main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_sigh]

Despite all the awfulness surrounding RoboMaul's return, I rather like that YellowMaul and him are trying to take over the Sith Order's traditional minions: Black Sun and the Mandalorians. I bet it more than annoys Sidious.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Woo, spoiler conversation!

See, my perspective on the whole Mauldalore arc is that they had this Lucasian edict come down that Maul should come back, and they're just groping desperately for plausible things he could be doing, despite having no role in the main narrative.

"Well, uh...I guess he could be a crime lord. And join the Mandos!"

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...and get his ass kicked by
    Dengar!

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm guessing these are all Shadow Conspiracy spoilers, right? Ah well, we'll see how it goes. [face_sigh]

5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Maul meets Waru. There, the Band-Aid's off.

Gorefiend likes this.
  6. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Barriss_Coffee Gah, I should have used a different headdesk because now that I've actually seen the pic I have no way to escalate.

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Eh,
    Traviss has already given us a Jedi in Mandalorian armor. Why not a Sith, too?

8. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Because he never claimed to be Mandalore while having no ties to the culture

GGrievous and Mia Mesharad like this.
  9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am almost certain that is one of his flunkies - you can see multiple people with that helmet in the various previews on the main site, one of which gets unceremoniously blown away in a fire fight with loyalists.

Maul, in contrast, is always seen wearing light clothing, not armor.

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Wait, the Shredder is now in Star Wars?

If this is the case, then I demand Splinter and the Ninja Turtles join forces to defeat these Mandos.

Danzo likes this.
  11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Since Mandos are all supposed to be dead, you will more likely need these guys. :D

[​IMG]

12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Wait for what the morning brings...................I was clearly mistaken about last week's episode being the worst Star Wars ever made. I stand corrected.[face_cow]

13. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    That is.... the worst looking Mandalorian Armor I have ever seen. How much more on the bloody nose can you get?

Esg likes this.
  14. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Uh....didn't Sidious direct Maul to cripple Black Sun around the time of TPM? Why do that if Black Sun were one of the Sith Order's allies?

15. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Because the Black Sun head at the time did not much care for the Sith.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah. Think of it as grooming Black Sun.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I don't remember this part of Last of the Time Lords. [face_plain]

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well most of LACWAC thoroughly despised this episode with a passion, but I thought it was halfways entertaining. Filoni said it was an experiment, and I assume it's one they won't ever repeat again. Reposting something I mentioned in LACWAC:

Thinking about this episode some more, I think it mainly suffered from attempting too much. It was trying to fit the basic premises of existentialism into ~22 minutes. But there's a reason mountains of books have been written on these ideas. If you stick it in a kid's show and have the main characters questioning their existence in the first two minutes, the whole "experience" aspect of existentialism is wasted. You're telling your audience what to think, not leading them through the steps of the thought process so they can put themselves in the narrator/characters' positions.

I liked the basic premise: the sentient justifying his existence to a droid. The problem was it was rushed, and they did not explore any of the issues half as well as they could (and arguably, should) have.

19. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    is it only me, or was that village deserted? will there be another episode with droids? thought it was only 2

20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    This episode is just :confused:
    They still get the Clone Commando episode, after that it should be the Padme/Clovis episodes, followed by Mauldaron.

21. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Weird episode. I didn't loathe it, but I felt it was predictable and ham-fisted. As Barriss_Coffee said, perhaps a bit over-ambitious.

I was surprised at flippancy of the dialog regarding death. WAC speaks very casually (excitedly, even?) about Gascon dying and light-heartedly suggests the idea of him committing suicide. I realize death doesn't mean the same to a droid as it does to an organic, but that still struck me as rather dark humor.

I loved the visuals of the comet swarm, though I felt the salt-flat "void" got old fast. Which was the point, I guess. Oh yes, and I liked the astromech elevator on the CIS shuttle. Great callback to TPM.

22. Something_Exile

Something_Exile Jedi Master

Nov 23, 2012
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. I actually really enjoyed the last episode (doggy paddle droid says it all) and overall this season has been pretty good, with the Youngling arc really standing out for me as something surprisingly great, but I really found myself groaning at all the lines regarding death in this episode. That was more than a bit messed up, and it sort of brought me out of the episode with how inappropriate it was. For everything else involved, TCW is meant to be a kids show and suicide jokes seem a bit... far.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Finally got to last week's episode: the one that people seemed to despise? I dunno, I thought it wasn't so bad. Not as good as the Younglings arc, but it was a nice bit of something different. The humor could be a little puerile at times -- a bit too heavy-handed on the slapstick -- but it was a fun episode, and fun's good. Plus, it was one of those rare episodes when the intro moral was actually a good one.

Gascon's basically a bite-sized Krell. :p

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Because I seem to be one of the people everyone expects to defend this show - yeah, I was underwhelmed by this one too. I don't think it was rushed so much as it just hadn't been earned with these particular characters. The last episode was amusing as a light-hearted farce, but to go straight from that to this with characters we'd never even seen before was ill-advised.

Think about how interesting Gascon's arc could've been with, say, one of the clones. Especially all the training v. programming stuff.