main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Rookies trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Dec 6, 2012.

?

Out of the three, which is your favorite?

1. Clone Cadets

10.0%
  2. Rookies

50.0%
  3. ARC Troopers

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Cause for me Clone Cadets was so amazing in terms of exploring Clones that I to this day love the episode. The interaction between each clone or clone with other character like Shaak Ti or Bric was engaging. Much more so than Umbara.

And it was another episode that falls in the category I love "Episodes with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka or Rex". It is Genius.

Rookies is classic.

ARC troopers is also very great. The return to Kamino and the battle that happens are amazing.

Darth Vader likes this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The series in general really needs help with music, though I love the theme they used for Ventress' underwater vessel.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Rookies for me...

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    “Clone Cadets” (S301)
    “Supply Lines” (S303)
    “Ambush” (S101)
    “Rising Malevolence” (S102)
    “Shadow of Malevolence” (S103)
    “Destroy Malevolence” (S104)
    “Rookies” (S105) Ventress is in this episode, but I don't exactly remember where she is. Is she stationed on Kamino, waiting for Grievous and the fleet?
    “Downfall of a Droid” (S106)
    “Duel of the Droids” (S107)
    “Bombad Jedi” (S108)
    “Cloak of Darkness” (S109) Ventress appears. Does this mean, after the failure in Rookies, the Seps put the Kamino-invasion on the back burner?
    [an undetermined amount of time passes by]
    "ARC Troopers" (S302) Ventress is back on Kamino. For being such a secure planet, its pretty easy to come and go undetected.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess the Separatists went back to the drawing board after the Rishi Moon base thing. Maybe they just gave it some time for the Republic to let their gaurd down again. The Base was technically destoryed. Not sure how long it would take to rebuild or if the Republic even did that. I assume there was a pretty good space of time between "Rookies" and "ARC Troopers" during which Echo and Fives gained experience.

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm assuming you meant without? ;) :p

7. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Yeah, I guess they (the Seps) waited for a different opportunity. What confused me was the Ventress thing. I assumed Rooks and ARCs were closer in time, so that Ventress never left Kamino. Ah, well, its not the first time TCW-logic has confused me. And yes, Echo and Fives needed more experience before their promotions.

I decided to watch C&M, Hidden Enemy, and The New Padawan (from TCW 2008). I had an idea today: what if Christophsis and Domino Squad were interlinked. Imagine if Ventress left in the Trident so she could infiltrate Kamino, not kidnap Jabba's son. And the message that Yoda needed to deliver to Anakin and Obi-Wan was not "Go save Rotta," but "Go to Kamino and defend the clone facility." Then I realized, it wouldn't work: Rex can't be in two places (Christophsis and the Rishi Moon) at the same time.

Seerow Was Cody on Christophsis, too? Or just Rex?

8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't think you could watch that one individually. Is it available on its own or do you just stop the movie after that episode finishes?

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    He just admitted that he loves episode with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and Rex ;)

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Sometimes I turn it off after Christophsis, or just watch everything else. I don't like how The New Padawan was shoehorned into another arc. I think Filoni should cut the movie into TV-ready eps. It would add 4 eps to the series, not to mention Ahsoka's introduction was in the movie and not the show.

Sorry for the tangent! Back to Domino Squad! :cool:

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Both were on Christophsis. Hidden Enemies is a Rex and Cody classic. Well, Rex could be in two places if someone looked exactly like him. =b

Cody was in the movie as well. The movie however can be considered part of the clone arc overall since it provided the first bit of development for Rex. It does set up his independent streak and hint at how intelligent he is. Rex was able to resist a mind trick from Ventress and then lead a handful of clones to successfully hold off enemy forces. He was epic right from the start. I probably would of liked Rex from the start if I had watched the movie first.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I did. It was late and I was tired and made a typo...

Vader, Vader, Vader..... seeing that we have argued like a million times, you would figure that is a typo. LOL

I love "Episodes WITHOUT Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka or Rex". It is Genius.

It is The Hidden Enemy - singular. The Cody/Rex team up was amazing in that episode. I would love to see more of that and have a Cody/Rex contrast made...

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I am sure I made you laugh.... ;)

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    lol, yea, i took advantage of that typo ;)

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And what could be more funny than correcting Seerow, huh?

17. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I could have fun doing that.

18. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Rookies. Good mix of humour and action.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It happens to all of us as clear from above.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.