main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd be down with seeing Joe Johnston getting the opportunity to make his Boba Fett movie that he's been stumping for, but it was recently pointed out to me that other than TCW voice-over work, Daniel Logan hasn't acted at all since 2003. Suffice it to say, I was surprised.

Now, I imagine there's a reason for his lack of work and in spite of the continuity connection and Logan's obvious enthusiasm for both the role and the fanbase, it may be best to search someone else out. Mind you, if he has the acting chops to carry a feature film, then I'm all for him appearing. But man, 2003.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should just make a movie where they show Boba getting digested by the Sarlaac for 2 hours.
    The Passion of the Fett
    Have him voiced by Nick Cage.

Panakas_Dawg and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    That's what's ridiculous, right there. I saw a few personal munitions, one rocket that would be unwise to use in close quarters, and a jetpack that failed to save him from falling in in the first place.

All that other stuff - armor made from the same stuff they fit to starship hulls - that's in the books, and was in there so they could bring him back. And frankly, if you can't see why that's ridiculous, then you and I will never agree anyway.

4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I don't think it's a stretch to assume that Boba was equipped with at least the same weapons that his father had. And I have no problem buying into the idea that his armor was strong enough to stand up to digestive fluids, regardless of its composition.

Also, just because his jetpack went off when Han hit it and Boba wasn't able to control it in that moment, there's no real reason to assume it wouldn't still work afterwards.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I'd just like to point out that any arguments about Boba fett's return should really be about whether or not Boba could get out.

We are told in the film that the Sarlac keeps you alive while it slowly digests you. So Boba fett is not DEAD, even without any EU, that much should agree upon.

6. I_Died_Once

I_Died_Once Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2005
    Its not too late for him to be "Special Editioned" in... Aren't they going to re-release the Original Trilogy in 3-D sometime after Episode 2 & 3? That would be a perfect little addition to cut to a clip of laser blasters blowing open the mouth of the Sarlaac and see that arm reach out...

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That's not just in the EU, it's in the Official Visual Dictionaries that give you details of the characters from all the movies (just as the Incredible Cross-sections books gave details of all the starships & the Atlas of all the planets). Plus his armour is almost exactly like Jango's aside from leg plates and we saw how much stuff he had. The suit definately had a flamethrower, a working one. Jeremy Bulloch himself said he set it off when he first got into the costume, so it's pretty canon.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. budspencer

budspencer Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    Boba had tons of gadgets on him, He threw a rope at Luke to ensnare him. Who saw that that thingamajig did not have other shots in it and he used it to grab the top of the sarlacc and get out.

Plus nobody ever figured out that the barge basically exploded on top of the sarlacc...ok on the top side of it but nonetheless, just the sheer force of the concussive blast of the barge might have easily instantly killed the Sarlacc...Boba still inside was protected by the inwards of the beast while going down...and then boom sarlacc is dead... plus the Sarlacc physiology is built all around the fact that Boba had to survive...

plus take a look at this image..

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080928223023/starwars/images/6/60/Sarlacc_Body.jpg

I can only imagine this going on....

" what?" not being digested anymore, said Boba....

Boba reaches for an another charge from his grappling hook, fires it upwards and manages to get out of the sarlacc and summon Slave 1 and get the hell out of there...

9. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Boba Fett was dead at the end of the first quarter of the Return of the Jedi film. It was an unceremonious ending to what was a great character. The Sarlacc did give a burp after it swallowed him. It looked as though Boba had served his purpose for the series considering the way Lucas ended him. However, I am not really sure that in the beginning GL even considered using a Fett as the original clone template. It most likely came later after he realized the bounty hunter was so popular.

10. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    That's exactly what happened.

11. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Before the prequels, before the super special DVD commentaries, Lucas was asked about the EU resurrecting Boba and he said something along the lines of, "He's dead. I killed him." Like many subjects before and after, on this the bearded one changed his stance. I remember that very quote being a big part of the great canon debates of the times. I remember the first time I heard him say he thought about putting him crawling out of the Sarlaac in the commentary. It's really typical of Lucas, and really shows you how much he cares about what the fans consider "real" or not. I wouldn't count on much more than a few nods to EU stuff, but maybe Boba will return in some form or another.

Spam Bot likes this.
  12. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    There are a lot of minor characters from the OT who could make an appearance in the Sequel Trilogy.
    -) General Veers (Julian Glover is still alive! Ask him back!)
    -)The bounty hunters (4-LOM, Zuckuss, Bossk, IG-88...)
    -) Ackbar
    -) Wedge Antilles and his pilots
    -)Bib Fortuna

I would love to see them all back!

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    A lot of the minor characters from the OT would be great to see back. But isn't Veers dead?

14. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    According to the EU (Dark Empire 2), Veers was killed during the Battle of Balmorra. Veers' death wasn't explicitly shown in the comic, so a retcon could undo the whole thing and keep him alive during the post-Endor time period. :)

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Ahh, ok, I just thought he was killed in the Battle of Hoth.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The novel seems to imply he's killed- with Hobbie's ship crashing into the head of Veers' walker and exploding. However, the EU kept Hobbie around- so it makes sense that this scene was retconned in some way.

EDIT: going by Wookieepedia- it happened- but Hobbie ejected, and Veers was crippled but not killed.

17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Supreme Chancellor Binks
    Senator Warrick
    Darth Crumb
    ET
    The Daleks
    ALF.

18. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    my choice comes in just two words-Mara Jade

19. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Darth Plageuis
    Mara Jade
    Cad Bane
    IG-88
    Bossk

20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    From the EU I'd say...
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Ben Skywalker
    Jaina Solo

Team Padme likes this.
  21. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Okay, how about:

OT: Luke, Han, Leia, R2-D2, C-3PO (I'm okay with or without Chewbacca, I wouldn't mind smaller characters getting a better treatment if done well, but not a must---and NO to Boba Fett, Emperor, other deceased beings)
    PT: Yoda, Anakin, Ben as force ghosts I think could work, but don't force it in just to have a connection
    EU: I'm down with keeping Mara, Jaicen, Jaina, Ben if done correctly (you could even throw in other guys if they are used properly and not too contrived)
    TCW: Please don't shove someone in just to have a connection.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. canunot

canunot Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2012
    Luminara Unduli in exile on Mirial, except with a big, complex tattoo on her back/stomach to reflect her survival of the purge (as per "A Mirialan would place a unique, often geometrically repeated tattoo their face and hands to signify that they had completed a certain test or task, or achieved sufficient aptitude for a certain skill. The number of tattoos would thus often act as a good indicator of how mature and/or skilled a Mirialan was.") Could be the 'Yoda' of the OT, for the ST, I mean in terms of G-Canon, we never saw a body... and you can't complain if she kept that lovely english accent of hers :p (Luminara fan since 02)

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Whatever you do with Chewie, don't have one of the characters deliver some lame remark that he died off screen.

24. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    I want a new character who split two halves of himself: one seeking peace & light and one tempted by the dark side.

25. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    do you guys want to see pirates? star wars, pirates of the carribeans or pirates of space