main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Anakin vs Clovis

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Dec 3, 2012.

?

Anakin vs Clovis

1. Anakin

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Clovis

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. None of the Above

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    No way that's what mine was in too. Otherwise we never would have to know about Clovis. Lol

Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess I never cared if he died or not. Senate Spy was kinda boring IMO and I thought Clovis was a dull character and the plot of giving Padme an old lover to form a love triangle was kinda meh. But I guess something interesting could come out of this arc. Besides Anakin kicking Clovis's ass that is.

Stupid question: I always figured the normal populous wouldn't know much about Jedi having never really seen one. Snaggletooth in "Revival" kinda proves this. But could some folks know about the whole attachment thing? It crossed my mind to wonder if there won't be some blackmail going on here. I mean if Anakin catching Clovis in Padme's apartment and kicks the tar out of him, any person with half a brain is gonna assume what is going on there. Or maybe it would just be me jumping to the conclusion we got an overprotective hubbie or boyfriend here.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin could always say that he did it because Clovis was a Separatist traitor. Besides, I think the Jedi who knew Anakin, already knew that he was attached to Padme.

I liked the beginning and the end of Senate Spy, but the ending would have been improved by a scene of the Neimoidians beating the crap out of Clovis.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well yeah, its a Separatist dude in Padme's apartment and that's enough of a reason to beat the crap out of him. But I kinda think some sort of blackmail plot would be a neat idea. Get Anakin and or Padme to do something for the Separatists against their will. Although its definitely more like Clovis is another cliche defector and he is probably just going to get babysat for the duration of the arc.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Can't wait for Anakin beating the crap out of Clovis!!

anakinfansince1983 and Seerow like this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Can't wait for Clovis to press charges.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That'd be awkward...

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Seems like Anakin physically assaulting, and threatening an unarmed man over having a past relationship with Padme would get Anakin a one-way ticket out of the Jedi Order. But of course going to the authorities over a Jedi, and war hero, threatening you - which should be a pretty big deal - just makes too much sense.

9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd be surprised if Anakin lets Clovis live. Then again, this is TCW...

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Ah, Senator Clovis. Yes. The man who deceived the Senate and the Jedi by helping the Separatists plan Dooku's largest droid foundry to date?

And we're supposed to trust you to be honest with us about...what exactly?"

11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Depends on what kind of situation Clovis is in following Senate Spy. Is he still a Republic Senator or has he been labeled a traitor? There are neutrality loopholes and all that jazz. He didn't do anything illegal, if the same laws that Lott Dod alludes to also apply to the Banking Clan. Lott Dod seemed to hold onto his seat just fine.

If Clovis is protected by neutrality laws, then he is free to give loans to the CIS. And in doing so, I'm sure his dealings with the CIS are none of the Republic's business, if the banks are a neutral party and protect the confidentiality of their dealings with states outside of the Republic. The Jedi get nosy and send Padme to be a spy. One of the CIS members poison Padme and Clovis does what he can to save her, only to be left for dead by Anakin. It's possible that Clovis didn't actually do anything illegal. While Padme was poisoned, Clovis was not responsible.

On another note, this might be an instance in which he turns to Padme out of desperation if both the Republic and CIS want him dead, rather than him seeking her out to try his chances again. While these episodes can - and will - explore Anakin's jealousy issues. I hope that Clovis' role is more political this time around and less involved in a love triangle (or preferably not at all).

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's why I bought up the crazy idea maybe Clovis is gonna try to blackmail Padme.

13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    From the Prelude to Landing At Point Rain Fan Days Script:

ANAKIN

Go ahead, laugh it up, but in the end the risks BOTH of us took paid off. Lott Dod, is a traitor; everything the Jedi have been reporting about the Trade Federation and the Banking Clan is true.

OBI-WAN
    And I'm certain that you never let your emotional involvement get the better of you and you brought back proof of these claims?

ANAKIN
    Proof?!! Padmé was poisoned what further proof do we need!

OBI-WAN
    Anakin, if the Senate or the Chancellor were willing to act based solely on the word of the Jedi, then the corporations would have been put to trial years ago.

PADMÉ
    He's right, Anakin. I've seen the accusations against the Trade Federation come up in the Senate and they always fall on deaf ears. We couldn't even convict Gunray after he invaded Naboo.

ANAKIN
    But Clovis admitted everything!

OBI-WAN
    So naturally you took him into custody? But, no wait, you did the exact opposite of that. You left him on Cato Neimoidia!

ANAKIN
    I had no choice.​

It makes me think it plausible, if not likely that Clovis could still be a senator, and if he isn't (is Nix Card meant to be his replacement?), it might be due to him having gone AWOL after Senate Spy, had the CIS taken him into custody and the Banking Clan covered it up. Not because the Republic deemed him a traitor. I'm guessing they'll establish that he hadn't been seen since Senate Spy, since otherwise it would have been awkward for Clovis to show up in the senate the next day and for Padme and Clovis to not have spoken to each other about Padme getting poisoned or Anakin leaving Clovis for dead.

14. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope Clovis dies a slow and brutal death.

15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    God. I buy one issue of the New 52 Aquaman yesterday online, and BAM! now I see advertisements for "The Trench" everywhere in Amazon banners, and now your avatar. I feel like I'm on crazy pills. Or Big Brother works at DC.

LordMortis315 likes this.
  16. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Adblock man...

Clovis block...

18. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    ...I hope I don't hear the words "stop Clovis blocking" come out of Clovis' mouth to Anakin...

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully its a cover of Rain Dance Maggie. -imagines Clovis covering RHCP- Then Anakin beats his ass.

20. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Eh, speaking of poor writing ..

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  21. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Well, it seems that the Senator is trying to C-block Anakin...

Seerow likes this.
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That will prove entertaining since Anakin loses his **** for the littlest things.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    But Anakin can't do anything about it without exposing a scandal [face_devil]. Unless he kills Clovis. Which I'd actually be surprised if they went that far in TCW of jealous boyfriend turning into murderer.

Somehow I'm banking on Clovis coming to the realization (if he doesn't already) that Anakin and Padme have mutual feelings. Then he'll have the corny conversation with Anakin in which they work out their differences by Clovis asking why Anakin is jealous of him and Clovis explaining that he can see it in Padme's eyes that she wants Anakin and that Clovis is the one that is jealous of Anakin because he "won." Then Anakin is going to let go of his jealousy and everything's going to be rainbows and teddy bears. ...Boring rainbows and teddy bears. [face_tired]

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin can not be quiet about stuff. If something goes down, the people will find out.

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    QFT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.