main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation the things Disney could do with the SW franchaise.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWars2015, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Personally, I want a full movie version of the Old Republic cinematic trailers. Let Bioware go crazy.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    LOL, I would be ok with that

3. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Your avatar reminds me of the 40 piece Micro Machines master collection set I used to have.

4. Darth Shibs

Nov 1, 2012
    There's a sale at Penney's!

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  5. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Best toys ever! :D

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    1. a Star Wars themed edition to Disney World

2. Animated Shows

3. Episodes 10- 100.

4. Spin off movies.

5. Toys, games, comics, etc.

6. Fun crossovers with Disney and MArvel characters

7. Anything they want

7. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I would love to see an animated series the same as the clone wars bridging the gaps between ANH, ESB and RotJ

8. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Use some Star Wars cash to give John Carter one more go.

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I think its downright scary to see what Star Wars may become after the ST is completed. Star Wars is his creation and he has had in every aspect of it including the EU (based on my understanding George Lucas had a hand on approving the major story lines of the EU). What happens when George Lucas actually retires or passes on, and Disney is still making movies, I shudder to think of some the crap that may be produced.

10. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    ;)

11. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    "Turnabout is fair play, George; now WE'RE raping YOUR childhood!" [face_rofl]

But seriously, folks...

12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Will everyone PLEASE cut it out with that phrase? It's disgusting and totally ridiculous. :mad:

Back on topic....

Disney needs to make a Star Wars theme park. Since SoCal is too crowded for one, they should put it in Northern California...or replace Hollywood Studios in Orlando. Have different planets as different 'lands'.

13. Darth Shibs

Nov 1, 2012
    Showing our age aren't we lol

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Disney should make 3 movies a year.

15. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    1. KOTOR tv series.
    2. Boba Fett Movie
    3.Star Wars addition in Disney world. I can already imagine walking into the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Ryus likes this.
  16. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Most likely :)

17. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    You know what Disney could do with the Star Wars franchise? Whatever Lucasfilm wants to do with it.

18. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I predict that Disney will open up various Star Wars Themeparks:
    Those will be thematically different and named after their corresponding planets: Endor, Tatooine, Naboo, Death Star, hell maybe even a Hoth one in Alaska;).

I also think that they will end TCW after Season 6 and will air a new animated series that will bridge the OT with the ST, this would be the best way to familarize todays kids with the OT and ST characters. They could even adapt important EU material they want to use in the ST that way (Mara Jade, Han and Leias kids etc.).

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  19. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    How about a Sears and JC Penny's Christmas catalog, turning directly to the toys section to see all the new SW toys coming out for Christmas? :) Ah...memories.

20. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    My vote is for a TV series, CGI animation that looks close to live action, picking up right after Ep.6 and lead into Ep.7 (as suggested above). I agree that it would be a great way to get kids...new, young kids that maybe haven't seen the movies interested in the OT characters. Of course, EU fans, like myself, would have to expect that the existing continuity in the books and comics would be trampled all over. Personally, I've already accepted that that will happen and am ok with it.

As I read somewhere, the focus needs to change from TCW/Prequels era to the OT/ST era for LFL. I think we're starting to see that already at least from Dark Horse and Del Rey. Lego and Hasbro have always had a foot still in the OT even when doing PT stuff, so I don't expect that to change until Ep.7 is released. Actually, if you look at the various licensee's, you can see a shift to OT. It makes me wonder if the ST was in the works for much longer than we even know. Was LFL directing licensee's to shift to OT more than a year or so ago in preparation? Hmmmm....

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Now, I knew that production design had begun (and I vaguely recall Wheatley being named), but I don't know that any examples have been released / leaked? I'm thinking not, but if so, I'm certain someone could enlighten us?

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't see different theme parks over Star Wars, however I could see a single themepark with many subparks, like Magic Kingdom has Adventure Land, Main Street, Fantasy Land, Tomorrowland. In the same way, a Star Wars park could have a a few different sub parks. However I predict that things like Yoda's hut would either go unused or thrown into the Naboo/Kashykk/Endor/Yavin IV area.

I agree with a CGI catch up series. Look at Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes, they losely follow the origin plot, Secret Invasion, introduce lesser known Avengers, the New Avengers team, Kang the Conqueror... However they do have some differences, glossing over some of the less popular events.

In the same way, we may not get some of the less popular books, but can you imagine 4-5 episodes thrawn trilogy, 4-5 episodes jedi academy, 1-2 episodes corran horn. random x wing episodes throughout. The Vong if used would have to be dulled down. Also whoever the new villian is, can go back and be retconned as the masterhand behind all the baddies.

Ryus likes this.
  23. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Phineas and Ferb - Star Wars crossover

They're already going to do it with Marvel.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    As Saurion-Fett points out, "there's something familiar about this (topic)." :)

To the OP, other than the production of VII, which is, of course, already underway, I imagine the first tangible sign of Disney's involvement will be the move of The Clone Wars from Cartoon Network to Disney XD, once CN's agreement with LucasFilm expires following the current season.

