main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is there an existing thread about EU stuff we want to be made?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Dec 7, 2012.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    (had to type something here)

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There was a thread about "Loose plot threads we want followed up upon"- and there's been similar threads in the past.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    1. 10 Jedi that go to Mortis (Make it like Death Troopers, kill off 10 unused Jedi) Kunor Bann/Turi Altamik/Yaqeel...
    2. Jedi X-Wing Book: Valin/Jysella/Doran/Lowie/Tesar/Yanthar
    3. Valin/Syal book
    4. Ben Skywalker Trilogy
    5. TOR book: Following up Atton Rand, Bao Dur, Juhani, and KOTOR/KOTOR 2 characters
    6. Avinoam Arelis/Sothais Saar anti slavery book
    7. Jaden Korr Book 3
    8. Tahiri Veila is a bounty hunter...
    9. How about a tale from... PT (Tales from the Battle of Geonosis) What Kit Fisto did, Shaak Ti did, what Grevious did...
    10. Give me a revelation of who Derek is

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Something about Marka Ragnos and/or Freedon Nadd.

5. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Isn't this already on the schedule?

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Kemp has an untitled doulogy due out... It is topic secret in regards to plot

7. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    when is that supposed to be released, because there doesn't seem to be any info about it at all

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I have no clue, it may be canceled for all I know. Check out wookieepedia. It is has been announced but no information about plot has been revealed, not even the time period it will be set in.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I still say it'll be one of those old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books to allow people to read about the Jaden Korr they picked in Jedi Academy. :p

Jaden wakes up and blinks.

IF HE BLINKS BLUE EYES, TURN TO PAGE 2.
    IF HE BLINKS GREEN EYES, TURN TO PAGE 3.
    IF HE IS A KEL'DOR WITHOUT ANY VISIBLE EYES, TURN TO PAGE 4.

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I always wanted Jaden to be Kel Dor too, which is why I am ok with the human clone revelation, since he is a clone of someone previous.

11. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I just realized I'd really like to read Tales from the Outlander Club. Why don't they make books like that anymore? :_|

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    It isn't Del Rey's thing. But some PT tale of would be cool

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "Tales from the Old Republic" would be a good name.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i've always wanted some more material involving spiker and big gizz. as well as other sote stuff. yes, i am a fan of dash render..

AnnaRe likes this.
  15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Ben Skywalker/Allana Solo book series.

16. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Would love a novel that focuses on the cast from John Miller's KOTOR comic series.

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The lack of short stories has really hurt the PT; the short story is a great medium for fleshing out characters and establishing a supporting cast and depth of universe without needing to build a whole book around Shmi, Cliegg, and Owen. Short story collections, in the style of WEG and the Tales books, would do a lot to give some depth to characters like the Larses, or some Mos Espa denizens who could show up in fringey material, or Senators and their aides . . . countless applications, really.

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    -)They should publish a comic about Naroon Cuthus while he was in service to Jabba the Hutt!
    -) A comic about the Battle of Milvayne! It has to feature Garm Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma.
    -) A comic about the Empire of the Hand. It has to feature Baron Fel and Admiral Parck. I want to see them fight the Vong!
    -) A comic about the Battle of Malachor 5. It has to feature Revan, Malak, Cassus Fett, Mandalore, Nihilus... I want to see who Nihilus was before he became a Sith Lord.
    -) A comic about General Grievous!
    -) A comic about Grand Admiral Grant!

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Considering the previous CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE hero of the franchise was killed off during the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight narrative, this would be all the more appropriate.

Zorrixor likes this.
  20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Agreed.

I'm increasingly surprised they haven't done something like that. I mean, what are half the stories in TCW but the visual equivalent of short stories? And they're popular enough. So why not capitalise on that popularity by releasing an anthology titled Tales from the Clone Wars or something, which would be a very easy way to get readers back into the habit of short stories and would cash in on the mainstream television crowd too.

Heck, why not throw in some illustrations while they're at it. They've kept trying to get kids interested in the books, but long prosaic TCW spin-offs are one thing, illustrated shorts are another, yet Star Wars has never really tried to break into that market and I view short stories with a couple of colour plates a totally different genre to a full blown graphic novel.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Think about a Tales of the Confederacy. A Banking clan short story, a gossam short story, a poggle the lesser short story.... Think about it people, we wouldn't know Zuckuss Bossk or any other bounty hunters back story...

Zorrixor and cthugha like this.
  22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    What about short stories of the NJO? An short stories featuring Izal Waz, Waxarn Kel, the Horns, ect...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    On the video game side of things, what about a KOTOR styled game set post Episode 6, maybe Star Wars: Thrawn, where you play as Luke, then you get R2, Han, Leia, then Mara, a Noghrii, plus maybe one more? Would make an awesome game for the XBOX. Fight Thrawn and C'Baoth.

Same thought as before but set with a character like Valin Horn, Kyle Katarn, or Jaden Korr. Have a 5-9 person party that recruit thoughout the game. In Valin's I could see Syal, a selonian apprentice, maybe a mando, Whistler. Kyle katarn's game could be set during the NJO books, have him then Jan Ors, then a whole cast of new characters. Jaden Korr's party could be set directly following his books, have his droid, Marr, maybe Khedryn, a few female characters... He could fight a dark side Rosh, or the clones, what ever...

24. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    that would be insanely awesome! it could possibly involve how they were recruited to the cause and such, and could involve Dooku, Grievous, even Plagueis in parts.

25. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Imperial Commando 2
    Lightsider (graphic novel)
    Reenlistment of Baron Fel (comic series)