main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your version of Events - Season 5

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CloneWarsRescored, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Well alot of people have been complaining how this season is not as good as the trailers, and how other season's have been like this! I agree with some of you, I enjoy every episode but I would have preferred it if the Young Jedi Arc would have been more mature in a sense and if the first two Droid episodes would have more darker.

So in this thread, feel free to post some of your ideas on how you would change each episode to make it better!
    Here are some of mine for example!

Front Runners - Was not really needed, but the plot should of been different and had more of a variety instead of just being as basic as it was.

Young Jedi ARC - One of the children should of tried to stand up to Grievous and been injured badly resulting in maybe a hand or arm sliced off?

Feel free to post ideas on other seasons!

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Good idea! This definitely needed a thread!

Revival: Don't kill off Adi Gallia so carelessly. Have Savage and Maul throw more stuff around, and stomp on stuff, too. Give Yoda an afro.

A War on Two Fronts: They didn't spend enough time practicing throwing grenades. There were more lessons to be learned and I felt they hadn't learned how to throw grenades well enough.

Front Runners: I could have used more rebel enthusiasm from random bystanders. I felt that they weren't behind the rebels enough.

The Soft War: The public execution should have turned into a Mexican standoff between the King, the General and the Rebels.

Tipping Points: Hondo should have shown up with a line of pirate sailing ships and destroyed the droid gunships with a huge broadside.

The Gathering: They should have played "the floor is lava". There just wasn't enough lava at all.

A Test of Strength: Huyang wasn't funny enough. He should have told more jokes.

Bound for Rescue: They should have cut the space battle to spend more time on the circus.

A Necessary Bond: Grievous should have wounded Ahsoka and the kids should have come to her rescue. Grievous should have fought all the kids at once and lost.

Secret Weapons: Just not enough action. The whole episode should have been astromech droids vs battle droids.

A Sunny Day in the Void: They all should have turned on each other. Gascon would have been the first to die. The last two would have been R2 vs WAC and R2 would win.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Sunny Day in the Void - Cut it down to two characters, a sentient and a droid. The sentient (maybe Gascon, depending) should be established as an individual who, from the start, clearly doesn't give a damn about droids (this was not clear from Gascon's stance in the show, since he acknowledged the droids as comrades-in-arms in the previous episode). Have the sentient learn his arguments with the droid about reason and existence don't correlate, and he has a difficult time substantiating them. Don't let him go bonkers unless there's a real reason to at the end.

EDIT:

4. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "Dark" does not automatically make an episode better.

5. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    When Lux fell, Ahsoka could not help him and they both fell.

Cevan and DarthTalgus like this.
  6. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I liked almost all your ideas.

Except a few that caught my eye. First off I would still kill Adi Galia off. But instead I would make it more dramatic. I would have her struggle for her life a little longer while Obi watches as she loses ground and eventually gets overpowered and killed in a dramatic fashion( insert horns to chest here).

I liked your idea of Grievous fighting all the younglings at once. But instead of losing. Have the younglings hold off Grievous just enough time for Hondo to come and rescue them all.

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Give a damn, I do not.

Seerow likes this.
  10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I thought this would be about people summarizing the episode in their own.. certain POV.

Maybe the thread should be "Your changes to Season 5" instead?

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I liked Savage's murder of Adi Gallia, it showed that Savage could kill Council members which plays nicely into his conflict with Sidious where he lasts as long as Mace Windu did. This shows that he's well above the average Council members who got cut down by Sidious within seconds. Savage's many feats were quite impressive and built the image of him being a mighty juggernaut. That made the shock level high when Sidious killed him.

It's a testament to Savage Opress's power and training that it took the most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith ever to kill him.

I wouldn't have changed a thing about the Darth Maul arc, it was perfect as is, though I might have moved it up into the first half of the season. The Onderon and Droid arcs were extremely boring and Revival was the only interesting episode of the first half of Season 5.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    First and foremost of my S5 changes... the droid arc goes away... all of it.

Cevan, FARK2005 and Vialco like this.
  13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Would have completely axed the Droid arc and added the Clovis arc, so now the season would have looked like:

Revival > Onderon > Young Jedi > Clovis > Maul > Ahsoka.

