main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    A Republic gunship, which is a symbol of the clones, is approaching and people are protesting. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions here (that's why I said I hope not), but I've seen users here (you just a couple posts up) suggest that it's an anti-clone protest. Someone is holding a sign with a slash through a clone trooper helmet, what is that supposed to mean? I can't make out what the pizza shaped signs are supposed to be.

People protesting the clones themselves would probably be the most insensitive thing TCW has ever done. I hope it's not a Vietnam/Rambo thing.

Also, if it's from the S5 trailer, why are you posting it here?

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its an imagine that popped up on the lightsaber rattling page.

I suggested it may just be anti using the clones. But is also looks more anti-war. If you were going to protest the war what symbol would you use? You'd be protesting the government anyways. Can't image it would do much good or be very smart to protest a clone trooper to his face.

Hah, that same woman with the wavy hair, awful bangs, and Sarah Jessica Parker face that was recolored 1,000s of times and everywhere in the Onderon arc.

I hope the finally plants the seeds of distrust and kicks Ahsoka to the curb for a so she's more of a rogue for a while.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd like the idea that the populace is actually against the clone army on moral grounds and protesting the Jedi for leading the "slave army" and being corrupted on their ideals.

It would mean that Dave Filoni has read my incessant bickering on the matter heard my prayers (or just has a like mind and finally chose to explore this blatant morally questionable action that the Jedi/Republic has taken :p ).

Seerow likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Not the clone troopers, because then you come off as a ****.

How about two lightsabers clashing? Or PALPATINE? Or a Star Destroyer? Just not the poor slave cannon fodder who has prevented the droid armies from steamrolling your ***.

Really, there's zero moral grounds to protest the clones themselves.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, I deeply care for Twi'lek #42354252. I think Ithorian #3423542 also has strong feelings too.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There is the possibility some people don't quite consider the clones "human," (or rather, "natural")...[face_thinking]

Seerow likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe some droids should voice their opinions as well :p

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Do not cheapen their plight!!!

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Endless Republic victories doesn't seem to interest them so they must protest.

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I don't see any moral grounds behind protesting someone for being born in a vat. If they want to protest that, go to Kamino.

So these people are just outing themselves as "specists" ?

Then again, outside of Jedi, I can't think of a single non-human in the Republic military, or even a non-white male for that matter. (clones aside)

Does anyone know what building they're standing outside of? Looks like the Jedi Temple, but I'm not sure.

In case you didn't notice:

I AM OUTRAGED!

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    First, let me say, CT, I don't disagree with you. Your point is well-founded, as the clones are the backbone of the GAR, and they are quite heroic. But... I think Cut Lawquane would disagree. Do the clones always act benevolently? Are they always the good guys? (Slick) There are probably quite a few clones that committed some atrocities. I think the argument is: "If one clone can go bad, why not the rest?"

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    It is the Jedi Temple

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We don't know much about the protest honestly. Its only a picture. I don't think there is much to get upset over yet or excited for honestly. It just looks interesting.

For all we know some clones are getting ready to commit an atrocity or hell maybe they'll get into a bar fight and kill innocent then all the suddenly like is normal for people to do, they'll decide they are dangerous to everybody rather than heroes despite all the lives clones save and start to protest. Lets just wait and watch.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow we have a long wait :p

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The OCs can also be the worst part of the show cause when it comes with getting Saga characters in, the show takes EXTREME care like with Tarking and Chewbacca. But there have been numerous times where the OCs, especially on the good side, are so stale and boring... it makes you wonder why did they bother to create him or her or it.

In cases like Fives or Hondo - they are great OCs but in the cases like Savage or Nossor Ri or Ramsis Dendup - such OCs just SUCK so much and do not need to be created. Better use Saga characters and re-invent them.

About the protests - INSERT ROBOT CHICKEN JOKE NOW: Hippies suck in every galaxy!

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There are so many characters fighting for screen time its difficult to fit them all. The OCs are the ones that really make the story interesting. TCW just needs to do better job creating reoccuring OCs that aren't all generic like Saw.

That's not a bad thing since we'll have a long wait after the fact.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Characters like Tup or Kix or Boil are generic, Saw was underdeveloped. But I disagree. Since the movies are 2 hours each, not much can be done with the secondary characters and here is where it becomes REALLY interesting cause Saga characters can be reinvented and explored.
    Like with Tarkin.

I know you will always disagree with me since you love characters like Rex and Fives who are OCs and I strongly support Saga characters like Tikkes or San Hill to appear on the show.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    From a certain POV. ;) I could handle the Obi-Wan and Anakin show IF at least moderately well-written (of course, I LOVE banter and teamwork). But I've no objections to well-written OCs either.

Seerow likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW has always been about the journey and then the end result. I support using characters like Yoda, Mace, Plo and Barriss who are revent to running arcs in the show. But that only gets you so far IMO. I can suspend reality with the best of them. I again hammer how much it would help TCW to increase the unpredictability level.

I gotta say I think this describes TCW pretty well in a nutshell. =b

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    There is no journey if you know the end result. It's just more filler and contradictions if done incorrectly.

Esg and CT-867-5309 like this.
  21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The end result *can* be richer for the experiences along the way, IMHO. I agree with your last sentence, not the first.

Togruta, AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What can I say? I like this journey.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I generally see you as a TCW fan only. :p

I don't see any journey, just more filler/contradictions added to a messy timeline.

24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I see GG's point, as I've always felt it was a journey that had already been taken.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pfft, I've had the Rebel logo on my car for two years now. I'm definately an SW fan. =b

[​IMG]