main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ruth baulding: aha, I get the "inspired" reference! If Ash's Obi-Wan were sent to the Chandrilan convention - well, chaos would occur. I propose we ALL write a story based on that photo - it can be individual OR a round-robin. Also, you haven't seen the final Obi-Wan chapter in that story - it's only got 2 chapters up on ff.n and all four up here and Obi-Wan is far different from the draft you saw.

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Unless I think of a short story, Val, the Obi-Wan story I told you about a year ago is around that age range...you know..the one with the cat?

I'm still mulling that one...would that count?

3. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ANY story with Obi-Wan counts.

4. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Thought so...just sayin...

going to get a start (for a very short while) on my next chapter (that is...find the draft from a year ago, put it somewhere else, decide whats keepable than delete the rest).

But must save time to read Ruth update I just saw...[face_dancing]

5. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ruth didn't update on here, just posted a note on her story. I, however, did complete my story.

6. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I mean Ruth's update on FF...but I"m trying to decide if I'll read the rest of your story on here or wait until it is posted on Ff...I read your second chapter the other day...

I loved that chapter too...:)

Very tired right now...going to bed. 10 hours tomorrow and Fri...Sat. off, then six hours on Sunday...(sigh)...

7. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Oh my gosh, so many fan fiction to read.where to start?

I hope they get Ewan for the next trilogy. Have you noticed the difference between. The Padawan Obiwan and the Jedi Master Obiwan in terms of personality change?

laloga likes this.
  8. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    I hope they do as well! [face_love] He's said he's willing to take part. You know, there's always the possibility of time travel...

As far as Obi's personality, he seems a bit more certain of himself, but also less brash, in his Knighthood. The Wars and training a Padawan of his own probably have a lot to do with that. :) What have you noticed?

serendipityaey likes this.
  9. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Yeah,it seems both QuiGon and Anakin had an effect on him. Except that he is stronger in resisting the dark side.

10. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    laloga Stone!!

Ahem, in other news... I knew I could do better... plus I couldn't really use that image with another one since I put 'artistic' overlay stuff on it, so I tried again...

[​IMG]

So this guy I can actually try to use with someone else. Which I will try sometime soon :) I forgot to eat lunch :p Also, laloga can you send me that pic of Qui you did? Email or something? [face_love]

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
  12. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Show off.
    I'm afraid a moderator will kick me off here for outrageous abuse of my main character. I'm told they have /standards/ around here, unlike the other place![face_laugh]

13. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh, oh, oh!!!! It gets better and better!!!!!
    There are no emoticons sufficient to express my delight at this, Ash. This blows the cheesy covers for the JA series out of the water. No - it crushes, them, grinds them into tiny pieces, and blasts them into oblivion.

laloga, serendipityaey and obimom like this.
  14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-torture is a recognized genre, Ruth. They should have a tab for it in fanfic.

As for the show-off moniker - friend (mock hands on hips) - it's the first story I've finished on here in several years! Darn right I'm announcing it to all and sundry. :D

So - the girls are getting along - not all as sunshine and roses here, but no blood shed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Kahlua and next, Brandy

[​IMG]

obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  15. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I always want to say: yes, Padawan Obi-Wan is snarky, while Jedi master is ..uh..not. But the exchanges between Obi-Wan and Anakin in AoTC and RoTS - especially in the beginning of the latter, are full of sarcastic retorts and dry irony.
    And then I always want to say - oh, the Padawan is more reckless. Then Obi-Wan goes and jumps out the window in AoTC, and then tops all with the cocky "hello there" move when he challenges Greivous... so, uh, I guess not.
    There is a definite overlay of sobriety, especially by RoTS - the weight of responsibility and the grief occasionaed by the war and all the moral compromise it entails. But delightfully enough, you get to see glimpses of the sassy and recklessly brave younger man, too.
    It's not a personality change so much as a growth - the older version has that many more layers of complexity and memory.
    or did you mean bridging Episode III to Episode IV? That's another question!

Valairy Scot likes this.
  16. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    The cats!! They are a wonderful mismatched pair. Lovurrly girls.

17. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I forgot! I put the TROUSERS story here, Val. you know, the one written specifically for you. Where Obi-Wan can't seem to keep his on.
    They haven't kicked me off the Boards yet for that one....

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, I KNOW the Obi-can't-keep-his-pants-on story is on here! [face_rofl] At last!!!!!!!! Methinks the mods are too busy laughing to evict it. :D

And I'll gladly take credit for talking you into it - it is SO GOOD.

The two girls aren't THAT mismatched - I mean, they're color coordinated. They even do this a few times:

[​IMG]

obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

Wow! Thank you [:D]Guess what?? I have more!

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

Oh... I love his smile when he says that...... dreamy sigh....[face_love][face_love][face_love]

21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    And now...... Obi and Qui!!! No background yet... thoughts?

[​IMG]

22. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Mmmmmm... no trousers...

23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Awwww, Val, I love the kitties!! [face_love][:D] I want to cuddle them!

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I see Qui-Gon is doing the "Jedi Master" pose while Obi-Wan is having fun. Wouldn't surprise me if Qui-Gon's hand is behind Obi-Wan, trying to tug on his braid to put on a "Jedi stoic face" but can't find the braid. Mwwwaaahhh. :D

ruth baulding and serendipityaey like this.
  25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004