main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Vader's screaming

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by skywalkerz, Mar 13, 2012.

1. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Well, I always chuckle at Mark's expression after Vader's reveal. I'm sure I'm not supposed to, but individual reaction is hard to predict.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. Shadow_Ghost

Shadow_Ghost Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2012
    I love the whole fight on Mustafar, and the last moments with Obi Wan's speech gets me every time. When Vader screams "I HATE YOU!", my heart sinks seeing as how close they were. It's a powerful scene imo, and it makes their encounter in ANH a whole lot better.

Order66Survivor and PiettsHat like this.
  3. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    When he screamed "I hate you" it just seemed to me like a variation of what he'd been saying to or about Obi-Wan since AOTC. I viewed it as the end of the journey we shared with him that took his character from ungrateful d-bag as a teenager to weak minded, easy to manipulate psychopath as a young adult. There was nothing that really gave me the impression that they liked each other, and I took Obi-Wan's "brother" line as just another in a series of manipulative things he said which I thought was supposed to be kind of a standard character trait in Obi-Wan throughout the saga.

4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I agree -- the despair in Obi-Wan's voice as he says that Anakin was his brother and then the way he walks away. The sadness in his figure as he goes to see Padmé. For me, as powerful as Anakin's "I hate you!" is, it's also the way he looks at Obi-Wan right before that gets me. The pitiful brokenness in his eyes.

5. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    very heartbreaking indeed, the character really came a long way

6. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Regarding Kenobi's leaving, I see it a bit differently. I don't think he left Anakin there out of refusal to kill an unarmed opponent, or out of wishing him to suffer and die slowly. I think he just couldn't bear the sight of him anymore. He was just so physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted that he didn't have the strength to do anything but get away from there. He saw Ani lying there cut up and burning and just said to himself, "That's all I can take. I'm gone." And the way he looks on board Padme's ship, worn out and in despair, seems to indicate that.

7. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Good point. I think the Jedi training and their past relationship did play a role, after all, he's clearly heartbroken over his "brother" betraying him.

He didn't forget to pick the lightsaber though, did he?

8. Force.Child

Force.Child Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2012
    It was so painful to watch that scene the first few times.. I can only imagine what that could feel like. Not only hearing a father and brother-like figure screaming words of hatred at you, but watch as he is consumed not only by his hatred and confusion, but the flames of the lava as the eat away what is left of Anakin. :rolleyes: