main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.11 - A Sunny Day In The Void - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Dec 5, 2012.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    According to Dave Filoni, the influence on this episode and the title is the artist Jean Giraud, who also had a big influence on THX 1138 and Star Wars.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I know. But the thing is if he has already influenced it, how can it feel like they are not just doing a standard TCW episode and calling it an experiment. I mean if you look many of Moebius's art, it looks what many concept images of SW and TCW look like already.

Seerow likes this.
  3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm not too concerned about titles. I see it more as an artistic expression.

I was just thinking about titles such as "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" which is, of course, the basis for the movie Blade Runner. But what does the title Blade Runner even mean? No one runs through blades or runs with blades or has anything to do with running of blades in the movie? Is it just a "cool sounding" title to make up for a strange original title of the book that producers thought might turn people off to the movie?

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Jean Giraud had various concept worlds in his sci-fi stories, to illustrate various philosophical or abstract ideas. Having the characters walk through an endless, featureless waste seems like something he'd do, depending on their dialogue and interaction.

Based on the artwork and screencaps, this is not your typical Tatooine/Geonosis/Ryloth, but more of an endless Star Trek TOS soundstage.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I still think the new planet looks up the upper Gobi Desert. Or maybe its like the Atacama.

Most certainly. It would still be kinda interesting is Gascon treats clones the way he treats droids.

It pretty much seems like Gregor is going to be activated kind of randomly. I wonder how they are going to find out Gregor is on the planet. I think there were scenes in the clip of Mace finding contacting Gregor, but...

Order66Survivor likes this.
  6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Hold up Seerow...

Isn't it possible that Gregor will appear at the end of this episode? Like they find him at the end or something?

Kinda like a little ho-ho/cliffhanger/teaser for the episode after?

Of course i'm holding on to hope here... :p

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Missing in Action" is the next episode. I wonder what that could be talking about? Maybe he'll pop up at the end but he seems like the reward we are going to get for coming back after the break and getting through the first two droid episodes.

Ok, keep talking about him here.

8. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    This episode looks like it will be interesting. Mainly because they are going to walk on an endless desert without eventually shriveling up like a raisin (and I'm talking about Gascon.)

Seerow likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe he is more like a toad?

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hour and half left :p

cwustudent likes this.
  11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    You lucky son of a gun. I do hope this episode surprises us, and ends up with a great reputation.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    So true :p

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Just saw the episode and it was entertaining

The Blue Logo is still here
    This episode will make you go blind if you watch it in High Definition, so bright
    Homage to Jurassic Park...kinda
    No mention of Gregor
    Wac is made a Corporal
    Gascon goes crazy
    The Comets were cool

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yea, at the end

16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    How so?

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Birds running in Gascon and Wac's direction, and the birds looks similar to ones in Jurassic Park

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  18. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    huh never thought of it like that before...

"There is no life in the void..... Only..... Death.........."

19. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    to be a fly on the wall in the office of TCW productions when they decided this should be (2-3-)4 parter

stormcloud8 likes this.
  20. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    IMO this is the worst episode in TCW history. Half the episode I was yawning and asking myself why I was even bothering to watch. The entire episode was the droids beeping through a desert and the frog dude talking to himself and WAC. There were no other characters involved and the landscape after the crash was the endless void for the entire episode. The ending was left on a "ok..." note. Sad ending to the year. Who ever decided to waste 22 mins of an episode travelling through an endless desert with a frog and beeping droids was clearly on some sort of mind numbing drug. The thought that were only 2 episodes into a 4 part of nothingness saddens me. Why waste episodes on pointless, non-action, boring episodes like this where the main characters beep to talk and there is 0 action? Seriously...we've seen crash scenes so many times in TCW. There was no action other than that scene for the entire episode and we've seen it so many times before. Get ready for a bore fest tomorrow to all the US residents who will be tuning in at 9 30.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I bet you thought TESB was boring too. o_O

22. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    If there's none of the "action" that was in the last episode, this might be reasonable. :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    On a deserted planet, what do you expect them to do, stand there and look stupid without checking the place out

24. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Action and the magnitude of action does not dictate the quality of storytelling. By that logic, Michael Bay's Transformers films must be masterpieces.

25. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    So just walking through a desert like I thought?