main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Trandoshan Duology (Season 3 Finale)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wasn't under the impression all the Younglings understood Byph and Gungi. I think it would be normal to pick whatever language you want to learn as a Jedi and learn it. Not to mention the Jedi is kinda a multi ethnic/ race organization and they might pick language and cultural stuff off of each other just from being friends and teaching each other so long as they were old enough to speak by the time being taken. Ahsoka looked like a 3 year old in the flash back, old enough to have basic language skills. Even so it seems like the Jedi encourage their ranks to be somewhat true to there roots. Makes ense to me.

This isn't so different from how I've picked up some Persian phrases because one of my best friends IRL is from Iran.

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I didn't mean to imply that you implied anything. LOL! Sorry if it came across that way. :D I was only expanding on your observations with some of mine own.

Seerow likes this.
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt are some of my favorite episodes and remain my favorite series finale. The visuals were spectacular and the attention to detail on Felucia and Wasskah was incredible, I was floored.

Ahsoka speaking Shyriiwook didn't stand out as a sore thumb to me at all, I just assumed she learned it at the Temple. The others were captured when they were younglings, so if they didn't completely understand Chewbacca, I didn't think that was a problem. And if they didn't understand him at all, who knows the majority of languages anyway?

This arc in the captured younglings' characters created something that is sorely missing from TCW at times - dynamic original characters who created suspense. I fully thought that Jinx and O-Mer could have bit the bullet at any time, that chase through the Wasskah jungle was great.

Ahsoka became a favorite of mine in these episodes. She is brilliant here, growing so much in just two episodes. Her maturity was well done here and continues to show from then on.

I enjoyed the Plo Koon/Anakin Skywalker dynamic and I really, really hope those two are crossing paths in the season finale.

That shot of Ahsoka beginning to walk away from Kalifa's body but looking back slightly as the light filtered through the jungles is the most beautiful shot in all of The Clone Wars and for me Kalifa's death remains the most well-done death in the series.

[​IMG]

Oh this shot...thanks to Apophis_ for finding the image!

20/10 for both.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This arc really is more proof of how much better good OCs make the show.

5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Another thing I definitely liked about this arc were the individual designs of the trandoshans. They managed to give each of them a distinct look and coloring (Garnac in particular looked pretty cool with the feather-spikes on his head). I also like how they had some of them be shorter and stockier when compared to the others.

[​IMG]

Seerow, SeparatistFan and CT-867-5309 like this.
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I loved how different they all looked. I think since S3, the show has doing the same amazing job and even better with Hondo's pirates.

They could do the same with other villains and characters in general. Like with the separatists...

Nexumaster and SeparatistFan like this.
  7. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Looking at the different designs of the Trandoshan hunters and even Hondo's gang, I wonder why they had the prisoners in 'Deception' looking so alike; they had no individual looks, not even slightly; it was just the same Trandoshan, Lutrillian and Rodian over and over again & with a Karkarodon thrown into it in an attempt to add more diversity.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I really, really, really do not like to talk about that lazy prison episode. With all the resources and species and VILLAINS, they coud have populated the prison a lot better. It is not that hard. I guess somebody was just lazy during that arc in terms of animating.
    Even Mon Calamari looked better in terms of diversity.

9. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I was rewatching the Undercover arc earlier on and saw two of the Trandoshans, Ramy and Krix, walking around on Nal Hutta in 'Friends And Enemies'; they appeared in a number of shots, either both or just one of them (surprisingly it seems like the former survived the plummet from the floating fortress):

[​IMG]

Seerow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.