main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I prefer WAC to the vile and disgusting Ewoks. When you put it that way I LOVE WAC!

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like WAC. <<;

Valairy Scot likes this.
  3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Seerow: I have this sneaking suspicion you might be a clone, with all the "likes" I'm giving you lately. If you're short, like cats, had changeable eye color that settled into green, like Obi-Wan...you might be me.:D

Seerow likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm all of those save for the solid brown eyes. We have alot in common, my friend.

5. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Genetic manipulation? [face_dunno]

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe we we're seperated at birth. Its possible for identical twins to have different eye colors. =b

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    This is relevant how?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Darth_Zandalor: it's not. Your point? The occasional deviation from the point of the thread is allowed.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_laugh]:_|

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I liked this episode and hated myself for liking it. It filled up my cup for cheesy, campy, goodness. I also like WAC.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I feel like a dunce for asking, but who was WAC based on? His style of comedy and even his voice seems very familiar, but I just can't place it.

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Our forum. I'm not sure, but it did seem familiar...

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He seemed like a homage to this board. Appearance and voice wise he reminded me of Alpha 5, not surprisingly. He also seems to have a bit of Marvin the Martian and Gir in him.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Gascon: WAC? What's the double-u stand for?
    WAC-47: I don't know.
    Gascon: ..............
    WAC-47: 8-}

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I really didn't see any connection to this board. I doubt anyone at TCW spends any significant amount of time here, I think it was just a coincidence.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    WAC seemed to fill a generic role more than resembling any specific cartoon character to me. I can kinda see a little Marvin the Martian in there, but there's a lot of cartoon characters I can see a little bit of in there as well.

17. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    DL said at one point he did. I think one of the crew used to have an account here as well.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    TCW has done a ton of homages and they're usually very obvious, I didn't see anything you could point to in this episode that's specific to LACWAC. I'll keep an eye out for connections in the upcoming episode, but I doubt I'll see any. I did see things that were definitely un-LACWACy, like the inability to get Gascon's rank right. That's not something we would miss up.

I guess they could be saying that LACWAC is childish, stupid and terribly unfunny, but I doubt it.

If it's an homage, it's a terrible, inaccurate and unrecognizable one.

19. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    CT-867-5309 is right, let's hope it wasn't a homage to this great forum

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The part about deliberately calling people the wrong names as a show of disrespect rang true to some of my experiences here...

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    In all honesty WAC is probably just another of TCW's really literally names. The bot is whack. But he does kinda resemble how annoy the TCW crew might find us as backseat writers. Its quite likely someone working on the show views this board from time to time. I've been on many boards associated with fandoms and have often found them regularly visited (often in secret) by crew members and actors alive.

22. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Loved this episode. Honestly, a lot of you people have no sense of fun. I loved everything about this episode. Even had a few laugh out loud moments.

Pushing 40 here, and glad I can still watch certain shows with the same child-like wonder I did when i was small.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets not insinuate people who did not enjoy this episode have no sense of fun. I know people here who didn't like the episode as all and absolutely have a great sense of fun. We have good times here. The Looney Tunes style humor and the very light tone didn't work for everyone like it worked for me. Some folks have more tolerance for cheese than others. I like that sort of thing and I'm no spring chicken anymore either. Maybe being older helps? I could easily predict folks between 18-25 on hear would hate this but I think its more down subjectivity.

24. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    After watching this episode a second time, I could actually understand a bit more of what happened in it. And I think it make me sympathize with the Super T a bit more and see him as not quite so stupid as I originally though he was. I remember a lot of people were saying something about him being a dullard for going there himself to investigate, but I think it makes a lot of sense in this situation. Most if not all of the other droids on that ship are utter morons. If he had waited and just sent more troops, the droids would have gotten of the ship a lot sooner because everyone and their uncle knows they are stupid. And the poor guy's stuck with a ship full of dime-store droids, and you can tell it by his tone. It's not 'Zounds! I shall not have my plans foiled by the Republic!" it's more like "I know you all are cheap droids. It's why I'm going there myself otherwise you'd just crap things up."

I guess after saying all this, I kinda feel bad for the guy. Being stuck with a ship full of these kinds of derpy droids must not be easy, especially if you don't really have a choice in it.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    One thing I actually liked about this episode I forgot to mention was that the room the flash-disk-decoder thing was in felt a lot like a similar room that could have been encountered in Dark Forces which to me has a real OT feel. That didn't really do much to make me enjoy the episode though. The Droids cartoon series also has some OT-feeling environments but that alone is not enough to redeem it.

Seerow likes this.