After that, I would have added another episode to the Maul episodes between Shades of Reason and The Lawless, to wrap up the takeover of Mandalore, extended the start of the Battle of Mandalore. Pretty much it, a 21 episode season.

14. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    My events.....

--Start with a Savage/maul arc (3 Episodes)

Showing Savage and Maul being badasses. In 2 episodes... Make the events seen in the newsreel a single episode, with another episode of their story....

In the 3rd episode they should take on dooku somehow but loose to to him having soldiers come and save him.

--Next the onderon arc (3 Episodes)

Merge WO2F & FR into one episode.

Keep Tipping points & Softwar as is

--Youngling Arc (3 Episodes)

Keep the gathering, however have hondo shoot their ship down at the end and take ahsoka prisoner while the younglings escape

Completely scrap a test of strength

Keep bound for rescue and Necessary bond

--Droid Duo (2 Episodes)

Okay this is gona need some serious editing... First things first, no drednot... just have the Colonel and them on a delivery mission Then they get chased by sepratists, go into hyperspace to escape but crash into the ice crystals and crashland on abathar

Second episode, have 5 minutes of them like wondering around like Sunny day in the void, then move right onto Mission in action. Completely cut point of no return, end of the arc

--Clovis arc or Fives arc (3 Episodes)

it would have been great to see these episodes in their rightful order

--Maul/Mandalore Arc (4 Episodes)

Have revival as is

Have Eminence, except make them get stopped by a republic cruiser on the way and have vizsla savage and maul take on a few jedi but leave no survivors. to do this cut out the battle on tatooine... also on nal hutta maul should have killed that female zabrak and savage should have killed embo (after we got more embo from the previous arc)

They regroup and retake mandalore, basically exactly like shades of reason. Vizsla is killed

Lawless, no Sidious IMO, it was a plot copout... just have obiwan coming seeing the dutches killed then escaping. Maul and savage both live....

--Ahsoka arc (4 Episodes)

Replace the droids like cruso with jedi like cin drallig or other jedi doing the investigation. We had enough of droids.

Keep the last 3 episodes EXACTLY as is

THERE WE ARE. a full 22 episode season that perfect!!

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Such true words! So true...

My version of S5 episodes.... HMmmmmmmmmm....

Revival: Adi Gallia should have been given to Grievous as a tribute to the old days of the comics and give him a Jedi Kill that would show that he is a real threat to people in the show. Giving it to Savage was a lame idea.

Onderon: Should have been a 3 part story with A War On two fronts be combined with Front Runners so it could feel faster and more compact.

Young Jedi: I have nothing to say against it and nothing to fix. Maybe if Ahsoka was not in it and just focused on Hondo, the Younglings and Grievous would have been fine - but that is just wishful thinking and not hating on such a great arc.

Droids arc: I would loved this arc, but I would have loved if they met Gregor in the end of "Sunny Day" and then have almost two episode to focus on him. It would have been awesome if we ended an episode with Gascon being shocked that he has met a clone in such a place as Pons Ora...

Maul arc: My least fave arc of this season. I do not know where to begin with my "version" of this. But a few key things I would mention is that they should have introduced the Black Sun before in a more detailed and interesting way. Not just a throwaway fan service, if they were going to be so many events and things. One extra episode would have been needed to have the pace be better. And have Bo-Katan and Satine's shared past be explored in previous seasons, NOT just be mentioned at the end of this arc.

Ahsoka finale arc: Perfect arc! But I would have put in one or two "red herrings" to throw Ahsoka off her trail and to throw us of our trail...

Overall great season... a Season I would do change less than I would have Season Four - Now THAT is a season I would change a lot.

16. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Droids arc: Cut to Anakin in the shower like Bobby Ewing. The whole thing was a weird dream Padme had after too much Corellian wine!

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    If there was anything I would've change, it'd be to make the Onderon arc three episodes instead of four, by merging 'A War on Two Fronts' and 'Front Runners', or 'Front Runners' and 'The Soft War' together, which would make room for the Clovis arc and season five would've had 22 episodes. Everything else was great IMO.

18. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    These threads always sucker me in like James Woods to candy. :p

First thing's first, the Maul arc would begin immediately after "Revenge" and quasi-adapt Sith Hunters. We'd see Obi-Wan try to take Ventress into custody (and fail), we'd see Mace authorize a strike team of Masters to pursue Maul quickly and quietly, and we'd see Maul adopt a visible mentor role to Savage rather than merely imply it. They'd stumble across a CIS-Republic battle, decimate both, and kidnap the Jedi commanders. Obi-Wan and co. find out and give chase. Maul lures them into a trap to test Savage's powers against Jedi Masters a la "Lair of Grievous." Obi-Wan and Maul verbally spar as Savage dukes it out with a Master or two; Maul is still recovering and uses a captive as leverage against Obi-Wan. Adi dies at Savage's hands, the brothers retreat, the Republic loses big time. The Council meet with Palpatine, who takes them to task for their subversion and failure.

Everything can more or less play out as seen (though preferably with more expansion). Maul recruits the criminals and aligns with Death Watch while training Savage; Bo-Katan is skeptical but Viszla has plans to betray the brothers when his goals are achieved. Maul begins to conquer Mandalore; Sidious contacts Dooku and orders him to invade and kill Maul. The Separatists attack, interrupting the war between Viszla and Satine. They briefly ally: Viszla & Bo-Katan lead a space battle to repulse the Separatists as Satine & rally support behind them. Savage lays waste to droids. Meanwhile, Dooku slips onto Sundari and duels Maul. When the Count gets the upper hand, Savage joins the fight and Dooku retreats, along with the remnant of the Separatist armada, and reluctantly informs Sidious of his failure. Consequently, the public views Death Watch and Viszla as heroes. Maul reveals this was part of his plan: to legitimize Viszla. Satine is ousted and imprisoned for further use.

In control of Mandalore, Viszla, savvy to Sith treachery, then enacts his own endgame and attempts to assassinate the brothers. He comes close, Maul is caught off guard and Savage loses an arm. The leaderless gangsters scatter to the winds. Maul and Savage fight their way through Death Watch but understand they can't win alone. So Maul challenges Viszla to single combat. Cue badass fight; Viszla is ultimately beaten. Bo-Katan reveals that they set the entire thing up: Bo-Katan betrayed Viszla a while back and deliberately botched the attempt on the brothers in exchange for control of Death Watch. But Maul double crosses her in turn, killing Viszla personally and claiming leadership of Death Watch. Bo-Katan and her faction flee.

"The Lawless" plays out similarly: Maul allows Satine to escape, Satine contacts Obi-Wan and is recaptured. The Council, smarting from Palpatine's rebuke on the Maul front, cannot intervene in a neutral world. Obi-Wan borrows the Twilight from Anakin without telling him, in order to avoid implicating him. Obi-Wan attempts to rescue Satine, fails, and watches her execution. He is rescued by Bo-Katan, whose forces have openly attacked Sundari, earning Maul's wrath. Obi-Wan is unable to change the tide of the battle, Bo-Katan urges him to flee and bring Republic reinforcements, he reluctantly does, but not before sensing a powerful surge of the Dark Side. At the palace, Maul is meditating when Savage and commandos intrude and inform him that the palace is under attack. Maul is skeptical, citing reports that Bo-Katan has been driven to the city's edge. Savage produces a hologram showing guards being slaughtered by an unseen "killer Jedi." Maul assumes it's a dark!Obi-Wan and relishes the challenge but Savage's troops drop dead and Savage is hurled aside. The doors open and Sidious walks in; Maul freaks but kneels, reaching for his blade when Sidious's back is turned; Sidious chokes the brothers, throws them through a window. They fight outside. It's more of a challenge than previously depicted and also more epic: the brothers use the Force against Sidious. Eventually, he has Savage in a grip and is about to kill him but Maul intervenes. Savage hangs in mid-air as Sidious and Maul duel; Maul is disarmed of his lightsaber first, then his dark saber. Then, he reaches for the old double blade. But even that isn't enough and is disarmed a third time after a badass sequence. Sidious is about to kill Maul, who looses a storm of Force lightning on Sidious in desperation. Sidious deflects it a la Yoda and pins Maul to a wall. He allows Savage to comfort his brother; Maul commands Savage to run, and Savage evades Sidious and slips away. Sidious and Maul have a very brief chat before Sidious guts him. Then, Bo-Katan arrives as Sidious slips into the shadows. She claims the darksaber as her companions land, claiming she killed Maul.

