main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    What's so wrong with Cade, I thought he was a good character, maybe a little arrogant/bratty but otherwise nicely developed.

2. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Figures -- Legacy returns (possibly as a prequel) and Dark Times is continued. Of course this means that we'll finally get to see the Hat's comeback.

Also, I second the notion that Lowie should be in this. And who says he still has to be a Jedi at that point? [face_thinking]

3. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Exactly. And when they realized that his: "I don't want to do anything useful" attitude is unusable for a story arc, he suddenly starting to act like the galaxies big hero.
    Or maybe I just hate that hundred years from the movies we have a blonde skywalker who switches his blue lightsaber for a green.
    I loved legacy but the homages could be a little more subtle.

Hopefully this sequel series will mark the beginning of a really new era for star wars

4. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Nope.

By the way, apart from his nice hat is there any reason why we need clone wars survivors more than a century after the OT?

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I think that misses the point of what I think was one of John and Jan's ambitions - to create a new SW era and fill it with a strong cast of characters that others can then go on to draw on should they so choose to do so.

The problem with Cade is not so much the character or the arc - both I liked a great deal - but rather that the focus on him meant a lot of other, equally interesting characters didn't get the attention they should have! e.g. Wolf.

CooperTFN likes this.
  6. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    aaah daaaaam I need more info to begin theory crafting. Just a small slip of tongue...please

7. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I kind of hope its a sequel just because theres still a mystery of whats going to happen, if its a prequel, we already know the outcome.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You say that like the Hat isn't enough of a reason.

:confused:

Zorrixor likes this.
  9. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I love Legacy... I just do, K'Krukk, IKs, Shado Vao... More Rogues, Just awesome.

But here is my thing, it seems as though LotF and FotJ were headed down the road toward Legacy. Then all of a sudden right turn. I am worried that Legacy will be deemed infinites. However, this book may be the ret con series to keep it relevant to the rest of the series. IDK

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    One, there's still 90+ years to fill in - anything and everything can happen.

Two, if Legacy's place in canon is threatened right now, it's by Disney, not DR. :p

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I still say there's little the Mouse can do that Legacy can't retcon to ensure its survival.

That Vong ship that captured Hett? It was just from a localised conflict in the Rim.
    That Caedus dude who served as a lightning rod? He's whoever you want him to be, big fella.

The only thing that could obliterate Legacy is if the Big 3 die before having kids. But pfft. Boba Fett proves that even death is not enough to keep a good story down :p

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I believe Del Rey is trying to appease Disney by changing direction to fall in line with Disney's vision. Jag Fel was supposed to be the first Emperor, now he stepped down... WHat?!

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    There's very little we know for sure about Disney and the EU right now, but I can promise you one thing: Apocalypse was written a long, long time before anyone at DR had the slightest idea.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I want to be excited about Lgacy, but I ask myself, what is the point? My beloved EU is in jeopardy as it is. I will continue to read Crucible and SotJ in hope it leads to 7. But I doubt that Legacy will survive

15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I can't imagine a situation where SotJ would survive and Legacy not. If SotJ survived, so would have Legacy's backstory.

Could Legacy be bumped further forward in the timeline? Maybe. It's happened before, with the Clone Wars going back, or the events in TOTJ being bounced around the odd century or two, but all those stories survived perfectly fine.

16. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Stop talking about the ST in mah Legacy thread

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I could see that happening, or perhaps Jag's kid being the first Emperor instead.. Who knows, just lack the excitement here, maybe with details I will be enthused

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    That's like having a piece of chocolate cake and a Twinkie in front of you, and thinking "oh, all this sugar is bad for me...I'll just stick to the Twinkie."

Zorrixor likes this.
  19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    This is true, but to me, the choclate cake is EU and legacy is the twinkie, and i choose the choclate cake...

I like the books over Legacy, that being said I do have the Draco and Ganner actionfigures

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    It's one thing to prefer the books over Legacy (though I admit you'll find a lot of us disagree), but the thing to remember is that it's all "EU"; the comics as much as the books. Phrasing it otherwise could come across to some people like you're saying certain things don't count.

Ulicus likes this.
  21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Umm, somebody explain to me how Apocalypse could possibly undo Legacy?

22. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Bah, dessert analogies aren't my cup of tea. Let's use scotch whisky.

Legacy = Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch
    LOTF/FOTJ = Cutty Sark

Yes, I am currently preparing to meet friends at a bar for drinks after work. Don't judge. :p

--Adm. Nick

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    The EU is like alcohol; it.....wait, wrong thread.

cthugha likes this.
  24. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Jag Fel was acting Head of State for the Imperial Remnant, in Legacy it is revealed he is the first Emperor of a new family of Emperors. Yet, in Apocalypse. he steps down to marry Jaina.

25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    ....So? He can always assume the role of Emperor later? Right? Just because he stepped down then doesn't mean he'll never ever be Emperor.