main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Should I bring up the "thinking with the lightsaber" comment again?

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan should marry Satine

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is genius writing right there...

Right... from Episode IV we see that Obi-Wan won't have luck in the marriage department.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Are you serious? I-I didn't know. I'm sorry.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I hear Desert-Vistas with a great view are on the cheap right now.:p

Seerow likes this.
  6. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Tired from saving the galaxy and having such an obnoxious apprentice you just want to Force choke? Well, Desert-Vistas is the place for you! Complementary meals, a sand park, and a 16 hour sun-bathe. Join us at night to witness the twin sun sets and some music. Book now!

SithStarSlayer and Valairy Scot like this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    You forgot free Bantha rides and a copy of "Idiot's guide to trading with Jawas", for the first fifty callers. :p

Seerow likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Operators standing by...

9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan sure has been popular today. Everything from love interests friends to vacations and force-choking his annoying padawan his brother. :p

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess the Obi-wan fans are just excited to get their Obi-wan fix for the season.

11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I know I am. :D He's my favorite non-TCW OC Jedi.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Obi-wan has always been my favorite Jedi. Infact it may have been him I started watching the show for rather than Anakin. =)

hlc88 and Valairy Scot like this.
  13. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I like TCW Anakin more than PT Anakin. Anakin has been growing on me, but I doubt he'll top Obi in the near future.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Being an animation buff is what really got me to pop in that Blu-ray one night when I was bored. I like TCW Anakin better myself. Done wonders for me to get into the character. I guess I never hated Anakin in the PT. I just didn't like him if ya know what I'm saying. See my posts in the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread. Still the familiar characters like him, Obi-wan, Yoda, and some others I guess were what originally drew me in.

15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I think we had a discussion about it either in the Unpopular Opinions thread or somewhere else now that I think about it. While I have TCW OC's that are now favorites, it was Obi-Wan (and Anakin to a lesser extent) that pulled me into the show.

16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It was certainly the story of Obi-Wan/Anakin and the events of the Clone Wars that pulled me into this show, but the story/fate of Ahsoka is what has kept me riveted. The OC's of Cad Bane and Hondo have been brilliant additions to the SW Galaxy - and the expansion of Ventress's story has been excellent as well. TCW has brought to the life the clones and their individual stories and personalties like nothing else.

Seerow likes this.
  17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Speaking of the Holonet, I would kill for an episode centering on how the war is portrayed to the average citizen, say on Alderaan.

Valairy Scot and Seerow like this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The OCs have become favorite of mine, particularly the clones; particularly Rex, Fives, and Cut. It was "Jedi Crash" where I first really noticed Rex and started to really like him. Then came "Innocents of Ryloth" which also did a lot to make me a clone fangirl. No surprise since I seem to normally like armored characters and super heroes with cool helmets. I didn't watch the movie until after I finished season 3.

Garth Maul. With any luck we'll get some of that season 5. It looks to be on Coruscant but the trailer there is a shot of an anti-war/anti-clone protest.

[​IMG]

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    More like Raxus. With footage of General Grievous kiss--- er... nuzzling babies with his mask. And glorified footage of the enslave-- er... liberation of the oppressed Quarians who have been treated as second class citizens by the evil, child Mon Cala king. Riff died valiantly as he held off a Jedi. No! Two Jedi! No. More like a hundred Jedi! Buying the brave toasters of the Separatist Alliance to make a retreat off the planet.

Nute Gunray spends his free time traveling to oppressed worlds such as Rodia, where he reads stories to injured children in hospitals, and refuses to give up on these brave souls that have lost everything in a war that the Republic has forced upon them. In fact, Gunray convinced Dooku to enter into a deal with the reformed Zygerrians - who now run a temp agency - to secure the labor to build a new orphanage for these children and put the unemployed back to work. The orphanage was to be equipped with all the best amenities that money can buy. Spared no expense. However, the Jedi are unforgiving individuals that harbor a millennia long grudge against the Zygerrians and attacked them unprovoked! The Jedi then dragged several of these orphans off - including a Gungan, Rodian and Nautolan to be raised in the rigid and oppressive Jedi Order, which robs them of their innocence and turns them into child-soldiers! You need not look any further than to the Separatist's most beloved son, Lux Bonteri to see how the Republic and Jedi rob the young of their innocence. Please come home to the Separatists, Lux!

Wat Tambor invaded the opulent palace of gluttonous Orn Free Taa, with the intention of re-distributing the wealth to the oppressed Twi'lek masses who - under the Republic's watch - are often sold into slavery. The Republic then slandered the CIS' efforts and sent Master Di to lead the Twi'leks on a forced march into the mountains, where we believe they have been interred at Jedi run concentration camps. The Jedi then seized Orn Free Taa's wealth to ensure it did not fall into the hands of the poor. They are keeping the poor down and allowing the wealthy to become wealthier. Hypocrites!

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I could see it now. A small crowd of faceless Twi'leks, Humans, Rodians, and Ithorians there on the steps.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hey, its something new and a step in the right direction. =b

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    What is that picture supposed to be?

Is that people protesting clone troopers? The slaves that are dying for them? I hope not, that's incredibly stupid.

Protest the government that is using them, not the clone troopers themselves.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm fairly sure they are protesting the government. Looks anti was to me. I'm sure folks are wanting there lights back on so they can read or something. Maybe some of them will bind themselves to the building. If it is an anti-clone protest, it may turn out kinda dumb. I'm pretty sure if you ask folks in the crowd to enlist most will decline.

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    These are citizens with voices, with concerns, with lives!

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

If TCW has taught us anything, the same guy will be in the crowd 5 times. Maybe in a different colored shirt if we're lucky. And their chants will be indistinct murmurs until one person steps forward to voice their concerns - which if S2 is anything to go by, will accuse the Jedi for being behind the war, and will accuse the Jedi and Republic of being occupiers, when we've not seen that side of the Republic army any of the other times we've seen them liberate a planet, so it will probably look like it's just coming out of left field.

The twi'leks thought the Republic was just going to be a conquering force that would occupy Ryloth in place of the Separatists, yet Mace and Cham seemed to find a respect for each other in their mutual conflict, and that's not the direction that things took. Then with Geonosis it appears that the Republic is anything but occupiers, since the Geonosians slipped right back into the war under the Republic's nose. The grievances of the Republic are probably going to come across as some untangible thing with very little substance to it, since we've not seen anything like that and so it will just be something we hear about rather than is shown (like the plight of the Naboo in TPM).

And by the end of it, Ahsoka and the Jedi will probably have worked things out with the protesters. I would hope not, and that we might see an actual step toward the mistrust that causes the Republic to blindly accept the destruction of the Jedi. But so much with this show it seems like they get on the right track and then take a step forward and then a step back.

Seerow and CT-867-5309 like this.