main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm up for it if they can make it work. Sam just sounds so stoked..

I wonder if there's going to be any room for plot with all these OT and PT characters people want to show up. lol

2. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I think he nailed the Tatooine scenes (Tusken camp and confession) and he was mostly fine in ROTS. But I don't want any of the "ghosts" to be in more than a cameo, it's going to take out all the mystique out of "being one with the Force". It's bad enough Obi-Wan can sit down and talk to Luke as if he's there in the flesh.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Nick Fury goes through a black hole while fighting Thantos... pops out and is mistaken for an eye missing Mace Windu

4. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I really hope Ewan is in the PT as a Force Ghost (and even better would be Liam Neeson)

5. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    That's an easy explination?

Look I'm a huge fan of Ewan, have been since I first saw him in Shallow Grave but his time as Obi-Wan is done.

6. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I love Ewan McGregor, but he's too young.

7. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    While I know you guys were joking, I would actually really like this.

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Gregvader123 was joking, but I wasn't. It honestly wouldn't bother me, however the fan ire incurred by such a thing would probably make Han shooting first, the Hayden ghost and Vader saying no look universally accepted by comparison.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  9. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    Maybe that's a good thing! :D

10. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Apr 16, 2008
    See? SEXY!!!

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree. The only way I could possibly imagine stomaching the idea would be a scene set within the Netherworld of the Force where it is revealed that the spirits all survive but only those with the knowledge passed from Qui-Gon down through Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin have the ability to reveal themselves to those living in the physical realm. This might be playing a little fast and loose with established canon, but I don't think it would require any major retconning and would offer LucasFilm a quasi-legit reason to show off a whole bunch of our dearly departed again.

12. bri4117

bri4117 Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    one word Clone

13. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    It sounds a bit silly, but there's actually something about this idea that appeals to me. I'm not sure if I like it exactly the way it's stated, but there's a kernel of something... I would really like to see a larger exploration of the Force. Something that opens up that world a bit more and gives us more information about it, while also reclaiming the mystical aspect that many people felt that the midichlorians destroyed (not me but ya know...), and the concept of the Netherworld of the Force could work along those lines. Plus it reminds me of that weird interview Mark Hamill gave with Maria Shriver in 1983...

Shriver: I've heard that you've been hired to come back as Luke Skywalker in the last Star Wars films, eighteen years from now. Is that true?
    Hamill: In something like two thousand and four or something...
    Shriver: You're gonna be back...
    Hamill: But you see he's being very cagey because it's either going to be on another plane of existence, or not the same character. And I can't really tell you why without sort of getting into sensitive material.

Hmmm...

TreborSabreon likes this.
  14. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    We can't even get a Force Ghost? [face_monkey]

GGrievous likes this.
  15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree with the "silly" description, but more to the point, I'm with you. I've gone on record here stating that I'd love a scene which offers us our first glimpse into the next world. My original thought was that should Luke indeed die, we be shown his being welcomed into the plane by Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda, but as I hope to see both an exploration of the Netherworld and Luke's survival of the ST, I'd rather another, more compelling concept be utilized.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  16. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I am a Force Ghost
    <---
    :p

17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    They should have him be all crispy and burned like he was after the lava when he is a forceghost.

Lord_Tuvitor likes this.
  18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, and Carrie needs some time at the gym to wear the golden bikini again....

19. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah, all floaty and stuff. That would be sweet.

20. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Yeah, that never sat to well with me either.

In my opinion the whole force ghost thing should have been limited to the obscure "did I just dream that" sequence on Hoth. That really worked, the rest, not so much.

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes, you are an idiot. No, not really, but I am missing one thing. Wasn't it Obi-Wan, and not Vader who said the underlined quote?

22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    With these brother/sister and parent views, perhaps Sigmund Freud could also appear as a force ghost to do some family psychotherapy with the three of them; that way they could work out the issues you speak of. Leia definitely would have daddy issues (he LITERALLY destroyed her home); and in the midst of their processing, Luke would start crying and yelling,"YOU WERE NEVER THERE FOR ME AS A CHILD, FATHER! YOU ABANDONED ME!"

23. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Mace Windu lives on thanks to GFFA technologies such as bacta, organ cloning, longevity treatment and cybernetics. He sees the rise of Luke's New Jedi Order and wants to destroy it to avenge the Old Jedi Order's destruction at the hands of Anakin. He is now more machine than man, twisted and evil, but still BAMF incarnate, ready to lay down the smackdown on Luke's kids, Vaapad-style.

(j/k btw)

24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    So, lets say after the fall, Mace loses his memory and his connections with the Force, and gets a cybernetic arm to replace his severed one.

Then he makes a living in the underworld of Coruscant working as a hitman for Marcellus the Hutt,a nd grows an afro.

25. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Compounded with your facepalm, it works so well.