main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Channel?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JoeyArnold, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Disney needs to launch a Star Wars channel. Post your list of shows & movies & programming that must air on the new Star Wars channel.

How soon can Disney launch the Star Wars channel? What should Disney call this new Star Wars network? Should this channel only be on cable & Satellite, & online, or should it also be on regular free TV, as in digital TV? What should be on this SW channel? What should not be on this SW network? What should the commercials be like.

Here is my list:

The Star Wars Network: possible programming:

Clone Wars

Baby Anakin & Friends

Yoda & the Knights of the Old Republic

The Star Wars movies

Star Wars video game scenes

Bobba Fett adventures

Han Solo adventures

Star Wars cartoons by Seth Green

Leia adventures

Stories for after the Return of the Jedi

Stories for after Revenge of the Sith

R2D2 & C3PO adventures

Darth Bane

thousands of years after Return of the Jedi

millions or thousands of years before a New Hope

stories of the first dark jedi leaving or fighting

stories of all the different wars throughout the thousands of years

adventures of Lando

stories on the emperor

stories on Maul

stories on any of the popular characters

stories of new characters too

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    If it were to EVER happen... it would take many years before they would do so, as there just isn't any material to put such a channel on the air right now.

I don't see it ever happening though.

3. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Could the Star Wars channel also air Indiana Jones things & other George Lucas content?

clone3131 likes this.
  4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It's called the Disney channel...

Voss likes this.
  5. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    LOL.. yeah.

But all Starwars all the time? Thats how I stay living!

6. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I could see a Lucasfilm type channel, but not one focusing entirely on Star Wars. There just would not be enough content.

7. Sith_Lord_Sam

Sith_Lord_Sam Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    I really like the R2D2 & C3PO adventures idea. I think it would be pretty adorable :3

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    That would be cool if there is a Star Wars channel. Then when the animated movies and t.v. shows come on DVD I will buy them!!!!!!=D= ^:)^[face_dancing]

9. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Ya, I would imagine you will see a lot more SW content on the Disney Channel. Dont be surprised if The Clone Wars moves there after the contract with Cartoon Network is up.

But, a SW Channel would be cool.

-C

10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    How is this thread is related to Episode VII?

I would think Disney would create a separate "Star Wars Channel." There is way too much material to put on the normal Disney Channel.

11. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Danger, danger saturation and apathy imminent!

12. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    This may b off topic, but one nagging fear that I have it that Disney will forcefully squeeze one of their teen pop stars into one of the Star Wars movies. :-(

Back on topic. I don't think there is enough material yet for a whole channel. Though it would b cool to have one dedicated to SW.

13. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  14. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    "Adventures of Lando" - shouldn't that be on Adult Swim or something? Wouldn't that be nothing but booty calls, gambling and double-crossing friends?

Dark Lord Tarkas and V-2 like this.
  15. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Why do people continue to buy sport games year after year? Why do they continue to make new basketball video games each year and why aren't people getting over-saturated with too much of basketball or the same old in certain video games or TV shows or the same old predictable story lines in shows and films and books, you know? Can there really be too much Star Wars? Will people really get sick of Star Wars? Will Star Wars get watered down?

Are sport games watered down? People continue to watch sports night after night by the millions, and my friend, Star Wars is like sports, because I for one would continue to watch Star Wars like I watch sports.

Yes, I hate bad basketball games but I know that you never know what is going to happen next in a game, so I take the good and the bad, and I do not know what is going to happen next.

If Michael Jordan misses a shot, I do get upset but then I hope and pray that he will get a second chance to mae a shot or to even make a slam dunk.

If George Lucas misses a dunk or a shot with the prequels or with anything, then I can get upset but then I will stay with my popcorn and hope that recovers and delivers a home run.

You have to take the good with the bad. people draw tons of art and write tons of books and out of that the best of the best comes out.

Art does not always come out perfect and Star Wars is art and you have to try a little until you get something great out of it and you will have bad days and you will miss shots and dunks and make mistakes and make horrible films and horrible shows and books and art and so forth, but the masterpieces and gold nuggets will come when you least expect it.

So, let us make as many Star Wars things as we can so that it encourages more people to become more creative and eventually wonderful things will happen.

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Terrible idea, as the OP illustrates. I like SW, but there's a lot more to life.

I laughed when I saw Sky's advert for their Bond Channel... I'd not like anything like that for SW... It cheapens everything.

17. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Everything that would be on that channel I have on dvd. So in essence I already have my own starwars channel.:D

18. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars is life. Because films and books and everything are just about our universe and there are millions of books and films and stuff about our universe.

If we can be entertained and educated and challenged and encouraged through the millions of movies and books and everything of our own universe, then why can there not be millions of films and books of the Star Wars universe?

We make millions of books and films mostly about just one planet, our planet, called earth, but the Star Wars universe has millions of planets and each planet is like our earth that can go on to produce millions of books and films like we did and do.

19. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I gotta say, Joey, your last few posts have been very thoughtful.

And in principle, I like your idea too, but simple physical reality dictates that such a goal simply cannot be met for years.

The first reason is that they will definitely need time to create enough product to fill an entire network - even nine films, the entire Clone Wars series, and every other televised thing they currently have or have ever made, will still not be enough to fill the programming space on a 24-hour, 7-day network. It's not just this network either; even the 24-hour news networks have to fill their time with something, and there isn't enough news going on every minute of sufficient scale to warrant inclusion in a worldwide network, so they have to just rerun and rerun the same news for hours, or else fill the time with talking-head shows that argue a lot while saying nothing (it's why, frankly, I think the 24-hour news channels should go away in favor of a return to an hour of news each night). And if that's the case with established networks that everyone watches, how much worse could it be for the Star Wars channel?

The other reason is something that naturally occurs if you're then going to begin producing enough material for such a network: as a lot of people have said, it's oversaturation. It's not a question of why can't there be millions of different Star Wars stories over different media; it's a question of how fast do you put it out there into the marketplace? I could argue (successfully, I think) that the sheer volume of material published in the EU in the last ten years alone is part of what makes the EU as it currently stands so huge, so complicated, so unwieldy, and ultimately so intimidating to non-fans. No one knows where to jump in, because people constantly pop up in the Lit forums asking where to start if they've never read it before. I might also add is part of what makes the EU contradictory and in need of retconning on a regular basis. Now, even if we completely scrap the EU altogether and start over, to then mass-produce new material so fast just to fill a network programming schedule can only produce the same result, and probably worse.

If anything, what Star Wars needs to do is to somewhat reduce their output per year. Reduce the output of novels, reduce the number of comic series, have only one or, at most, two television series out at any given time, and have only one film every two to three years. Why? Because there are so many Star Wars things coming out all the time each year that it isn't anything special anymore. Have Christmas every day and eventually it becomes a big so-what; same thing here. Star Wars needs to become something special again, and in part, that has to happen by making it a little more rare, not more plentiful. I don't say that just to shoot down your network idea; I say it for the greater health of the franchise, and that's the most important thing. Star Wars may be one of my favorite things, but even there, one can have too much; I love water, too, but if I'm drowning in it I'm not going to feel so well-disposed towards it.

I think your network idea will eventually come to pass, but it needs to happen when enough material has been created - at a pace that the audience can assimilate - to justify that kind of project. By that reckoning, I can't concieve that there will actually be a Star Wars network for at least ten to fifteen years, or perhaps even longer.

But one thing I do know: they'd better get James Earl Jones back into the sound booth while he's still breathing, just to record the advertising for the Star Wars Network: "THIS IS SWN." (yeah, like you guys never thought of that...) ;)

20. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    They have a TV Network called Ion Television that plays the same shows and the same exact episodes over and over again and they have a lot of informations. I am just saying that it can be done. Yea, some people hate seeing the same old things everyday but it would also encourage people to make their own shows someday.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Intuitive insights, JoeyArnoldTM.

22. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Someday there will be the Joey Arnold Network. JAN

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    And I will watch it regularly. I am already a Twitter fan.

24. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I work at a TV station and an all SW TV station would work,we air the same shows like friends,peoples court and everybody loves raymond year end and year out,so programming wouldn't be hard.They could just air one of the movies 5 times a day,then 2 hours of old Clone Wars,followed by a retro-block of Droids/Ewoks {2hrs}.Then they could have 4hrs of SW themed Parody shows,a block of documentaries,then a block of newer stuff [Detours/New Clone Wars}.Hell they could even do a 30 minute news cast of SW Weekly News.

25. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    That is probably my biggest ST fear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.