main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Star Wars Celebration Europe 2... I am prepared! He can't hide behind that Pith forever!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Oops, forgot to add a non-serious smiley. Now it looked like I was all grumpy pants. [face_blush]

Oh yeah, yay Legacy [face_whistling]

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    What, that thing? $5.99 at TJ Maxx.

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I really, really, really want to see what exactly the Galactic Federation Triumvirate is and how it governs the galaxy. In many ways, the post-WAR galaxy is the biggest question left by the miniseries. Do the Galactic Alliance Remnant, Jedi Order, and Fel Empire form some new unified republic? Or is it more like the Yalta Conference, with each side essentially carving up their various spheres of influence. How do the Chiss, Hapans, and other minor galactic powers fit into this? And, as we have seen over the course of 25 millenia, who gets Coruscant? It may seem trivial to some, but whoever controls Coruscant is ultimately percieved as the main galactic power. Stazi would undoubtedly push for antebellum borders crica 127 ABY. Would Marasiah agree? How does her view of the Fel Empire differ from that of her fathers? And what about the Jedi?

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about the Solo heir and seeing tons of new locales and storylines in the new Legacy. HOWEVER, I think the overall political story that WAR left us with would be a nice backdrop and a avenue to bring into the new series main & supporting characters from the old series.

Thoughts?

--Adm. Nick

Foltliss and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    This is going to be nice. Large potential to backfire since everyone wants something else.
    Nick wants mon cals, fleets and politics
    I want tech advancement and moving away from practicly everything from the movies
    Everyone else wants the Hat. Oh yeah. Is K'Kruhk necessary or just the hat?

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

You mean who controls Nal Hutta is perceived as the main galactic power. :p You really think anyone would have taken the Vong serious until they had conquered both Nal Hutta and Republic Center?

Would be nice to see, or at least have it explained in the background. Though somehow I think they actually are more likely to have gotten themselves into a full Cold War and maybe have Coruscant as joined occupation zone

The Hutts show enough good will by letting their beloved little brother species bask in Hutt glory since more than 25000 years.
    Custom build hover podium? Plus the Senate is likely to have looked different in those days.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    As John & Jan proved, a single series can cover multiple different story arcs and make a very large segment of fandom happy. I am sure that the new series and the new creative team will do just as good in this regard. :)

--Adm. Nick

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Sure, so long as you are part of the Galactic Alliance, you can live anywhere in the Core you want. :p

--Adm. Nick

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    well u have more faith then i do

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Suppose in all likelihood, if I had to make a choice, I would.

Don't get too excited now.

RC-1991 and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  12. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    If this is a sequel, then we must consider all the forces :

- Galactic Alliance Remnant
    - Fel Empire
    - Jedi Order
    - One Sith (Nihl and Havok and most of the Sith)
    - Darth Maladi and Darth Talon in solo
    - Hapes
    - Chiss
    - Hutt
    - Mandalorians

With a big interrogation about Saarai : aligned with Nihl or beginning her own dominion?

I really want a new configuration of the galaxy, filled with many dominions, and I especially want to see new forces as we only see the same configuration era after era : Republic vs Sith, then Republic vs Sith vs Empire. And sometimes the Hutt (Xim, Knight Errant, and the future invasion of Makeb in the Old Republic MMORPG). Why can't we have the Chiss as a main power for instance? And what about the Yuuzhang Vong, we saw some of them in Legacy, but that was all?

Ah... I can't wait to discover the release date :rolleyes:

GenAntilles likes this.
  13. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Different for sure, like a slippery slope :p

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The Chiss had a chance to be a galactic superpower, but then they blue it.

werpudel and Grey1 like this.
  15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
  16. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I know that won't happen, what with the ST and everything, but that would so be a job for a RPG campaign guide. Providing a framework, lots of facts and adventure hooks, but leaving the post-Legacy galaxy an open place for individual adventures.

17. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

No jedi. They should stay the hell out of politics, advise the leaders

The Felpire should get it's pick of worlds and 'GA' can maybe have the rest. Given that the empire did more of the fighting AND has more troops. Stazi will push for pre Sith-Imperial War borders and I don't really see him backing down, so heated arguments are likely and probebly some fighting, as issue 36 proves that Stazi is willing to shoot his allies over a disagreement in battle tactics (in the middle of said battle) I don't see why he wouldn't shoot them when he was trying to take as much of the galaxy as he can.

Marasiah would likely not want to start another war, but it depends upon how others in the empire feel.

Personally I think Couscant should be an independent, neutral planet, where leaders meet. The GA does not have the resources to properly mange the Core the Empire should hold on to it until it does.

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I can't agree more. The previous HUGE galactic government vs small little powers that has been the status quo for years now is really old. I would love for the galaxy to be even more fractured now. The Chiss become a power in the Unknown regions and an ally of the Fel Empire. The Mandalorians and Hutts perhaps form a defensive alliance and swallow up systems that are tired of being forced to chose either GA or Empire. The Hapans may finally expand beyond their traditional boundaries.

Then you also have all the Sith Empire leaders... how many of them are going to bend the knee to Stazi or Sia? Most of them know they'll be hung from the gallows so why wouldn't they go all warlord again like after Palpatine? Heck maybe Corelia and the old Confederation systems decide now is good time to go back to being their own separate power.

There is so much room for new story ideas in this period. I just hope it doesn't go back to 'everyone in the galaxy is either GA or Imperial' and the Jedi go back to 'we tell everyone to do what the GA says while complaining about telling everyone to do what the GA says'

19. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Agreed. The last thing we need is another post-NJO "right back to the status quo" muckup.

20. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Thought I was done with the EU after Episode VII was announced, but I heard about this.....I couldn't resist. =3

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  21. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    The Jedi should stay out of politics. I think that much is agreed across the board.

I imagine the minor powers would either join the Federation or make an alliance themselves. The Chiss, Hutts, and Hapans (along with whoever else) banding together against a slowly corrupting Federation would be interesting. As much as I'd like to see the government staying on the straight and narrow, it's a government.

The rest of the galaxy should finally admit that Kol Skywalker was right about the Yuuzhan Vong, and give Zonama Sekot a chance to return to known space. And the Bothans should rebel against that, because it makes for pretty good conflict that the new Solo heir could help work out. She could be an ambassador.

22. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm actually hoping for the Rakata to make a comeback

23. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    So we want a Game of Thrones style divying up?

24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm guessing now is a good time to catch up with Legacy.

Just ordered the first trade paperback on amazon.

A Tool and Gorefiend like this.
  25. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    The term you are looking for is 'Balkaniseation'.

I would like to see a cold war in SPACE, with most worlds not bowing to either ruler.