main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    There's a simple formula for determining whether or not the Sith will be in the new trilogy. Disney/Lucasfilm will NOT make a Star Wars movie without a lightsaber duel, period. If you think otherwise, you're nuts. Now in order for there to be a lightsaber duel, one of the combatants must either be a Sith or a Dark Jedi, otherwise the duel wouldn't take place. So the formula would look like this: 100% chance of a lightsaber duel = at least a 50% one of the combatants will be a Sith, or at least a 50% chance one of the combatants will be a Dark Jedi.

Bottom line: at least a 50% chance of the Sith being in the movie.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Are you trying to apply logic and reason on a message board? Good luck....you're gonna need it. :)

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Oooo you're using the maths to prove your point? I love using the maths on the internets!!

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    They could use non-force sensitive villains with sabers. Like Viszla from The Clone Wars - wielding an ancient lightsaber. Or Grievous.

agentkrycek likes this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Generally speaking, no match for a Jedi. For example, Typho's win against Aurra Sing was only due to a lucky break when he shorted out her implant.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Right. TCW's season 3 episode "Hunt for Ziro" gave us a pretty good look at this when Cad Bane managed to get ahold of Quinlan Vos' lightsaber and attacked Obi-Wan Kenobi. Bane cackled madly and offered a couple of wild slashes which Obi-Wan easily parried before quickly disarming the bounty hunter.

7. I_Died_Once

I_Died_Once Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2005
    I know I already posted this, can't imaging why it was deleted...

So, one idea would be for Palpatine's force ghost could come and influence some young, new, promising Jedi going through any given conflict, pulling them towards the Dark Side. Then, Yoda could come back as a force ghost as well and present a new prophesy that another would bring balance back to the force, and theres your segway into many more Episodes.

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    You need someone witht he force to be able to challenge the Jedi; otherwise they get their butt kicked too easy.

9. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I would like to see a different *sort* of Dark Side threat that the Jedi have never faced before.

10. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    Generally I'd expect to see the Sith back. The prophecy is wooly enough that you can get around the destroy the Sith part - personally I expect that Anakin's sacrifice did not actually bring balance to the Force but just corrected the damage that he did to it by helping destroy the Jedi and bring the Sith to the ascendency. Now there is a chance for his children (and grandchildren) to bring a lasting balance to the Force. This means that his sacrifice was not wasted and created an opportunity to bring peace - but also allows for the Sith to not be destroyed yet.

11. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

12. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'd rather not see more Sith. I mean, the Sith weren't exactly all that successful, were they? Darth Maul gets sliced in half way too easily, Palpatine gets tossed over a railing with minimal resistance, Vader ends up giving leave to the dark side over his son. I'm not talking about any EU Sith, just the movies. Let's get something even more dangerous than the Sith.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    There don't need to be any Sith in the sequels. Come up with something new.

14. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    So there seem to be two factions of thought on this subject.

1) The Sith being extinct means they cannot re-emerge even via teachings of holocrons, etc.
    2) The Sith is just an ideology within the dark side of the Force that can be regained via the holocrons.

I'm not sure it has to be so stark. Sith is an ideology (perhaps derived from an original race if you take in that particular aspect of the EU). I think we all agree that Luke's triumph over the Emperor and the death of Vader does not mean that the dark side has come to an end. So with the dark side still present, and a dark sider getting their hands on a Sith holocron what is to stop them from re-establishing a Sith order to the best of their understanding? Those with feelings that the Sith are extinct could agree that they could be Sith "in name only." And those with their views that the Order can be re-established can view it as the same ideology reborn.

And I have to say, I do not think a new "imbalance" to the Force undermines the prophecy. I think it is understood that balance has to be protected.

15. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    The Sith did take over the entire Galactic Republic with minimal direct casualties of their own, destroying the Jedi Order along the way. I think they were quite successful.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    True, but Pre Vizla the Death Watch leader did very well weilding the Darksaber against Obi Wan until Kenobi's Force abilities turned the fight in his favour.

17. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think the prophecy has ever been clarified, though. I also don't think it actually said he would destroy the Sith, just "bring balance"

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Per Lucas its destroying the Sith that did that.

19. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    Yeah, I don't think the prophecy itself mentioned the Sith, but someone earlier did point out an Obi-Wan quote to Anakin: "you were supposed to destroy the Sith." So at least some interpreted it that way.

20. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Maybe for a while, but they couldn't keep control of it. In the end, they were weak. And the Sith only gave the order to destroy the Jedi; the Clonetroopers took care of the rest.

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Vader did do a bit of hunting down afterwards. About 200 Jedi survived Order 66, but by A New Hope, they'd been whittled down to a bare handful.

22. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Don't see how "just giving the order" diminishes the sheer brutality of what Vader and Palpatine accomplished. Don't see anyone going on about how it was actually the NKVD that actually murdered most of the officers in Stalin's Red Army purges, or how nameless SS soldiers actually murdered millions of Jews, or how it wasn't King Phillip that personally decimated the Knights Templar, do you? The guy giving the orders gets the dubious credit.

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    As Leia put it: "The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You're right about that, but as you say, the Force makes the difference and I don't see why a Jedi wouldn't use it for defense in battle. It's certainly interesting and cool to witness when a Jedi faces off against a highly-skilled non-Force sensitive warrior (Kenobi v. Fett was great), but I don't know that it holds up over the long run.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Wait how can you be a sith? I thought they were extinct?!"
    "I hid under a rock."

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.