main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Anakin vs Clovis

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Dec 3, 2012.

?

Anakin vs Clovis

1. Anakin

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Clovis

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. None of the Above

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Again and again, this series has "gone there" (wherever that may be) when I was convinced they never would.

Seerow likes this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I mean in the sense that it feels inappropriate for Anakin's character at this time. When he finally joins the Sith, then he goes insane and is willing to kill and betray at the drop of a hat and convinces himself it's all for Padme. But at this time he's just a jealous boyfriend, and Clovis - while being a creep - hasn't done anything to warrant a murderous response from Anakin. After what happened in Senate Spy I can see Anakin roughing Clovis up if he's bold enough to show his face again in Padme's life - and just by the trailer we do see him get beat up - but we also see Anakin protecting him from bounty hunters and the three of them getting apparently getting pulled into an adventure together for whatever reason. I don't think at the end of it that Anakin's going to kill Clovis strictly out of jealousy. Only if Clovis betrays the two of them to the Separatists or something like that.

If Anakin can cut Clovis down strictly out of hate like that and still walk away from it and return to being the hero that he is in the beginning of ROTS, it just severely undermines the threat of the dark side IMO.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  3. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I know a village full of sand people who would disagree...

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I seem to have forgotten the time that Anakin killed a village of Sand People over jealousy.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I also forgot when "killing those who slowly tortured your mother to death, on a planet with no justice system" became the same as "killing at the drop of a hat."

Apples and oranges.

I don't think Anakin will kill Clovis. If anything, Padme will intervene to stop Anakin's choke and will be successful doing so, providing a contrast to both his refusal to listen to her on Mustafar and Tarkin's differing manner of getting Vader to drop a choke. I don't see Padme using the same tone as "Vader! Release him."

6. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    He did it because somebody hurt someone he loved. Because he's needy and possessive, and can't stand the thought of losing those he cares about. That makes him very, very angry.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I really don't want to delve further into yet another Anakin vs. Tusken Raider discussion which has happened about 1877652905 times on these boards with little consensus among the disputing posters.

I'm just going to reiterate that Anakin finding Clovis in Padme's apartment--from the trailer, only standing in her living room, not doing anything--is very, very different from finding his mother tied to a rack and beaten to death. I'm not expecting Anakin to actually kill Clovis.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    We do see Anakin choking Clovis in the trailer

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    We saw Anakin choking Poggle the Lesser in Brain Invaders.

We saw Vader choking the Imperial officer in ANH.

Neither of them died.

Your point?

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Very good point. Choking Clovis does not mean Clovis would die cause of Anakin.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What about when he ignited his lightsaber? :p

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I doubt he would kill Clovis in front of Padme cause that would be a total deal breaker in terms of their love.
    If Clovis gets stabbed in front of Padme, Anakin should kiss his dreams of Padme dying goodbye. LOL

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree. I'm willing to bet good money that the scene plays out with Anakin losing his **** and Padme stopping him before he can do any real damage.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Padme would just forgive him like always :p

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, maybe Anakin's love for Padme will stop him this time from doing a monstrous deed. After all, in ROTS she loves him more than ever so I doubt he has done something horrible in front of her.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Quite true

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Or it'll put another rift in their marriage they gotta work out. Sounds pretty lame, I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.