main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm done running, so the sun is rising now. :D

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    See! I was close! You're like a rooster, we know its morning when you arrive!

3. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It's nice to have a purpose in life.

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Arh, as a Padawan, my purpose is to torment you! [face_devil]

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't feel tormented. Just cold, oatmeal did not warm me up like I was hoping.

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hot shower? Its going to be close to 100F here tomorrow....opposite problem!

7. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    lol how dare they? they gotta lot of nerve.

8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    The downside of cold temps is more layers= more laundry. Heat is miserable, can make me sick if I'm not careful. So I actually prefer the cold if I have to chose one or the other. Perfect temps for me would probably be in the 50's.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Spring and Autumn....(Fall)

I know Chewie, what nerve of them!?

10. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    What is the current temp

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

11. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi everyone! Nice long sleep, Pa's morning cuppa done - threads read! Here and BMC always gives me a laughter boost in the mornings!

CPL, my R5 says it's -1C South Coast of UK atm!

PS. Sorry to hear your boy's under the weather, Addie -- hope he feels better soon!

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Here it's 30, not too cold, got down to mid 20's last week needed hat and hood + gloves for my pre dawn runs last week. Hood and gloves was enough today.

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Mid-20s in the thumb

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks, Master Falcon! On it!

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    is that Celcius or Fareheight?

Mission Three

Choose a Jedi from Luke Skywalker's order and write a profile on their accomplishments, downfalls, weaknesses and strengths.

Goodluck Padawan

yay I got my colors :D

16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Fahrenheit.

Posting my first completed task:

The Three Pillars of the Jedi - Force, Knowledge, and Self-Discipline - encompass all we do as Jedi and reinforce the precepts of the Jedi Code. We all know that the Force is created by all living things and is communicated to us through the Midi-chlorians in our cells. The Force is bigger than all of us, but expresses itself in two aspects.
    What are these two aspects of the Force and how do they compare/contrast to one another?

The two aspects of the Force are Light and Dark. A Force sensitive individual has the potential to use the Force to enhance their abilities. When using the Force the individual taps into their feelings for guidance. Even though these feelings almost always consist of good intention they can be led by either the Dark or the Light.
    An individual who chooses to tap into the Dark side of the force is often tempted because they have been led to believe the Dark side is stronger and/or easier to use. The feelings that are affiliated with the Dark side are usually those that come first naturally to most species. Most of us react with anger, revenge, hate, and fear these are impulses that come out of a situation when we are likely to need the Force. The Force can get us out of situations we could not get out of without it. The Force can help save the lives of those we care about. The Force can change the outcome of a situation. It is very tempting to act on impulse and rectify a situation as quickly as possible. However when we give into these temptations the path back to the Light becomes more and more difficult.
    On the other side of the spectrum is the individual who takes the time to sort through their feelings. A Light side force user must remember that the outcome of every situation should be for the greater good of all, not just for their own personal gain or satisfaction. Someone who can find their center, preferably through meditation when time is available will be able to take all possible outcomes into perspective. This method must be practiced so that when there is not time for meditation a good decision can be made in a short amount of time. Some emotions associated with the Light side are mercy, empathy, compassion and gratitude. These are the types of emotions that guide us to decisions that keep us on the Light path.
    It seems the obvious right decision is to use the Light side of the Force. Unfortunately, making the right decision is never as easy as it sounds. Our judgment is easily clouded. A Force user must always be mindful of their feelings. Many obstacles must be cleared each day in order to stay on the path of the Light.
    With this in mind how would you respond to this quote from Jedi Master Barriss Offee
    "Jedi refer to the 'light side' and the 'dark side', but really, these are only words, and the Force is beyond words. It is nor evil, just as it isn't good - it's simply what it is."
    I believe that what Master Offee was trying to express is that the Force itself is not good, evil, light or dark. The Force is much larger than anything we as mortal beings can understand it doesn’t take on characteristics as mortal beings do. When we use the Force we are able to use it for good, evil, light or dark. In that sense my point stands: You should examine whether your ultimate intentions are good or evil when wielding the Force.
    So do you believe that the Force is Living as well
    Yes.
    As Jedi we believe that the Force expresses itself as the Living Force, which is raw and close at hand, it the life energy tingling around you when you pass among plants and animals in a walk through the jungle, and the Unifying Force, a vast cosmic power, is the stars and galaxies, the rippling surface of space and time.

JediFalcon and CPL_Macja like this.
  17. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Wow. Impressive. You were very thorough.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Good work Runner.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Nice work Runner!

I wont be around for another 12 hours, try not to miss me! Just completed my sons school project, he's sick and I just want him to get a good grade. He had all the pictures and wording done, just needed to glue it all down. Done now....off to bed exhausted. Night all.

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Night Addie [:D] :*

21. Ewoks86

Ewoks86 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 7, 2012
    Good night Addie! You're such a good mom!

22. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    A little late...but night Addie! Also, its 41 (Fahrenheit) here. I honestly wish it was a little colder...

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    41 f is 5 C and where I live this is shorts and t-shirt weather after the temp hits -30 below 0.

why do you want it colder?

24. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Because I like cold weather. That, and I want it colder at night since my dorm is ridiculously hot. I have a fan on, and my bed next to the (open) window and I'm still overheating.

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I have to use a heater in my place. Because I can feel the heat escaping by the balcony door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.