapped element.)

13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    They already have ready made characters to take the new generation leads - Ben from Luke's side , Jaina & Allana from the Solo's side EASY DONE....Disney / Lucas don't have to make up names or invent new characters WHY STUFF UP THE EU FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.....

Jobertus likes this.
  14. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Yodas wookie love child

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]
    So you're saying these fellows will be in the ST? Well I'll be darned.

Bobatron likes this.
  16. Jobertus

Oct 31, 2012
    An imaginative name like Luke? To each their own, if you find it "dull", I can't wrap my brain around that viewpoint. I don't need a character's name to jump out at me and slap me silly or make me want to party like its 1999, whatever name TPTB go with I'll roll with it.

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    A Yookie?

kataja likes this.
  18. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    AS long as it ain't sucky, cheesey containing y, x or z!

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  19. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    It's too bad there isn't a section just for awesomely entitled threads so we could see them all in one place.

20. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Really hope we will see Jaina and Ben.And a tribute to Mara in the jedi temple, a hologram of Mara with a scene were Ben Or Luke is looking at it and just remember her.

kataja likes this.
  21. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

Okay, I didn't realize that I'd need to spell it out - Anakin and Ben are dull and unimaginative as the names of of Luke and Leia's children because they are just copies of names instead of something knew - there are millions of names to choose from or create so it is unimaginative to recycle names.

Alexrd, KilroyMcFadden and Echo-07 like this.
  22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No, I wouldn't like that. I think if Luke had a relationship then Mara should be portrayed on screen among the living, not as some hologram.

I can agree with both sides of the "unimaginitive names" thing. Using names like Anakin and Ben is perfectly acceptable in a family saga. It's connective tissue to the past, while still moving forward.

But on the other side SW is about creativity and innovation so more unique names distinguish the new characters better. I could go either way though.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I realize that Lucas originally intended there to be a 789, in this plan, Han was to die in 6 or 7. Leia wasn't Luke's sister. Luke would go on a search for his sister. For a Jedi that never gets married, he sure gets alot of kisses from his then not Sister... I believe it was Lucas's original intention to make Luke and Leia the couple, then go looking for long lost sister. When he was forced to change this due to Han Leia spark and inability to do 789 at the time, I feel the Luke never getting married was a remark Lucas madeoff hand. Not to mention, Luke is clearly Lucas's personae within the SW universe. I highly doubt he is going to make the character he closely relates to a monastic character. On top of that... even if he does want Luke to be single through his life, will Disney? He may be the guardian of the galaxy, but they own it now. I expect once things to get rolling, Lucas is going to have a vocal arguement/falling out with Disney over something stupid.

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Won't happen - I'll put money on it ;)

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah Lucas has that "it's in God's (Disney's) hands now" attitude.