main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Yoda in TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, characters like Plo and other background Jedi have hardly been seen in action at all, so there is a difference.

You're basically saying that Obi-Wan vs Grievous is the same as Plo vs Grievous. This is obviously false.

This is quite a straw man and trolling by your own definition.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think it's true in the sense that we know the range of possible outcomes is quite narrow that there's not much difference whether it's Kenobi, Koon, Fisto, Mundi, or anyone we know survives into Ep. III dueling Grievous.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Too bad we can't have someone like Krell vs Grievous - a worthy opponent (each to the other). Obviously we can't and Krell had his own arc, but a powerful Jedi built up randomly over several episodes here and there, then a confrontation, then a new saber for Grievous.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The problem is that you want characters to die and not for the duels themselves. Don't tell me you hated the Kit Fisto vs Grievous duel!?

You confuse me now. If you want OCs to duel why do you defend the boring and tired Dooku vs Anakin duels?! We already know what happened with these two losers.

True but too bad TCW was too lazy and killed off Krell.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm all for duels with PT characers if they can be relevent to the story at hand. Anakin and Dooku's duel was part of a larger plot by Sids. It worked and really is the only important duel they've had. If you can make Plo vs. Grievous relevent to the story (Plo being one of the PT characters who is actually part of moving plot threads in TCW). Then that's fine but it won't make anything less predictable. I don't want OCs characters to be introduced just to die. That's pretty much how TCW treats them and I hate that. I want them to be developed so when they get into duels it can feel like something is actually at stake. Like somone can real and truly come out a loser. Then if they do die or get hurt it might actually suck.

AkashKedavra_93 and Valairy Scot like this.
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The duel in Crisis on Naboo ruins the ROTS duel AND cause it was a big deal from the opening of ROTS, it was the most predictable and tired thing ever. A duel between Plo Koon and Maul or Plo vs Grievous would be new and fresh.

I have seen Anakin duel Dooku on Geonosis and over Coruscant for the last 7 years. It is a lazy move to repeat THIS exact duel since like I said: The possibilities for duelists are endless in this time period.

FARK2005 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ok, fine. - white flag. - Lets get back on the topic of Yoda.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to see 4 episode Arc for Yoda next season

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Can I get a source for this contention I keep hearing that DF has promised more Yoda episodes?

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. I conced as well. Truce ...

Since TCW are doing mainly 4 part arcs now, I might be so big.

I think Filoni indirectly did mention it or something like it lastly at the final interview at Comic Con with Ashley Eckstein.

At 4:17...

http://clonewarspodcast.com/news/vi...-eckstein-and-catherine-taber-from-comic-con/

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    You are welcome! I am always happy to help with a discussion...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I know this is a random question but did anyone else feel cheated when they saw this promo and then followed the entire season and saw no Yoda action?!

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't ever recall seeing that promo.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, I did and I expected Yoda to fight somebody cause every other hologram in the video did happen.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Isn't it baffling that a commercial for Lego is doing something TCW can not do for ages - pit Grievous and Dooku vs somebody interesting, and have YODA duel Dooku in an epic way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.