main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Download Star wars games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ttandc, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ttandc

ttandc Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2008
    G'day all

I have been a player of the star wars games ever since the days of Jedi Knight. And I have probably bought a large portion of all the star wars games released for pc as well as consoles. Like most people I like to revisit these games from time to time. Sadly when it comes to the pc games the cd's eventually become scratched and cracked. Making them unusable for future installs. The only option I have if I want to play the game again is to go onto ebay and hope I can find another copy that is not damaged.

I'm really getting tired of doing this and I know the Blizzard game company have had a way to solve this problem for years now. What they do is get you to make a blizzard account with them and you register your activation keys with them. This way when the cd eventually becomes too damaged to use you can download the game from your blizzard account.

This seems like a simple solution that lucasarts should be able to do. Sadly I have tried to sign into their forum multiple times and with multiple email addresses and I never receive their confirmation email ( and yes I have checked the junk mail ). So I am never able to post on the forums there.

If anybody here can mention this on the lucasarts forum that would be great thanks :)

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Get steam. There's nothing Star Wars on there that isn't 20 bucks or less, and no hassling around with product keys as far as I know.

3. ttandc

ttandc Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2008

Thanks for the info mate :) I'll take a look see ;) They are around the same amount on ebay but at least I won't have to worry about the cd getting damaged ;)

Do you pay for it only once on steam or do you have to pay each time you download it?

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Only once.

5. ttandc

ttandc Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2008
    Sweet :D Thanks :D I'm actually surprised lucasarts allow other companies to do that. I'd imagine they'd be missing out on some profits here.

6. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    As long as your logged onto your account, you could download the games on any other computers you own.

7. ttandc

ttandc Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2008
    Cool ;) I didn't really want to pay for them again but just one more time won't kill me :D Thanks for the info guys ;) I think I can see all the star wars games I have purchased in the past except galactic battle grounds but its still a great collection they have :)

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    See if you can activate the keys on Steam before you buy them. I know there are some games that you can add on Steam if you buy a physical copy.

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Only newer games (that implement SteamWorks). I doubt there's a chance of that working with anything oldschool.

10. ttandc

ttandc Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2008
    No harm in trying I guess :) Thanks again all :) With companies like steam, blizzard, Nintendo and microsoft ( at least for the x-box anyway ) doing things like this I hope Lucas arts and microsoft ( for pc ) do the same soon :)

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Ummm, LucasArts gets paid every time one of their games is purchased on Steam.

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, idk how much of a cut they get, but given that most of the games there are like 10 bucks (the whole pack of literally every star wars game ever is like 100 bucks), I doubt it's very much.

Although tbh it's probably way more profit than LucasArts manages to wrangle from physical sales.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    There is a steam pack with literally every Star Wars game ever?

lol.

14. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Not even close. there's only 10-15 sw games on steam, there's been 100's... and don't even say it has all that have been released on pc what about star wars episode 1 racer?

15. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, should have clarified. There's a pack with about fifteen games on it.

16. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    It's just a shame Steam doesn't have Rebellion/Supremacy as one of its many SW games. I have misplaced my Rebellion game (loved it!) and have a hankering to play it again. The only way to do so is to buy a copy off eBay. Pity.

17. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    May wanna wait a little while before buying those games on Steam. The Winter sale starts this Thursday and goes until early January, and I'm sure the Star Wars pack will see a discount during that time.

DarthBoba likes this.
  18. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I bet it's like 300 bucks there, too.

19. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    The Star Wars collection is currently going for 100 bucks on Steam. And, of course, there's always Amazon for even older games but they tend to be CD only.