main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Darth Plagueis returning would make a crap fan film at best.

V-2 likes this.
  2. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I think it could potentially be done well. I would admittedly prefer something different though.

3. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Why? It's only like 30 years after ROTJ,,,xd

I don't know if they do it then fine. I don't want to be a jerk, maybe there's a brilliant idea here that I just don't seem to grasp. I don't get it but that doesn't give me a right to mock the idea behind the thread.

Great ideas are often first misunderstood.

4. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Fun as a fan film or a book.

As a big budget silver screen installment if the saga taking the series in a new direction after the fulfillment of the prophecy and the destruction of the Sith?

Nope.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  5. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I'd still watch it tho-then post snarky criticisms of it on this forum.

V-2 likes this.
  6. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I think they should bring him back as a sailor in the Imperial Navy.

That way, he'd be Sailor Muun.

lord_eidolon likes this.
  7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    God, these threads keep coming up.

Want fresh and new characters, really. (even if i always champion thrawn.)

8. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Why comment on a thread if you don't like it??

9. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    How about Darth Whiplash or Darth Devious? I hear Darth Surreptitious has some free time to do a film.

10. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I'm all for Plagueis, could tie the trilogy's together with him being Sidious master and maybe Anakin's father. I think it would be a great way to have a threat greater than Sidious/Vader and show that balance is not yet brought to the force. Plagueis was barely mentioned for like 2 minutes in ROTS, and IMO the movies are the only cannon I accept. If that's the case we don't even know what he looks like or how powerful he is if he learned how to cheat death, so to me he would be something new. If you want to go with something unrelated to the Skywalkers/Sidious/Prophecy, I say save it for the spin offs.

markdeez33, Ryus and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  11. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    My original question was simply a hypothetical one, like pretty much every thread on these boards. And since several people brought up the possibility, I thought I'd ask it. I agree his apparearence isn't likely, but IF he did, why would he? What would his motivation be? Would he lead the Empire or have his own agenda?

12. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    According to the novel, Plagueis wasn't as interested in ruling as Sidious was, so he probably wouldn't have big imperial asperations if he returned. He considered that stuff the "profane world", not the world of the Force which was his real expertise. Not to say he wouldn't try to rule the galaxy in some fashion, but after the backstabbing nature/failure of his apprentice, he would probably leave a secondary goal such as that in the hands of some sort of subservient beings. I highly doubt he'd want to take an apprentice this time, since he already abandoned the Rule of Two, and again, Sidious ended up being a failure.

If I had to guess, his primary goal (if he was resurrected) would be to unbalance the Force back to the dark side, and kill every remaining member of the Chosen One (Skywalker's) lineage (Luke, Leia, Jaina, Ben, and Allana) to assure his immortality. Basically, he would be a lot like Voldemort in that regard. Whereas Sidious was more like a wolf in sheep's clothing that became an evil dictator, Plagueis would be a much more blunt dark sorcerer type, pushing the limits of "magic", i.e. Midi-chlorian manipulation, etc, rather than political power.

Ryus likes this.
  13. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Ha,ha! That's okay.I just think he and his ship are cool.

14. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I thought back to TCW and TPM. Dave Filoni said that bringing Maul back was GL's decision/idea. But, go back to what GL said after TPM when people were saying they wanted Maul back. GL said that he had Maul cut in half so that people would accept that he was dead and not coming back. Hmmmm...in RotJ, the Emperor/Darth Sidious is thrown down a long shaft and the DS is blown up. Everyone assumes that Sidious is dead and never coming back. But could he? GL had also mentioned that he liked the Dark Empire comics. Hmmmm...Ian McDiramid is now signing and has even read Darth Plagueis. I don't know if he's mentioned a willingness to return, but he could. Just speculation...

15. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Ugh. Palps return would honestly be one of the things that would make me sad. I also think a new, cool, recurring villan could really lengthen the life of the franchise. (At least in terms of new content)

16. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Would also be a very, very lazy way to go!

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  17. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Brining Maul back in a TV cartoon is one thing, doing it in a movie is commercial suicide it is that bad.

18. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I can however imagine Lucas' treatments featuring a resurrected Palpatine, only to have Arndt rewrite it as a new villan.

19. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Here's hoping!

20. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I mean were there expert, psychic, Sith surgeon's waiting at the bottom of that tunnel, for a cut in half Maul to arrive, with specific medical gear to save him and get him out of there before anyone else noticed? Would Yoda and Windu, not have discussed this at Qui Gonn's funeral as the movie ended? Garbage!!!

21. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Don't forget Thrawn's magic Salamander's!

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Magic salamander's? Say what?

23. BAK

BAK Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2012
    First Post! Hello everybody!

I've been kicking this idea around for a little while and I must first say that I think this has ZERO chance of happening, it still would be something I would be intrigued by.

Ho-kay, on with the Fan-****ing:

What if Plagueis was actually able to save himself from death after all, and once Palpatine rose to power, Plagueis just decided to go back into hiding and continue his dark experiments? After all, he never really shared Palpatine's thirst for power and control. He was more like a mad scientist, and he harbors an extreme grudge against even the idea of the Sith. So he has no sights on reforming the Sith order at all.

He learns of Mace Windu's defeat and directs some of his minions to retrieve Mace's body ASAP, and he is successful at reviving him for his experiments. He is able to extend Mace's life with quite a bit of cybernetic enhancements, of course. Mace has amnesia and doesn't realize who he really is for many many years, and of course Plagueis could be filling his head with any number of twisted ideas. When he finally does regain his senses, and realizes who he used to be, (just before the new trilogy), he freaks, proclaims his hatred for the Jedi AND the Sith, and goes on a murderous crusade to cleanse the galaxy.

New movies start with Plagueis on the run from Mace. He has become very fearful of what he's unleashed, and is actually seeking the protection of the Jedi.

That would turn the story on its head: a former Sith reaching out to the Jedi for help in defeating a former Jedi master. Of course we wouldn't know any of this back story until maybe the second movie of the new trilogy, as the story starts to reveal itself.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Everytime someone asks if a character will be resurrected, they respond that it would suck if it happened. We should remember that "will happen" != "should happen".

25. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    They could dip into Dune territory some more and have the Jedi imposing a theocracy, with Leia as the big bad.

Count Yubnub likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.