main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    A cameo with Sam Jackson in the background playing a different character? Sure. Mace Windu coming back? There are a few other Jedi higher up than Mace on the list of 'please make an appearance as a hologram/force ghost'.

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Why would you want this? Mace's death in ROTS is actually one of the standout moments of the entire film, IMO. What you are proposing would only serve to cheapen it, completely. He's dead.

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Jek Porkins, not a fall, but peeps want to bring hum back. :p

4. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    As well as the fact that he got blown up as well as the station he was on? ;)

5. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Samuel can return as his character Ordell from Jackie Brown he was a gun runner in that movie. In episode VII he can smuggle in all kinds of weapons throughout the galaxy

6. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    As much as I love Mace, its a no from me. And a firm NO. This will only mess with the OT story line. He is dead, accept it.

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Honestly, if people think that a bounty hunter who was slammed by the force of a jetpack into Jabba's sailbarge, then fell down the gullet of a giant beast, could use a combination of explosive/incendiary weaponry and jet propulsion in close quarters long enough to escape said giant beast, and survive the many injuries that would no doubt happen, there is absolutely no reason why a Jedi MASTER with no injury other than a cauterized amputation couldn't survive falling out a window. Obi-Wan jumped through one voluntarily in AotC, and fell what seemed to be several hundred feet before landing quite comfortably.

Of course, I still say, keep everyone dead.

8. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Yes, the bottom line of this was Mace unconscious when he hit the ground, if he was he died, if he was conscious he could use the force to soften the blow, even with a broken ankle, he could have used the force to help himself to a safe location, where he recovered. He may have gone off planet as soon as he saw the temple in flames. It's an easy save people, look at the level of electrocution Luke got from the emperor and still stayed conscious.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Mace is dead, son. Accept it.

K'Kruhk, Darth_Kiryan, eht13 and 3 others like this.
  10. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think a living Mace would have fled like some punk if he saw the temple in flames. IMHO

11. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I think its safe to say that Mace was about 50 years old in ROTS, correct? Well, considering that fact, that would make him almost 70 by the time ANH rolls around (assuming he survived the plunge in ROTS) and assuming that Episode VII takes place about 20-30 years after ROTJ at least(which by itself was about 3-4 years after ANH as it is), that would make Mace about 100 years old in Episode VII. No way is he coming back ALIVE in Episode VII even if they wanted to say he survived ROTS somehow.

Maybe as a force ghost perhaps, but even at that it would be the last shot at the celebration at the end of Episode IX, ala the end of ROTJ, only this time all the dead jedi from the saga come back to smile at the new Skywalker kids or something along those lines.

12. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Boba fell into the Sarlaac, he's dead dude. Mace should be long gone by the time of the ST so he's out too.

SlashMan likes this.
  13. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Mace Windu doesn't age... He survived the crash... He sits on Luke's council in the same seat he used to. He makes comments about Anakin to Luke, which often upsets him and is hard liner anti NJO wants to return to old ways

14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Joking

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I could see perhaps a holo image of him in the new temple. Or a holocron of him Obi Wan and Yoda

16. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I didn't have time to read all the posts, so I apologize if this has already been brought up. In response to the OP, yes, I do think we'll see Hayden again as Anakin's ghost, but this time it will be for a far more important story element other than just guiding the new heroes and passing out wisdom. I'm going to make a bold prediction here and say that Anakin will return in corporeal form to kill whoever the main villain is at the ending of Episode IX.

Think about it. Anakin is the Chosen One, and as it stands, the fulfillment of the prophecy so far has been kind of weak. He just picked up a guy and threw him down a shaft, which isn't all that impressive. Lucas may have inserted Hayden into the RotJ ending because he knew the larger role he will play in the ST. He also toyed with this very idea in the earlier drafts of RotJ when Obi Wan returned in the final duel to help Luke, and if there's one thing we know about Lucas, it is that he likes to re-use ideas that didn't make the original cut.

So Anakin will briefly return in Episode IX to kill, or at least help the new heroes kill the main villain (perhaps Darth Plagueis?), thus reiterating his role as the Chosen One and Sith exterminator extraordinaire. It may turn out that only the Chosen One could return and perform such a feat. This scene would also give credence to the line that was never really explained in ANH about "becoming more powerful than you can possibly imagine" and fits the mythological hero archetype of returning from the dead, even more so than Vader's redemption in RotJ. A pattern centered around Anakin starts to emerge: In the PT, Anakin turns to the dark side to essentially kill himself and transforms into Darth Vader. In the OT Anakin kills the Emperor and transforms into a Force Ghost. In the ST Anakin will return from the dead to kill whoever the new villain is and then transform into the Force for good and never return. Yes, I think we'll see a heartfelt goodbye scene in which Anakin explains that his purpose has been fulfilled and he'll never be able to visit the new heroes ever again.

I know people on here are going to say I'm crazy or an idiot, but I think I'm pretty close to how this thing might pan out. Mark my words.

laurethiel1138 and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  17. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    It's dawned on me that as much as he could have survived the fall, it was a pivotal point in the movie to know that Mace was dead. Just like Maul, just like Sidious (Boba didn't really matter enough to affect the plot). It was the guilt and fear that resulted from Mace's death that caused Anakin the make the final decision to turn to the dark side. If Mace survived, it would undo some of the meaning there.

Having him appear through holocron to instruct the future generations of Jedi would be ideal.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I'm not so averse to that being a story line, I'm really not, but cripes, Hayden dragging his lifeless corpse through another trilogy? I don't know if I could cope.
    AotC and RotS weren't terrible films, but when Hayden had his moment to shine, he just phoned in every line he had. The only line he delivered with any conviction was "I HATE YOU!"

Granted some of the dialogue was all kinds of terrible: "You are in my very soul" - who the hell talks like that?

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    GL is a terrible writer, that's why Hayden was bad.

Watch 'Life as a House', Hayden's a far better actor in tht.

20. I_Died_Once

I_Died_Once Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2005
    I know I'm going to take some heat for it, but I think worrying about how many threads are in the forum here is the wrong way to go. Its a forum, its supposed to have a lot of threads. This is the reason I never liked posting here too much, as the mods are more concerned about "theres already a thread about that!!!" and wants to delete stuff rather than let a conversation take place. Not everyone wants to reply to page 64 (or whatever) to chime in and maybe hope someone will reply to talk about whatever issue is at hand.

Just my two cents, I expect my change.

21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. I can only speak for myself but I'd be pretty psyched to see some little cameos like that. It would be a great bridge or glue to combine the whole story. In fact, now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if Luke occasionally watched old holocrons that contained PT Obi-Wan and Anakin as well, you know to see the truth about his father for himself.

JainaSoloYJK and SlashMan like this.
  22. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    They aren't for real, right? I thought this was just some kind of jokey meme.

23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    ^ I hope not. But the fact that people are actually calling for Maul, Vader, Boba, and even characters like Ahsoka makes me wonder. I think some people are serious and the serious fans are joking. I chalk this type of speculation up next to AC/DC and Metallica should be on the soundtrack. [face_laugh]

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  24. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I've seen some of his other films, he scrapes by most of the time.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And your character died without learning the secret to Force ghosting. So Mace is dead and has no ghost. Let it go.

-NaTaLie- likes this.