main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit References in EU lit to future plotlines that never developed

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Brenapp, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Out of curiosity, have there ever been any SW novels or comic books that included hints regarding stories which, at the time, were in the planning stages, but ultimately failed to materialize?

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Zahn, Vision of the Future... the Unknown Regions terror setup

3. Brenapp

Nov 26, 2012
    Wasn't that tied into the Yuuzhan Vong?

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Luke and Mara's children, plural in Mara's VotF vision.
    The Insiders from Rebel Dream/Rebel Stand
    What ever happened to Balancesheet?

5. Brenapp

Nov 26, 2012
    What exactly does Zahn say about this?

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Sort off, though you still have to wonder what put that huge dent in the fortress world as the Vong would not have been around yet and Vagaari lack the means. Though of course there could be all kinds of other fun races out there.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I still want Zahn to pen a novel set during the Vong War that deals with all the hidden Felclones who had been planted everywhere.

It'd make for a great Outer Rim resistance movement that happened off screen, sort of like an Imperial version of the alliance set up in the Invasion comics.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The Outbound Flight datapad setup from Tatooine Ghost never really went anywhere.

9. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I'm afraid Crucible might be the one work filled with the most ideas in the planning stages that don't go anywhere.

10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    -) Anakin Solo was supposed to do great things and become the new head of the Jedi Order.
    Unfortunately, he was killed.

-) Grand Admiral Grand after he defected to the New Republic.

-) Dark Empire: What happened to Okko, the leader of the Ysanna?
    I thought Veitch said once he wanted to develop the stories of characters such as Nist and Leth more.

-) Legacy: the Imperial Mission, Astraal Vao and Moff Rus?

-) The story of Nas Ghent

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    -) Crimson Empire: Kanos fighting Luke Skywalker!

12. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    The New Rebellion ends with Leia murdering a dude and hints that it's setting up a storyline where she goes dark, but no one ever followed up on that.

The Sith tassels and the apparition of evil Jacen in Betrayal.

Vongerella.

The carbonite Sith army in Forces of Corruption.

All of The Unifying Force.

Star by Star made a big deal of Tsavong Lah hooking up with his secretary, but it was never mentioned again. Maybe his bastard child will show up for revenge in Sword of the Jedi.

Zeta1127, RC-1991 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    The Sith tassels will eventually be revealed to have been woven out of a sub-species of ysalamari that dampen rational thinking instead of Force use.

14. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    "My name is Inigo Lah. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

15. Brenapp

Nov 26, 2012
    I would like to have seen that.

16. Howard the Duck

Howard the Duck Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2012
    I was just thinking about this. I recall reading an EU book that features the young Solo kids going into a hidden secret underground ancient alien lair on Corellia and discovering that the solar system was actually artificially created by this mysterious ancient race using some sort of planet-moving propulsion system. I don't recall that every being mentioned again in the EU in any time period, even though it would seem to be a pretty big deal! The more I think about it, the more I realize just how much the EU stories have been retconned over the years (by films or by newer books), which will make the inevitable Episode VII universe reset easier to accept.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It gets brought up again in Fate of the Jedi. After Centerpoint's destruction in Legacy of the Force, it turns out that it was part of something trapping Abeloth.

18. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Oh Centerpoint and the artificial origin of the Corell star system gets mentioned in a lot of places, the Aliens who build it are the one that show up in the Mortis story in TCW and one of their slave species are the Rataka which would enslave Coruscant and other worlds and eventually be overthrown by those and enable them to steal the tech that would give rise to the Republic.

Two things that always kind of annoyed me getting dropped are the Mayor of Sernpidal and Boba Fett willingly fighting for the Vong.

19. Howard the Duck

Howard the Duck Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2012
    Wow, I'm surprised, especially that the connection with the Clone Wars era was made so recently. I'm guessing this master alien race preceding the Rakata, and who built the Mortis pyramid, are the same ones that built the pyramids in Dawn of the Jedi?

Gotta catch up on Wookiepedia

20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    From the look of it, yes. :)

21. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    How about - the ultimate fate of every major NPC from Star Wars Galaxies: like this guy or that Jedi.

There's also Maris Brood dropping off the face of the galaxy, and more generally, the dire need for The Force Unleashed III to actually, you know, happen (it probably won't be good, but, seriously, the current situation is pretty ridiculous).

22. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    As previously mentioned, Anakin Solo was supposed to be Luke's protege, and Tahiri would be his right hand. I don't think the Queen Allana plot will pan out, the 10 Jedi sent Mortis will be forgotten too. Sith Tassels... I can understand...

23. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, Centerpoint shows up in the New Jedi Order and a few others since. The Celestials (a.k.a. Architects, a.k.a. Centerpoint aliens, etc.) were devised to explain a bunch of preexisting unexplained mysteries of the ancient galaxy. There was no Clone Wars connection since Mortis didn't exist before last year and AFAIK the link is only via retcon, rather than intentional, since I doubt Lucas is aware of the EU backstory.

24. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Thinking about this, didn't Planet of Twilight also have Leia see herself going dark in a Force Vision?

25. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Almost every Jedi has one of those paranoid visions at some point. Seems to come with the job. :p