main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 6th Annual Fic-Gift Exchange: The first in our new home! Fic-Gifts due January 3 (6 days)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    'Tis the season to write Fic-Gifts
    Falalala la lala la LAH!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the Sixth Annual Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange!
    This is the first year we have done this on the new boards, though, and in the past, mavjade has hosted it (with great success, I may add). I received the go-ahead to do it this year. I hope I can do at least half as good a job as our mod has done in the past. The rules and everything is what mavjade has laid out.

How To Participate

Send me, Alexis_Wingstar, a PM with the things you would like in your fic-gift, something you don't want to see in your fic-gift, the main characters you would like and what Era(s) your fic-gift should be in.

**You are allowed to put more than three things that you want (unlike previous years) BUT the author is only required to use the first three things, so put your wishes in order of preference, same goes for characters.

Also in your PM should be what Era(s) you would like to write in (willingness to write in any era is appreciated ;) ).

Example PM:

I would like a story in Before with:

1. a stolen kiss
    2. an embarrassing mishap
    3. someone doing the cha-cha

I do not want: anyone dying

Characters: Master Dooku, Jocasta Nu

I would like to write in Before or Saga.

After I have received all the requests I will send you someones request and you will write for them. Your request will not necessarily be given to the person for whom you are writing, but it is possible that it will happen.

When sending your request, remember that this is not the Dare challenge and you aren't trying to stump someone or make them miserable, you are getting something you would like to read.

When you are writing, feel free to be as creative as you want, just remember to include at least the first three things for which your fic-gift recipient asked.

Deadlines/Posting

Fic-Gift Requests: 5:00pm, board time, Thursday December 1st
    Requests will go out on the 2nd or 3rd

Deadline for your fic-gift to be posted: 11:59pm board time, Tuesday January 3rd, though your fic-gift can be posted at any time before then.

~~When you post your fic-gift please put in the title "Fic-gift for ___ " with their name where ___ is and post a link in this thread.

~~If you have not posted your fic-gift (approximately) two weeks before it is due, you will receive a PM from me reminding you of the due date. If you don't wish to receive this reminder PM, let me know.

Other Important Info:

* It is very difficult once to trade fic-gift requests once they have all been sent out so please think carefully about what era's you agree to write in. If there is a character(s) you refuse to write, let me know but please do so sparingly.

* If your request has an Original Character in it, please provide a link to stories where someone can read your OC and get an idea about their character. If you are feeling particularly helpful, a character description and some character traits might be appreciated by the writer.

* If for some reason you find you will not be able to get your Fic-gift done by the deadline, please let me know as soon as possible so I can send the request to someone else. I don't want anyone to get left out!

* If you find yourself done with your fic-gift early and would be willing to write another fic-gift for someone who finds they are not able to write after all, let me know! I can always use pinch hitters!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask in the thread!

Happy Holidays!

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
  3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Sending PM now.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    PM has been sent! :D

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hmmm. In the past this has shaken up Darth Writer's Block, so I think I shall do it again this year. Now to think of what I want....

6. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    YEAH! So glad we are doing this again! Sending PM now.

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thanks to everyone who has signed up already. So far there are two requests for Before, one Saga, and 4 Beyonds. I hope at least one other person signs up for Saga, or else there will be one person who doesn't get a fic-gift who requested one.[face_nail_biting]Well, I really won't let that happen. If all else fails, I'll participate. I won't let a fellow fan-ficcer down! However, it'd be great if we have more people participating.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Remember, requests are due tomorrow at 5PM!

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Okay, it's now 5PM board time, and there are even numbers in all eras, so sign ups for requests are now closed. Thank you to everyone who sent in requests. @};-

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Darn, I completely forgot to check for this until after Advent started. I look forward to reading!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Arrived on sunday to check the boards and saw this. Too late too. Or writing a surprise for DarthIshtar?

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    If the two of you wish to do an unofficial fic-gift exchange, far be it from me to stop you. ;) As it is, I am doing an unofficial fic-gift for someone else which will also be a gift for some I know in RL.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I will be PMing him...

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    That's great. :)

I think if I'm allowed to host this next year I'll post it in the last week of October and change the date for the sign ups to December 5th so the NaNo-ers will be more likely to participate.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yup, just got earlybird's request. Now have to think of something.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I've been procrastinating studying for finals, so I've actually already finished my fic-gift (and it's a decent length). I know we can post them any time before January 3rd, but I'm wondering if it's too early to post it now. Everyone likes early gifts, but part of the fun is the waiting.

17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Hehe, the suspense is killing me :p

Okay, I put the link in the second post. :)

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I just posted mine early...you know...just in case the Mayans are right.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Love it!!:D

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Now thinking about something for DarthIshtar

23. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006

That was great, Brianna.

24. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
  25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    That was great :)

BTW, I wouldn't mind if someone did an unofficial fic gift of the story idea I put in the posted beginning this thread. [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.