main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    All I know is that this new team will probably win a Division title next season . . .

Like all new players seem to around here. :(

2. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    If we do get fresh meat, I say we keep the Jets and add another NPC team. Then go to either 2 six team Conferences with the same playoff format we have now.

Or we go to 3 four team ones. The Conference winners and couple of wild cards go to the playoffs. The Commissioner's Cup winner would get the first round bye. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, like I said last week, I like having an NPC team around. I would prefer two 6-team conferences over three 4-team ones.

5. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Moving to three conferences could be done, but it would also present some challenges. At this point I'd prefer to keep us in two conferences. And yes, if we got up to 12 teams, there would be no playoff expansion.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I suggested the three conference approach just to make life difficult on you Trieste. :p

[​IMG]

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Actually, if we have six teams in the divisions, we could always have 4 playoff teams, which would lend itself to actual semifinals.

And if we expand to 12 teams, we could always expand to 8 game seasons (because if we rely on non-conference games for a tiebreak, having only 2 wouldn't work so well, while as 3 would be better). Just my $.02 for the day.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I don't mind conference/division winners getting a first round bye. Seems a good reward for a great season.

[​IMG]

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    This exactly.

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Super 16 scores are now up on the Wiki. Things are getting interesting now.

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    So I am looking at the end of the season stats and I think I just discovered the craziest thing... The Rough Riders might not make the playoffs.

If Ryloth loses to Vandelhelm & Nadiem beats Euceron & Onderon beats Mando'ade the ending records for the Skywalker conference would be:

1. Nadiem (5-2,3-1) Has the tie-breaker win over the Jets (Week 6)
    2. Vandelhelm (5-2, 3-1)
    3. Onderon (5-2, 2-2) Has the tie-breaker win over the Rough Riders (Week 6)
    4. Ryloth (5-2, 2-2)
    5. Euceron (2-5, 0-4)

Am I seeing this correctly?

Can not only the Commissioner's Cup, but also the regular season conference championship and a berth to the Galactic Cup Finals be on the line for the one team that suffered their first loss in Week 6?

Do the Jets have yet another chance to be the ultimate season destroyers once again?

Does the fate of an entire season hang in the balance against the one NPC team in the League?

So many question can be answered with just one word.....

Abso-frakkin-lutely!!!!

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh that is just plain awesome!

[​IMG]

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, you are seeing that correctly. The error by Trieste in declaring Ryloth conference champions is that he has incorrectly listed them with a 3–1 conference record, when in fact their conference record is 2–1 (beat the Chiefs in Week 3, beat the Storm in Week 4, Week 5 was non-conference, lost to Dragons in Week 6, Week 7 against Jets pending). So yes, nothing is decided in the Skywalker Conference yet...

...except that the Storm are on the outside looking in for the fourth consecutive season. :( Wait a minute... actually I hope that does happen because it would help me potentially get the #1 draft pick. :D

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    There always seems to be so much at stake late in the season. Last year's tie-breaker of doom comes to mind as well.

[​IMG]

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Elite League Limmie: Tiebreaker Capital of the Galaxy! :D :D :D

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Until this week I thought I was cruising for the top draft pick, maybe #2 overall. Now it might end up being third! I also figured the Riders as a lock for the postseason, now they might be watching at home like the Mercs. So many twists and turns and that's not even including the drama presented in everyone's posts! This game is so awesome. :cool:

[​IMG]

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That is why I said those HSN projections were unofficial. :D

This is awesome.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    And that is why ELL is so much more than a game. Its a way of living :p

The Smugglers inch ever closer to the number one pick....

So, we've completed our historical procedure of tanking the season after winning the Galactic Cup. Now, watch out, the next three to four years ought to be very interesting. Can only go up from here!

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh for sure. I mean, you guys can still pull off 0-7 next season. [face_laugh]

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    It's a life-or-death situation for crying out loud, and Alana is still thinking about the game? That therapist had better talk to her about that. :p

Overall, nice posts from both Gunny and Trieste. I never would have thought of having a light pole fall on the field.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's about the only thing I hadn't done before. :p

And Alana always thinks about the game. Why do you think she's in therapy? :p

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It is nomination time and we've actually got a few things to take care of.

First off, our traditional end-of-season awards recognizing the regular season accomplishments of Elite League teams. The categories are:
    • Salbukk Award (League MVP)
    • Ingbrand Award (rookiee of the year)
    • Duchess Eldin Award (sportsmanship & athletic excellence)
    • Zumtak Award (for perseverance and dedication to the sport of Limmie, broadly interpreted)
    • Langann Award (head coach of the year)
    • Grames Award (GM of the year)
    As always, I take your recommendations for each award into account when I release the nominations (of which there are three per category). I will weigh recommendations against season performance stats so it's highly unlikely that Ryi Kor'le is going to win the Salbukk given the Mercs 1-5 record, though you're welcome to try Bardan. :D

Additionally, we agreed a while back that we would yearly consider additions to the Limmie Hall of Fame. These additions could be in one of two ways:
    • Fleshing out the League by talking about someone who was previously in the Hall, but is not currently stated to be so (probably players from the distant past, outside the years 262-271)
    • New inductees never before added (largely players from the span of this game, or ones who would have played shortly beforehand)
    Because we don't have individual stat tracking (a large way that a lot of people get into most sports halls of fame), when you nominate people, you'll need to say why you think they should be included in the League. What were their accomplishments during their career, things like that.

All of this should be done via PM to start. And remind me: were we going to do Hall of Fame voting or just let me arbitrarily decide who goes in, much like actual halls of fame? :D

24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Um... I think we're missing some old posts in the game thread. I found my original CS posting on page 7 of the thread, when I seem to recall that it was on page 10 before the move (and no, the posts per page setting hasn't changed for me).

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That would be very bad.

Also, a reminder to everyone that draft participation must be sent in by Sunday, including your minimum three draftees. Right now it's just two teams in the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.