main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Argh! No.

Can someone please make this "force ghost" business stop? I really, really don't want this. If I see any force ghosts in the ST, I will not be able to stop myself from throwing popcorn at the screen. I might be able to deal with a yoda force ghost cameo, but not anyone else...Anikin Skywalker, in particular, would really just anger me.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The only time I want to see Obi Wan & Anakin as they looked in the PT is if they are in old holograms from that time.

Otherwise, no

3. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    *sigh*

Why? Obi-Wan is dead.

Please, masters, make the force ghosts go away...or do I have to start abusing death sticks, again?

That said, I think that Ewan as Obi-Wan was the best casting choice they made in the PTs.

"Not to worry, we're still flying half a ship," OMG! I still chuckle every single time I watch that scene.

4. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    What more can I say...... Hurray! [face_party]

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I was being facetious.

6. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Thankfully as the OT has already been badly vandalised. I hope that Disney restore Han shooting first at least!

7. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Christ, the way they digitally moved Harrison Ford in the frame for that scene as well as the Jabba one are two of the worst uses of CGI I've ever seen. I mean, they are so bad they look like they could've been done by a fan and posted on youtube.

Plus, they messed with Han's characterization. He was a bad-ass morally grey character in ANH and he didn't take ****. Having him shoot Geedo in defense softens his character, and well, I don't like that one bit, sirs.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

jedimikey and PiettsHat like this.
  9. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    That Jabba the Hutt scene was terrible and if Han Solo was in the habit of letting others shoot first he would not have lasted 5 minutes hanging in the underworld. If Disney were to fix that, ditch the terrible Jabba scene from ANH and re-insert "Bring My Shuttle" in ESB it would be a PR master stroke! Incidently, never in a million years would Ewan McGregor participate in disrespecting Alec Guinness in such a way!

FinleySlade and gregvader123 like this.
  10. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I would like to see him and Ewan reprise their roles, in Hayden's case they could finally explain to people that the reason they've changed the ghost in the end of episode 6 is because the force didn't want Anakin to look like Darth Vader did. As for Ewan but makeup on him and he could pull it of.

Or at least have them do voice or holograms, I want them back! :)

11. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Did he not get redemption by rejecting Palpatine and saving Luke anyway?

12. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    Lol! That's funny!

Not hate, really. More like annoyance. I don't even mind seeing the younger, Hayden version in RotJ. It's just that it was never explained how, or where, Anikin got that knowledge. I mean, Obi-Wan had to be taught how to do it..."during your exile on Tatooine, training I have for you...how to commune with him, I will teach you,"

So, who taught Anikin how to become one with the force and show himself as a force ghost? It doesn't make sense. However, there's a lot of unexplained stuff in SW that doesn't make sense. ;)

13. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I would prefer Hayden be nowhere near the ST, the dude was a hell of a casting mistake, best not to drag that mistake out any further.

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He's immortal. You're stuck with him for eternity.

15. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I do not want to see him back. His time is done with the Star Wars mythology. He would serve no purpose and he is not that good of an actor. He did the job but it was passable at best. He always appeared to be a whinny little brat who would become pissed if he did not get his way. ok this was the story but Hayden did not carry it well. His performance was empty most of the time. He was either happy or sad and did not show any emotion range in between. And it felt fake.

so no....a big no....

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  16. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes, yes, YES!!! Thank GOD I'm not the only one who much, much, MUCH prefers the pissed-off "Bring My Shuttle" to the casually instructional "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival. Oh, and remind me to pick up my meds tonight..."

VMeran likes this.
  17. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Now Samuel l jackson......before another thread pops up

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Remember guys, this is "insert actors name here who wants to be in Episode VII" thread, ie people who have come out and announced their interest in the films, not the "who I want to be in Episode VII thread" ;)

19. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
  20. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Ridiculous.

fishtailsam likes this.
  21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, for all the bitching that some of the actors have done about SW its funny how many are willing to jump at the chance to be part of them again. LOL

I'm not saying Samuel was one of them btw. In fact he's one of the few that have always been very supportive and excited. Don't think ther'll be a need for a one-handed Mace Windu however, unless this is a Fugitive reboot.

22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    [face_laugh] That image is hillarious! But yeah. ANY actor in their right mind would jump at the chance to be in it. Hey, it's Star Wars! Of course he wants to come back. More action figures, more checks, and more Mace Windu purple lightsabers.

23. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    There is 2 ways they could do it, force ghost, or age him like crazy and bring him back with a robotic arm.
    Was he hiding Yoda style and using the force to mask his presence from EVERYBODY?
    When the Emperor is dead he comes out of hibernation so to speak.

I am ok with either one.

They could make movies about just Mace down the line

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  24. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Hayden isn't doing much these days, getting him back for like three scenes will be easy, I say yes.
    In fact one nice tie in to ROTJ would for all three to appear once to Luke, then after that only Anakin.
    And Leia never got to speak to her father on positive terms, that is one scene worth putting in.
    It's a conversation that would give Leia closure, and show she is developing Jedi-like abilities but slowly.

25. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    It'd be especially odd since the events of the OT happened while he was on the sideline. But if anyone could survive it, it'd be Mace. Even if he just appears as a voice or something, it'd be nice to see some kind of reference to his existance, even if he isn't alive in any way (which at this point, he isn't).