Disney/LucasFilm's focus over the forseeable future will rightly be the production of the ST and the introduction of any possible offshoots from the new trilogy. It is following the completion of Episode IX that we may see a shift in focus for the film franchise from the Skywalker / Episodic approach to stand-alone pictures, each focusing on a featured character. This, as they say, is "where the fun begins."

There are any number of stand-alone features that I'd like to see made. In order of preference, these include:

- An 'old west'-styled film exploring Obi-Wan Kenobi and his exile on Tatooine starring Ewan McGregor. John Jackson Miller's "Kenobi" is to be set during this most tantalizing of eras (and I can't wait), but this is a story which has been crying out to be told on the big screen since 1977.

- A Dark Times picture telling the story of Darth Vader and the Great Jedi Purge, Emperor Palpatine and the rise of/defiance to the Empire. There's a pretty sizable contingent of fans who wanted to see this be part-and-parcel of Episode III and the idea certainly stirs the imagination. Would a piece set during this time include Sam Witwer and its version of the Galen Marek storyline? If not, would it find ways to gently skirt the issue, leaving the 'secret apprentice' tale canon, or would things be overwritten outright? It would be interesting, to say the least. While I suppose this could be included in the Kenobi project, I think the only way I'd want the two concepts brought together would be in a new trilogy. I worry a single movie forced to split its time between the two stories may not offer the writers enough of a platform to fully explore either tale.

- Joe Johnston has been stumping to make a Boba Fett feature and I'd love to see the man get his chance. If there's any popular Star Wars character which could really benefit from some added depth, it's Boba. The formative years of his career have really only been hinted at in the films thus far and just as with Vader hunting Jedi, there are a lot of fans who are pining to see this, myself included.

- A story set in the Old Republic is something I think most of us would welcome. Given the freedom from established storylines that a production set in this period would offer, I could even see a trilogy of Old Republic films at some point down the road.

- Looking even further back, an origin of the Je'daii Order / Tython story would be great. I know that the tale of Ajunta Pall and the Jedi exiles takes place much later than the Je'daii, but I wouldn't mind an imaginative retcon that moves Pall and the exile's discovery of Korriban and the Sith to fit in with the Je'daii. I know that fans of the Infinite Empire wouldn't like this, and while I empathize, just speaking personally, I'd prefer Korriban and the Sith to the Rakata.

- We don't yet know to what extent the New Jedi Order will be featured in the ST, but I'm quite keen on eventually seeing Luke establishing the Order and some type of 'adventures of the NJO' on film would be very welcome.

- I'd like a look at the adventures of a young Master Yoda.

- 2015 mentions the dark days of the Rebellion and the "down and dirty" side of the Galactic Civil War and I'd really like to see this. I think, though, that I'd rather it be presented as less a feature film and more a Band of Brothers-type television series.

In fact, while I feel that feature films should remain at the heart of Star Wars, there are any number of exciting directions Disney/LucasFilm could take in bringing the franchise to television.

- Beyond finishing the story of TCW, the first new television project I'd like for Disney to tackle is the Live Action Show. Set during the largely unexplored Dark Times, this show is said to offer us a look at the underworld of the GFFA. Criminal organizations like the Hutts and Black Sun, groups with shifting loyalties like bounty hunters and mercenaries, and the agents of the Empire contrasted with the grassroots beginnings of the Rebel Alliance all make this project sound like a winner to me. Throw in untold amounts of LucasFilm's resources already invested in the project in creating fifty scripts and the start of art design, next to the ST, this has to be the biggest no-brainer facing Disney.

- Personally, I'd like to see the TCW aesthetic advanced in a Star Wars: Civil War-type animated show. The first number of seasons could bring us the early years of the war from the point-of-view of not only the Big 3, but the everyman of the Alliance and the Empire itself (ideally, it would do a better job of giving us the enemy's p.o.v. than TCW) right up through the events of ESB. After a reboot of the character designs, we could then continue through ROTJ. Happily, I know of a very talented voice actor who would be a natural in the role of Luke Skywalker!

- As a continuation of 'Civil War,' I'd love to get Star Wars: The New Republic. Picking up after the Battle of Endor, this could either be animated (if it focuses on the movie heroes) or live action (requiring either a storyline apart from the heroes or a recasting). This is the story we've all waited to see since we first watched ROTJ, and although a large part of my ravenous desire for this is likely to be sated by the ST, I'd certainly welcome the news of this one.

- That 'Adventures of the New Jedi Order' film I mentioned earlier? It might make an even better television series.

Even with all this, I've not even mentioned the video games, collectables, housewares and all of the other areas where LucasFilm has already extended its reach. I'd have to think that with the resources available to Disney, as one of the largest entertainment conglomerates in the entire world, we've not begun to even scratch the surface of what is to come.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Broadway musical... A New Hope, muscial numbers by Luke when he find his aunt and uncle dead... Leia while captured, Han and Chewie sea chanty...