main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Should the sith be featured or not featured? If so why or why not? I lke the sith characters, but id like to see more atention on Bounty Hunters & Smuggler type characters.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The Sith are central to the light side / dark side story that Lucas embodied in the story. Without them, the nature of the ST would change drastically. That said, the more Boba Fett / Han Solo type characters we have, the better.

3. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Were they not defeated?

Marc McAllister likes this.
  4. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    The Sith were defeated, but the dark side still exists. A force sensitive person can turn to the dark side without being a true Sith.

5. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Oh, for the Force's sake! Look, guys...just because Anikin and Palpatine died, doesn't mean the Sith suddenly stopped existing! New Sith can be created, other Sith can be in hiding, etc. I know that some of us like to ignore the EU, but come on! Really? Where do you suppose Plageous and Sideous came from? The Sith homeworld? Obviously not...! Bad force-sensetive people discover Sith holocrons, get contacted by evil Sith spirits, etc. Who's to say this can't happen again? And again...and again...

In FotJ we have the Lost Tribe...an entire fraggin' planet of Sith. In Legacy we have Darth Krayt, Maladi, Nihl, Talon, and Wyyrlock...Krayt threw the Rule of Two down an elevator shaft. Nihl and Talon make Maul look like a ***** in comparison.

There will always be Sith to be the Jedi's foil. For good to be cool and have a worthy adversary, there must be an opposing evil. As for the Sith appearing in the ST, who's to say? As of right now, we have no idea. But without a Sith threat, the Jedi in the ST will steamroll any "other" threat, unless it's more powerful than the Sith. Like the Vong, or Aboleth, or something. But no, I'd much rather see the Sith in the ST, rather than the Vong.

6. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
  7. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Yes, it does. Palpatine and Vader were the last remaining Sith of the Bane heritage, and now they're dead. That was the whole point of the Chosen One prophecy, the destruction of the Sith.

Sure, there can be Dark Jedi, but not Sith. They're finished.

The ST will not follow the route of FOTJ or Legacy, so no need to worry about these new 'Sith'.

8. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    Oh, yes master. They were the last of the Bane heritage. You're right about that, of course. :)

I didn't mean that the EU Sith should be used in the ST, it was just an example to show that new Sith can arise.

I thought it was about "bringing balance back to the Force", not neccessarily the destruction of the Sith. I mean, the prophecy doesn't even mention Sith, specifically, just "balance".

Julius Vernon likes this.
  9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I have always interpreted to "bringing balance back to the Force" as a temporary thing. Balance is never permanent.

10. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I would like the Sith to appear in the ST, and for the variant that does appear to be the RoT Sith (which as we know is more of a guideline than an actual rule.)

It is also possible that the ST will take place centuries beyond RotJ, in which case it is more likely that some Sith Lord (or Lords) unrelated to the Bane line will have popped up in whatever time the ST takes place. Until recently, that the ST might take place a century or more after RotJ wasn't a possibility I had considered, now that I have, it makes sense in some ways. There is this battle between the EU enthusiasts and the detractors about what we all want the ST to be, if the ST takes place in a distant time, then this battle becomes moot and both sides win.

11. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Many say that the sith should not be in The Disney Trilogy, but I think it could work. Instead of the rule of 2 code they could have more than 2 sith lords. Those characters always seem more fun than the basicness of the Jedi.

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    'Disney Trilogy'.. you mean the 'Sequel' Trilogy, :)

And I'm 99% sure we have a threat for this.

Bazinga'd and TreborSabreon like this.
  13. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Jedi fighting bounty hunters is not gonna cut it for 4 billion... Sith will return.... These movies will be made to appeal to the masses, not the die hards on this board... I don't forsee a Phantom Menace again, but I'm thinking the ST will resemble a hybrid of Episode 3 and Episode 6....

14. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    What characters like Jango. Lando, Dexter, Chewy & Watto?? Id like to see more characters with personality than just the same blade jedi that all act alike.

15. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    can lie lol ha ha ha this was an interesting post lol. I like it
    C

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Why do fans not want to see the Sith ever agin in the disney triloy? I'm trying to figure why those are against it.

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Chewy is a mandatory, so long as Chewy does not receive his EU fate.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I said this in another thread and I'll repeat it here: Palpatine is dead. Vader is dead. The Sith are gone. They should NOT come back.

Serious, you can tell me all you want about how Yoda's line in ROTS puts doubt on the validity of the prophecy but ROTJ clearly shows that it was true and the Sith are vanquished. Having some new Sith Lord appear out of nowhere completely devalues Anakin's role in the saga. This doesn't mean that there won't be powerful villains in the ST because clearly there has to be. It doesn't mean there won't be lightsaber battles just that the writers will have to be creative about it. That's a good thing!

19. Moog

Moog Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    The point of ROTJ is that Palpatine is the last of the Sith, Luke is the last of the Jedi, and Vader swings both ways (but is destined to die). If Vader had chosen to let Palpatine kill Luke then the Jedi would have been wiped out completely, but as it played out it was the Sith who were wiped out. If you water that down by having other Jedi or Sith alive somewhere then you water down the entire story.

I'm not opposed to the idea of some character 'reforming' the Sith, but the nature of their order means that their secrets died with Palpatine and Vader. Again, if you mess with that then you're messing with the essence of the Jedi vs Sith story.

20. Darth Ox

Darth Ox Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012

21. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Nobody ever really clarified what balance meant. It's open to all kinds of interpretation.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Because the Sith are EXTINCT. Sidious and Vader were the last Sith, now they're dead.

Legacy is a comic book series set 137-138 years after ANH in which A'Sharad Hett/Darth Krayt (a Jedi from the Clone Wars) takes over the Galaxy as the leader of a new Sith Order/Empire.

Fate of the Jedi is a nine-book novel series set around 44 years after ANH which shows the beginning of Krayt's new Order beginning to rise. It deals with the aftermath of Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus' (the son of the Han and Leia) death.

23. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    Darth Ox, FotJ stands for "Fate of the Jedi", the latest (and greatest, IMO) series of SW novels. Legacy is a series of comics and/or books that take place 100 years after RotJ, which follows Cade Skywalker, Luke's great-grandson. If the movies alone aren't enough SW for you, then go ahead and check out the EU material. A lot of people don't like it, however, so it's up to you. All the EU material is also covered in the "wookieepedia" site, as well.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    In ROTS Obi-Wan clearly states that the prophecy meant Anakin would destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force. Lucas has explained that the Force in its natural state is the light side and that the dark side acts like a cancer. I think that without the Sith there is no one to draw on the dark side and its influence over the natural Force is ended thus bringing balance to it.

K'Kruhk likes this.
  25. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am betting the sith or some other type of Dark jedi will be in the sequel trilogy!!!!!!