main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Tales of the Jedi continuity

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Nov 17, 2012.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Is this true?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    As mentioned earlier, they wouldn't overwrite the original sources due to their nature as adaptations (and the need to abridge content sometimes). However, any original content should be canon (such as the Luke/Kam meeting in the DE2 audio drama).

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Is it possible that Naga Sadow was confused with his mentor Simus over the years?

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Who said "He is ready, Nadd" and what is his relation to Nadd?

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Personnaly, I think TOTJ fits in rather well with the rest of the EU.
    I loved reading TOTJ. Exar Kun was portraited as true Sith Lord. He probably was as powerful as Palpatine.

I don't really see the problem involving Marka Ragnos. The guy was just a minor character. Didn't Ragnos defeat Simus in duel or am I mistaken?
    Oh, poor Simus...

When the creators of TOR revealed a Sith Emperor would be ruling the Sith Empire, I always thought the Emperor would be a character that already existed in the EU. I started thinking and came up with a couple of ideas. One of them involved Lude Kressh surviving the space battle above Korriban and escaping into the Unknown Regions.

Later on, it was revealed Vitiate was the name of the new Emperor. A pity...

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Still, the NARRATION STATES that the guy who appointed Kun was the reigning Dark Lord during the genocide against the Sith. Is the comic itself an unreliable legend?

7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I really don't think TOTJ is unreliable.
    Marka Ragnos was indeed the one who appointed Kun. Ragnos died shortly before the beginning of the Great Hyperspace War.

Let's put some things straight...
    Sadow defeated Kressh and fled to Yavin.
    After Sadow fled to Yavin, Vitiate became the new Dark Lord.
    Shar Dakhan remained at Korriban and was defeated by the Republic.
    Later on, Nadd fell to the Dark Side. He travelled to Yavin and learned the dark ways under Sadow. Afterwards Nadd killed his master and became the ruler of Onderon.

8. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Question: Could Exar Kun taking Ulic Qel-Droma as his apprentice be viewed as one of the earliest instances of what would eventually become the Rule of Two?

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Sidious might suggest that in Wrath of Darth Maul.

10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Probably...

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    IMO, the guy who appointed Kun and Ulic should be Shar Dakhan based on what I've read. Also, we know that the powers some of the characters have are just legend.

12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I would not dare say the guy who appointed Kun was Shar Dakhan.
    The Sith spirits who appointed Kun and Ulic were just a bunch of old, dead Sith Lords. Apart from Ragnos, we don't know who they really are.
    I don't think the authors would want us to know. They're just minor characters.

13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    By the way, the Essential Guide to Warfare states Shar Dakhan was the one who led the the attack on Coruscant! A nice touch, isn't it?

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It sure is.

General Immodet likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    One other possibility: at some point during the genocide against the Sith, Ragnos's spirit took over as the reigning Dark Lord and made the amulets.

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    That would make him the most powerful Sith Lord ever seen!

Well, Ragnos did come back multiple times as a Sith ghost.
    He appeared as vision to Darth Plagueis and later on (during the rise of the New Republic) he had his own Sith Cult.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I think KJA was quite the Ragnos fan.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    We need a Tales of the Jedi era novel.

19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Yes, indeed!
    Normally there was going to be a Sunrider novel, but it was cancelled. A pity...

Once I wrote a story involving the end of the Sith War. I never let anyone read it because it wasn't finished.
    It involved the Sith Academy on Korriban after the fall of Exar Kun's Empire.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If the cancellation was because of legal issues, they should write a TOTJ-era novel without Sunrider.

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, he's explicitly identified in the text as the then-current Dark Lord of the Sith, who reigns in the midst of the Jedi genocide of his people (which follows the Great Hyperspace War). The chronology does not match up.

Though an easy fix is that he took over some poor human sap via the power of his Scepter and took the mantle of Dark Lord for himself again. :p

And it''s nowhere near as bad as the aforementioned Naga Sadow stuff, which is... crazy different to what actually went down. A rogue Sith magician (who looks entirely human) rebelling against the Dark Jedi overlords... and then GAotS is like, "No, actually, Sadow was one of the purest of the Dark Jedi overlords! Oh, and he doesn't look entirely human, either!" 8-}

Man, TotJ is crazy.

I like it.

Though, really, I chalk all the discrepancies up to Tionne getting muddled when she's recounting the stories.

Zorrixor and darklordoftech like this.
  22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Or some worshipper of his allowed himself/herself to be possessed. The Naga stuff I gather is Vodo being wrong.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    What's the difference? :p

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Between?

25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That is so obviously simple that I'm amazed I've never seen it suggested before.

(I mean, sure, I've frequently seen people suggest he was resurrected or whatever, but I've never seen someone literally link it to a Tavion-style possession. I approve of this idea.)
    With TOR, I'd actually kinda like that to be made canon again with Sadow using an earlier Eison Gynt to try and get revenge on Vitiate -- thus Vitiate's later desire to hunt his ghost down, and the basis of the incorrect TOTJ story.