main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Huyang Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    HAHAHHAHA.... that was a funny clip!

2. Huyang

Huyang Jedi Knight

Dec 1, 2012
    so i have my own Fan Club :p ( First post )

3. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    The funny thing is, I just read your post in Huyang's voice!

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    so did i o_O

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    And now... you have your first user, watching you.;)

:p

6. Huyang

Huyang Jedi Knight

Dec 1, 2012
    should i tell you the story how Yoda got his lightsaber ?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Did it involve Yaddle? ;)

Actually, the Professor's encounter with that idiot WAC-47 would be quite a tale to tell.

Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    -Grabs pillow and sits indian style infront of Huyang.- Please tell me your story. -Looks up wide eyed.-

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The way that episode ends is such a tease!!!

10. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Not only did David Tennant voicing Huyang get me to watch The Clone Wars (wouldn't have touched any Prequel spin-off with a 10-foot barge pole otherwise), that fact and the ST announcement having the inclusion of the OT cast were the two things that brought me back to the SW fandom after a decade of having very little positive to say about my experience in it (it seems so much better now--is it just me?).

The Clone Wars team needs to bring back the character! And yeah, I think Huyang could actually be something that would fit really well if there's any plot where Luke is searching for ancient Jedi knowledge and finds the old banged-up lightsaber droid in desperate need of repair. That would be brilliant. Of course, it would be even better if David Tennant appeared in the flesh. ;)

IMO, with all the young, fresh-faced kids around (their casting is going to be a terrifying prospect--it could go so horribly wrong so easily), the new characters probably could use a lead that is maybe in his 30s or 40s (David is 41) and has a very proven acting history and bucketloads of charisma. I love Harrison, Mark and Carrie to pieces, but the new films can't just sit on their shoulders. And I think the Harrison factor (having an extra particularly charismatic lead actor who isn't 'one of the kids' and would never, ever be confused for a 'kid') might help out when putting together a new team of heroes. Though I could very well see David playing a villain, too. And as I stated before, Harry Lloyd (the creeptastic Son of Mine in Human Nature/The Family of Blood--also had a stint on Game of Thrones) would be an amazing evil Jacen-type (and certainly wouldn't have the puny, dorky Shia factor). As far as David goes (don't even ask him to do an accent besides Scottish or Estuary though--the results are a bit like asking Sean Connery to sound like anything else), he would be an excellent and very exciting choice for any role they could come up for him (and I'm sure he'd probably be utterly thrilled just to get a role like an officer, Imperial, technician, droid, etc...).

Huyang should seriously get promoted big time in terms of continued screen-time for The Clone Wars. They've struck widening-interest gold with that character and probably attracting tons of people who barely even registered the existence of the show previously.

Doctor Who has a long history of its British thespians being utilized in Doctor Who (Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Peter Cushing, Julian Glover, Michael Sheard, Leslie Schofield, etc...). David Tennant would fit right in. He wouldn't even be the first Doctor (Cushing played the human inventor "Dr Who" in the '60s Dalek movies) in SW! And if there's any DW alumnus who would appreciate it the most, it's the biggest nerd fanboy of them all. He was even wearing a Stormtrooper t-shirt to San Diego Comic-Con 2009. His first real episode even had an homage to Luke losing his hand on Bespin (the Doctor grows a new one after losing his in a sword fight and the old one drops a great distance and later shows up a few series later--and of course, it grows a half-human/half-Time Lord clone in a metacrisis with Donna). SW loves its chopped-off hands.

I adore the fact that Huyang actually looks a lot like David (scrawny, tall guy with very narrow, delicate facial features such as his nose, the small jaw with the forward chin and huge round eyes that only Tom Baker outdoes as far as Doctors go and even those arching eyebrows). Huyang has a lot of David's features in his design.

For those of you who have no clue what this Doctor Who show or who this David Tennant bloke is (he's quite legendarily a fangirl favorite), maybe this might help:

Seerow likes this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Welcome back to being a Star Wars fan! This show is certainly what got me back into the franchise after the disappointment that was the PT, and I also didn't get into it until a few seasons in. Check out our old episodes thread to see if anything sounds interesting.

12. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    That sounds very authentic to SW's Expanded Universe. Was its name Doctor Whoo? :p /jk

You're not the only one who has had their SW fandom revived by TCW or an element of it. Plenty of users on this forum have the same perspective. Even Simon Pegg seems to like the series. Hopefully the ST is good enough to make you want to stick with the franchise.

NileQT87 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  13. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Bahaha! Why am I not surprised that Luke's hand became a clone?

I'm still working on season 2 of The Clone Wars (besides the Young Jedi arc). I got a bit sidetracked and watched almost 3 seasons of I Dream of Jeannie after Larry Hagman died (I also plan on finishing up that). As far as The Clone Wars, it definitely benefits from better dialog. I definitely probably would prefer a bit more drama than it has, though it's obviously geared to a more action-heavy format (a few of the earlier episodes bored me a bit with that and not much else) due to a largely young male audience. With the exception of the Jar-Jar comeback episodes :):shudder::), the comedy also seems a bit more fun than the Prequels had. The lack of awkward dialog is its biggest strength. I still want to put Anakin and Padmé out of their misery, though (and I say this as a person who loves fangirling and 'shipping--George totally missed the mark on the female audience--if only this show was set in the OT era!).

I kind of wish that The Clone Wars team might morph its production into perhaps a between-ANH-and-ESB show or a post-RotJ show that could lead into the ST. That would be a great way to keep the same team going, yet open up completely new opportunities for storytelling.

But yeah, adding David Tennant's voice work to the prospect of more Harrison, Mark and Carrie (I don't even care that I got so burned by Indy IV--Harrison was certainly not one of its many problems) was just the cherry on the top.

14. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Lucasfilm Animation have plenty of projects in the works. Some of them are almost certain to be set in the SW universe and with the Sequel Trilogy coming out, they'd be crazy not to involve the OT characters in some of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.