main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Yoda in TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

The Zillo Beast thing was just a tease since he did not do much.

The problem is that the writers under direction of Filoni and Lucas are kinda like a headless chicken IMO.

It just all over the place with no actual direction or good choices where to go.

You have Yoda, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura AND WHAT do they do with them - make them sit like morons in the background. Instead of that, they could have so many great arcs about each of them. Especially Mace and Yoda and Kit Fisto.

Even after several months, I am still like: SERIOUSLY!?!?!? How can you do that!?? This is not the movies. You have a rich and awesome galaxy and you do not focus on the good stuff like the many awesome Jedi... I am speechless about this idiotic decision. How can you not have an arc about MACE frikkin WINDU or Kit Fisto or Shaak Ti?! H**k, even Yoda needs to be made to do more than just sit around. Like in "Ambush".

Dave tends to lie a lot...

Having Yoda do ANYTHING at all... anything. Not in the style of the Hardeen arc but more like a more complex version of Ambush in the style of the young jedi arc - different places and different settings that fit into one overall story ABOUT Yoda.

ANYTHING...

:_|
    That would be great. Like go on a mission like in this comic

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi:_Yoda

[​IMG]

Dooku has still not dueled anybody else in TCW other than Anakin - another fail of the writing staff - so I guess a Dooku vs Yoda must happen before this series ends.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^He dueled Ventress..

Actually it could be interesting if Yoda met her again. Dooku's former-master and former-apprentice, both betrayed.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    And Savage

4. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Is that "Dooku also dueled Savage" or "Savage was also betrayed/ should meet Yoda"? You don't have to quote an entire post..

GeneralCIS likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It would be interesting if Yoda and Ventress had another run in. I think that is particularly true after he knew Ventress would be there to save Obi-wan. She is turning into such a chaotic good.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Damn. In the parlance of the interwebz... I R DISAPOINT.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku dueled Savage

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It always dissapoints me how people waste most of the questions.

9. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    ^I seriously doubt they're randomly chosen. They likely pick out the most simple questions ahead of time.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Probably.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I was disappointed in the answer, not the question. I love episodes whose main characters or line-less background-fillers from the films, and I love one-shot episodes. :_|

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The question was not so bad compared to the Rex question or Twilight question after that.

You and me both - that answer killed all enthusiasm for future seasons. I am sick of Anakin and Obi-Wan and Ahsoka... Give me a Mace arc AND THE YODA ARC.

SO SAD!!!

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  13. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I think as far as seeing a duel involving Yoda it would have to be a 2 on 1 or a triple threat against Dooku and Ventress or maybe Yoda vs Mace.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Why would Yoda fight Mace? Brain Invader worms?

15. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Always thought about this. This series has made the Jedi look so incompetent , ESPECIALLY Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan and heck , most of the high council. Palpatine could have saved a lot of time , effort and end-of-episode stares taking over the republic if TCW Jedi were also in the movies.

FARK2005 likes this.
  16. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Hear! Hear! It’s such a waste of potential (I will never forgive them for having Mace and Dooku so close to each other in “Crisis of Naboo” and yet all we got was yet another Anakin-Dooku-duel). I think it’s alright to pick some main characters (though I could have done without Ashoka), but they did a much better job at giving other characters a place in the spotlight in the first seasons which gave the show a much greater diversity.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. When other characters get the spotlight, it makes the show stay fresh and more diverse.

Dark Lord Tarkas and GeneralCIS like this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That was however the only Anakin vs Dooku duel in the show that really had any weight to it in "Crisis on Naboo".

19. FARK2005

Sep 3, 2012
    True, but for me the disappointment of finally having Mace where the action is and yet he doesn't get to do anything completely overshadows it.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to feel there wouldn't really be any advantage to having Mace fight Dooku. At the end of the day they are both plot shielded characters. It would be something of a novelty I guess but the outcome is predictable. It will end either a stalemate or with running away. Even if Dooku were to shockingly lose an arm it would be just an "Oh, sucks to be him." moment because nothing is really going to happen. The same goes for Yoda fighting Dooku. You want to make it interesting? TCW needs to invent some OCs for these characters to have a laser sword fight with.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    People have been wanting Mace vs Dooku since 2002 and have speculated on it ever since.

The appeal seems obvious.

22. FARK2005

Sep 3, 2012
    It would still be more interesting than yet another Anakin-Dooku-duel. Even if you know the eventual outcome you still have two great swordsmen and powerful Force-weilders clashing, so you have the ingredients for an epic duel.

I agree it would be nice to have more OCs - both heroes and villains, but it would also be nice if they shuffled the established characters around so you don't have to watch the same people facing off time and time again.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It was worthless as the previous 3 ones.

TCW has enough characters to have duels with.

It has several dozen Jedi, a dozen EU acolytes that could be used. The show does not need to create more worthless pseudo-Sith.
    THERE ARE characters for dueling, the show is just too dumb and lazy to pit good characters against each other. I am still waiting for my Plo Koon vs Grievous.

Mace vs Dooku - NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Mace vs Dooku would be awesome but i'd doubt we get it

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I disagree with this. There are lots of Jedi but many of them like Plo had there fates resolved in ROTS. Fight between him and Grievous is just as predictable as one between Obi-wan and Grievous. Stale mate or somebody runs away. It'll probably be Grievous. So what if someone loses a limb. No dount it would look cool and give fanboy's their hard on. What the show really needs is less predictability and more consiquences to happen. If you develop Jedi Joe or pseudo-Sith Greg in to good, reoccuring OTs they won't be so worthless and a duel with Mace or Grievous could matter more.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.