main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.11 - A Sunny Day In The Void - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Episode 5.11!! A Sunny Day In The Void
    The count down to Gregor's debut continues :: Part 2 of the Droid arc
    [​IMG]
    "When all seems hopeless, a true hero gives hope."

After a comet damages their shuttle, R2-D2, Colonel Gascon, and the other droids crash on a desolate planet where they must make their way across a bewildering expanse of emptiness to carry out their mission.

The TCW General Discussion Thread (spoilers) will be open to any "official" information discussion, other than the leaked plot info for S5, and any preview/episode clips for the individual episodes (i.e., things like IGN where they give us a 2:00 minute part of the show, often spoiling key scenes).
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-discussion-thread-spoilers-allowed.20757653/

The S5 discussion thread (Spoilers!) will continue to be the main heavy spoiler thread, including discussion of the video clips for each week's episode. Plot spoilers will continue to be limited to this thread and must still be "spoiler tagged" or black highlighted.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/season-5-major-spoilers-video-clips.50003192/

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This episode is gonna be very interesting

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I was being cheeky with the screen shot.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    :confused: I'm confused. :p

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Doesn't it fit how alot of folks are feeling about this arc?

crash and burn

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_laugh] I shoulda known. :p :D

Order66Survivor likes this.
  7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    He gives hope to the hopeless, help to the helpless, hap to the hapless...

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I KNEW it. :rolleyes: Crashed ship. I said it to myself out loud after the first episode ended.

How many freakin' episodes need a damaged or crashed ship to tell the freakin' story? Didn't that JUST happen in the Jedi Younglings story arch? Hasn't that happened 50 times already in TCW? REAL TIRED!! They are obviously running out of ideas.

This story arch is a complete disaster already. The first episode was barely even tolerable into flat out annoying. I just want it to end so we can get back to things that matter and are worth watching. Not this regurgitated, rehashed bantha poo doo.

9. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Yeah I see this episode being completely lame and unnecessary. Just give us Gregor, one episodes with this Corporal and droids was enough.

This season is reminding me of Season 3 where Clones v.s Droids is being ignored, we've had 1/2 episode of good clone v.s droid action. Lame.

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Nothing says excitement like an expanse of emptiness. I'm really not gonna let myself get mad over these episodes, I know exactly what to expect.

[​IMG]

11. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Oh I can see what's going to happen now..

Gregor is going to be on this planet, isn't he..

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Seems like Gregor is going to be the only thing on this planet somewhere. It'd be awesome if he turned out to be like Nearl from Frisky Dingo because he's gone ape being stranded on this planet.

13. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I admit I'm intrigued by Filoni's description of the episode as "abstract" and "experimental". I always give every episode a chance, so I'll be looking forward to seeing this one.

14. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I've heard similar things. On the Forcecast Clone Wars Roundtable, they mentioned that Filoni had said that this episode would "give them a lot to talk about". One hopes so.

15. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This is the weirdest title ever. O_O

16. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    "The Void" sounded so much better, but I almost laughed when I heard it was "A Sunny Day in the Void"

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is going to be some sort of Existentialist craziness like Sartre' No Exit ("Hell is other people") isn't it?

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Random indeed but I think so.

Dave tends to lie about and the FC love to exaggerate things.

The only seasons that had constant clone vs droid action AND GOOD I mean were Seasons One and Two.

Season One - Ambush, The Malevolence, ROOKIES, Downfall of a Droid, Duel of the Droids, Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Jedi Crash, Defenders of Peace, Trespass, Hidden Enemy, Blue Shadow Virus, A Mystery of a Thousand moons, Storm over Ryloth, Innocence of Ryloth, Liberty on Ryloth...

Season Two - Cargo of Doom, Landing at Point Rain, Weapons Factory, Legacy of Terror, Brain Invaders, Grievous Intrigue, The Deserter, Cat and Mouse, The Zillo Beast, Deathtrap.

And now Season Three - Clone Cadets, Arc Troopers, Supply Lines, The Citadel, Counterattack and Citadel Rescue.

Season Four I think is the weakest so far in terms of droids vs clones action - Water War, Nomad Droids, Plan of Dissent and Kidnapped.

But I think Season Five will have more droid vs clones action.

19. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Yeees!

I'm going to guess this episode will consist of the following:

Crash landing
    Traveling the entire episode
    Finding a strange/dangerous creature
    1 droid getting damaged or destroyed
    WAC does something un-needed at least twice.
    Droids chasing after them

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think you nailed it Coric!

In the Gregor clip I think the droids are all fine.

I love the look of Abafar - in terms of a desert planets, this one makes Tatooine look like the most cheery place in the galaxy.

AkashKedavra_93 and rumblewagon like this.
  21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    After the previous episode, I think we all have a pretty good idea of how this one's gonna be like. I don't think it will be great but I guess there will at least be a few worthwhile things in it. The animation looks really good for one thing (the comet swarm is really nicely done judging by that previous preview clip).

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It certainly is very stark and desolate. At first, I thought the animators hadn't finished the episode and we were seeing the rough stills and cuts.

23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Getting tired of all these non-Clone Wars episodes. Matter of fact, I think the last Clone Wars centered episode we had was Carnage of Krell. The only thing I tolerate is the Maul stuff, because even though it was TCW's most radical move with bringing back Darth Maul, they're doing a pretty damn good job at portraying him.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This episode is gonna get too much hate [face_laugh]

25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    The episode title is my favorite thing about it so far.

But the fact that this is about droids, a tiny man, and empty space.. makes me think these droid eps could've been made because they'd be less costly. Like they had to make sacrifices to fit the budget this season.