main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Katana_Sundancer Yes! Please do so! I would so reread MK while following your notes. I wish I had done the same thing. I know my husband got an earful while I was reading; too bad he can't recall anything I said.

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Wilco, MiraxTerrik. Same name for me there as here. I have to say, you definitely need the book there, since some of my references are pretty damn inscrutable unless you know what I'm talking about. But I've got page numbers listed, so hopefully, that helps.

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I wanted the comics before I even thought of the costume idea, now they are pretty much a necessity. My husband got so tired of my EU ramblings this summer. I know he is glad I found this outlet.

4. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Excellent, getting book now...

I just found your page. Your LJ is a dangerous place for me... "Wedge Antilles...Sex God" indeed. ;)

5. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Runjedi, my husband has been urging me to go to another room to browse the boards. Pfft, he acts like just because it's his office he gets to tell me to shut up because I'm laughing/yelling too loudly at my computer.

6. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Oh my god, Complications. I should really do some more work on it, but my muse jumped ship to Harry Potter. *sigh* My muse has ADHD, I'm sure of it.

7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    My son doesn't like when I laugh at my I-pad, but I tell him he should be happy mommy is happy.

BultarSwan likes this.
  8. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    My boyfriend's asleep, so I guess I shouldn't make too much noise, but he does sleep pretty heavily.

9. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Katana_Sundancer Loved the story. You did characterizations really well, and I'm left wondering what's wrong with Iella as well as more unsavory images.

I'm reading your notes now. I'm loving your reactions. I would also, unironically, love to read Ace in the Hole: A Cockpit's-Eye View of Turbulent Times

10. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Complications is on here too, somewhere. If they've fixed it up yet. But thanks. The idea kind of ambushed me.

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I thought I recognised you from somewhere, Katana, I think I've seen you on LJ, in the wraithsquadron community? I've never posted there myself, but I do keep an eye out for new, good X-wing fic like yours. :D

I have gone through the comics since I'm done with exams until Saturday and I've found some Wedge, Hobbie, and Soontir butts. Some are better than others, I can't help how they were drawn, but I'll scan them maybe tomorrow, see how that goes ;)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Woo Hoo! Can't wait Rebecca! THANK YOU!

13. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I've just had a horrible thought. I haven't drawn SW fan art in over a decade, but I will be back with some if they turn out to be any good...

14. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009

I do hang out there from time to time :p. I even participated in the ficathon year before last... kind of.

Yay, x-wing jockey butts! Wish I had access to the comics, but the library sold off the copies they had. :mad:Silly silly library. They had Phantom Affair too! Woobie Ponytail Wedge!

Adalia-Durron and MiraxTerrik like this.
  15. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Just finished with FotJ: Vortex... now to get back to the XWS. Iron Fist awaits!

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  16. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Oh man, Iron Fist... I think that maybe be my single favorite book of the series.

I spent most of today getting the X-wing and TIE fighter games working on my computer. Man, I love these games so much.

I got my comics back from my friend. I believe there were requests for Hobbie butt? Where should I go for image hosting?

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I think Solo Command is my favorite, but Starfighters of Adumar is soooo good as well.

18. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I use Photobucket, Mirax, but there are others -- Photobucket is free and quite easy to use, it even supplies URL links in the four most useful formats, so all that's needed is a copy then a paste into the destination.

19. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I also use photobucket and have never had a reason to complain.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I am sitting at my scanner, scanning Rogue squadron butts. It is an enjoyable exercise. Any last-minute requests?

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe Isard's Revenge, which I am currently rereading, even though I took a brief break from it to read some short stories from Halo: Evolutions, since it just arrived, is my favorite, though Starfighters of Adumar and the rest of the series are definitely excellent.

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Solo Command and Starfighters of Adumar are alternatingly my favourites. No book without Wes Janson can be my favourite, no matter how good. And, yanno, Janson's rear in Solo Command, mhmm [face_batting]

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Okay guys... ready? (sorry for the double-post)

These are all icon size and other than being cropped, completely unedited from the comics. I edited the ones I planned to use as icons because the colours on my scanner aren't perfect, but I decided there were too many to edit them all. You are WELCOME to use these as icons or edit them in any way you wish. You are also welcome to not use them :p Let me know if any of the links don't work/whatever.

Wedge: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight

Hobbie: One, Two, Three, Four, Plus Janson

Soontir: One, Two, Three

And extra ones I just saw and had to scan as well:

Tycho: One, Two, Three

Corran: One, Two, Plus Iella

Janson: One, Two, My current icon

Bonus Mirax for the boys: One

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    So excited you got Tycho! I was just thinking it was sad we left him out. Thank you!

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012