main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Purge: The Tyrant's Fist #1 (of 2)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 7, 2012.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    He lost his legs, not his knowledge of basic tactics.

2. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It had less to do with battling and more to do with castrating the planets support to the Jedi
    "I have the high ground"

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Plus, his enemies in the Clone Wars tended to be idiots relying on swarm tactics to win.

Personally, I am just happy to see a place where the jedi are liked- especially that many are proud to give kids to the jedi and feel that "being jedi is in their blood".

Sitara, Valin__Kenobi and Esg like this.
  4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    He may have sort of a death wish going on, after all the crap he just went through at the end of the Clone Wars.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm not disagreeing there. I find that "he was having a bad case of the mondays" helps with most characterization disasters. :p

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    He might really have an active death wish at that point.

Love the comic sofar, especially the beautiful art and the very diverse aliens and backgrounds.

7. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I think he just didn't care. He was going to wipe out those guys and whatever he losses he took would have been irrelevant. As for throwing the clone trooper into a rock, it was probably because the guy wanted to pursue the Jedi into the caves.

Btw what species is that Jedi? Other than a four armed Protoss :p.

Esg likes this.
  8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
  9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Did not like the comic book, too cliche with Vader. But thats just me [face_plain]

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Does nothing stay undiscovered anymore?

JoinTheSchwarz and RC-1991 like this.
  11. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    It wasn't bad at all. And yes this is still early Vader, who has to learn to think about the big picture and not just killing everyone in sight. Btw I loved the look of Major Namada, wish they'd show more women serving in the Empire (aside from her I can only recall that ISB agent from the Empire comics ... not counting Daala and Isard obviously). And yes I know the bias.

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Leonia_Tavira ;)
    We have one rather fun female Moff that sets herself up as warlord.

And of course a few other female Moffs like

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adria_Reyn

or

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crowal

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It's not about tactics or lack of such. Palpatine says it pretty clearly - Vader is still obsessed with the Jedi, and the Empire is ultimately more important.

Frankly, I'm glad we're seeing an "Empire in formation" here - most of the SW stories of the era, unfortunately, treat the Empire as the same as the start of ANH as it is on Day One.

Esg likes this.
  14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Wish they would, I have seen enough Imperial Stormtroopers wearing Clone Trooper gear to last several lifetimes. :-B

15. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I figured he was still in his I don't need your weakling tactics, I'm a freaking Dark Lord in full-body armor and I'll go wherever I please without ever needing to watch my back because I've got the DARK SIDE and did I mention full body armor-phase. It's probably similar to when you make your avatar in a shooter invulnerable using a cheat -- finally you can do all the stupid heroics you wanted without caring for strategy and tactics.
    Only it doesn't always work. Frustration ensues.

Something different: Does anybody know why Bene shouts "Chento-Hett" when slashing that speeder bike? I feel like I missed something there.

Also, that market trader (Djon) reminds me of Joruus C'baoth. Took me a while to figure that one out :oops:

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, he presumably brought the stormtroopers for a reason, though. If Vader wants to walk alone into a den of enemies, spring their trap, and kill them all himself, I'm all for that.

If he wants to lead a column of infantry into hostile territory to carry out a military mission, he probably shouldn't give orders that a cadet in his first week would know better than to give.

We've gotten plenty of "Lol Vader's just a big dumb brute who smashes things with his lightsaber" already. We don't need any more of that. Vader's a big smart brute who smashes things with his lightsaber, and a genius tactician who's already had a successful career as a frontline general, and a whole lot more.

17. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I totally agree with you OOU -- they should give us some clever badass Vader already.
    I'm also thinking how to justify this behavior IU though -- my favorite theory right now being that Vader likes to punish soldiers who he's heard bickering about his status or cyborgness or the Force behind his back, by dragging them along into situations like this where they'll see just how much better he is than them... despite his injuries.

18. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Looks like a damn Protoss with four arms.

19. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Again, I think it's more that Vader at this stage still can't get over his insane hatred of all Jedi, which is limiting his effectiveness - with Palpatine finally giving him an ultimatum, issue two may be the story of how Vader gets his act together.
    When there isn't a Jedi involved, I think Vader would be operating normally.

Esg likes this.
  20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    [​IMG]

21. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I just threw up in the back of my mouth. Again.

Ulicus , Zer0 and Zorrixor like this.
  22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Such melodrama [face_not_talking]

23. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    I like the end of that one. Despite their blah blah blah about love and having a child and whatnot, Vader brought the place down on their heads. I liked that bit.

Btw what do you guys think of Vader's behavior in Ghost Prison?

Esg likes this.
  24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Vader at his best. That includes the bit at the end.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah this second issue has pretty much proved you wrong here hombre