main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Ewoks86, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Ewoks86

Ewoks86 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm a newbie here. My husband convinced me to join, and I got bored so did just that :) I'm not a super SW fan, but I do enjoy it and am open to new ideas. I also love playing devil's advocate when it comes to just about anything!

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the boards, Ewoks86! :) Glad to have you here!

Do you have a favourite when it comes to Star Wars? Books, TV or the films?

3. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    My favorite movie is ROTS. I have yet to read a book; which greatly disappoints the hubby, I just told him that if he picks a book, that I would give it a try. He has also gotten me into the Clone Wars TV show, but he is not aware that I enjoy watching it. Don't want him to think I enjoy the SW world too much, because then our lives would begin to revolve around it ;)

4. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome! ROTS is my favourite as well, tied with ESB. The Clone Wars I myself haven't seen, but it's great you enjoy it! I've heard great things about it. How far have you gotten?

The expanded universe is pretty great, so I recommend you check out the Expanded Universe (EU) / Literature forum then, to see if you might be able to choose a starting place in the EU.
    We have a Films forum, and the Clone Wars/TV forum as well. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Skiara likes this.
  5. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    We're just about finished with the fourth season. I didn't start watching it until the third though, and even then it was randomly.

I've been posting on the EUC already, for a few days now. We will see how long I last here though!

6. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    That's a pretty big chunk, you're almost caught up. :)
    Great to see that you already have been posting! I'm sure they're glad to have you over there.

Hopefully you'll last a long time. We need more posters who are kind and willing to deepen arguments, like you said you often do. :)

7. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    Yea, it's been fun so far. It definitely gives me something to do when work is slow, which is more often than not!

I'm sure that I will stick around for at least a while. Everyone here seems so nice!

8. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I was kinda "ify" about the TCW to start out with. On the 4th season now and am really impressed with the writing. The maturity of the plots has advanced nicely.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Failte Nua Duine! welcome a-bored. Count me as another ROTS vote. If neither of you mind my asking, who is your husband on here? Just curious.

10. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    Chewbacca89

11. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    One newcomer to another, welcome.

12. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    The same to you

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! I definitely second Volshe's recommendation for forums (and start reading the EU books with Tim Zahn's trilogy :p ).

If you're looking for fans in your area, check out your local Fan Force. If there isn't one near you already, your local regional support moderator can give you tips o how to start one, if that interests you.

Skiara and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey!! I know you!!! ;) Welcome!

15. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    And I know you ;)

16. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012