Bo-Katan ascends the throne, having called off Death Watch. She dismisses her attendants when her hologram beeps: she kneels before the caller, Sidious; she informs him Maul's body was cremated and ashes were scattered, per his orders. Sidious informs her that the Republic will intervene and that she will rule over Mandalore under its protection. She asks about the surviving brother, but Sidious is unconcerned. He has plans for Savage; everything is going as planned.

Cut to a saddened and seriously pissed Savage fleeing into space.

Still has its holes, but that's a rough outline. Maul returns, is given a long arc (6 episodes or so, IMHO) where he gets to be all sorts of badass, but is then given a proper farewell and a final death. Bo-Katan is no longer Ventress, deux, but a cold and calculating villain who is as wicked as any male baddie. Savage actually progresses as a fighter instead of a clumsy brute and Maul's death sets him up for a final arc of his own. Dooku's formidability is reaffirmed by pretty much beating Maul on his own, but fleeing before the brothers; precipitating the need for Sidious to intervene personally. All sorts of chessmastering and gambiting going on that people like myself can appreciate.

Thoughts? Comments, criticisms?

19. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Front Runners wasn't all that necessary at all.

20. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Here is a list of things that would have made Season 5 a lot better for me...

Nute Gunray to have been on the Onderon arc instead of Dooku.
    Okallin to have had a bigger role.
    Instead of General Kalani a flesh villain to have been sent to Onderon and for that villain to have been critical of the job that Rash and and Okallin did keeping control of the system.
    CIS flesh villains in the droid arc, there was a lot of potential for Separatist villains in this arc, but all we got was Super Tactical Droids.
    Grievous to have killed someone important like Gwarm or the Ishi Tib pirate.
    A lot of Death Watch Soldiers to have been killed when Maul and his allies were fighting the Hutts, those fights were too one sided.
    The Jedi Temple Guards to have been shown in action.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Let's see:

Revival: Show Maul and Savage as threats but don't kill Adi Gallia.

Onderon arc: Steela is not after Lux. Let Ahsoka be sweet on him so that Anakin can continue to be a hypocrite about "attachments" while giving her that understanding gaze, but Steela and Saw are just two people that they are working with on that planet.

Young Jedi arc: Another Jedi, an actual adult, must go along with Ahsoka and the younglings on the mission. Let Ahsoka do something completely stupid and rash and get her ass kicked while the adult Jedi saves the younglings.

Droids arc: Keep Missing in Action just for Gregor. Scrap the rest of it, replace it with the Clovis arc.

Mauldalore: The Hutts actually put up a little more of a fight before joining Maul, or leave the Hutts out completely. Satine orders her guards to fight back instead of whining like a ***** when the Black Sun and Pyke clans show up. And cut the dialogue between Maul and Obi-Wan while Maul is choking Satine. Satine probably lost the will to live while listening to that bull****.

Ahsoka arc: The villain is someone other than Barriss. An OC whom Ahsoka trained with when they were younglings or something. Ahsoka, when going down the steps of the Temple, trips, falls off the landing platform with an "EEEEE!" and lands 200 stories below with a nice splat. In a bonus scene, Anakin goes back into the Council chambers and tells them all to GFT.

22. Hercu Dogla

Hercu Dogla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Overall I liked season 5 for the most part... sure I felt like a lot of it didn't really focus to much on the story of TCW like the young jedi arc or droid arc and were just there to kill some time but I don't think too much really needed to be changed. Would have liked to see Maul and Savage get a little more screen time and have maybe Savage fall to one of the Jedi instead of Sidious before he comes in and kidnaps Maul. Other than that though I thought they did a pretty decent job.

Although Sable_Hart's depiction would be pretty badass

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    1. Remove Droid arc completely.
    2. Keep the YJ episode on Ilum as a stand-a-lone episode and discard the remaining three.
    3. Insert Clovis arc back in
    4. Establish continued friction between Savage and Maul. As Maul begins to ascend to power on Mandalore, it becomes increasingly obvious that he's not sharing any of it with Savage. During the fight with Sidious Maul winds up in a situation similar to Asajj where he begins to order Savage around. Two options here:
    • Maul becomes overpowered by Sidious and begins to order Savage to attack him. Savage abandons the fight and leaves Maul to be killed by Sidious
    • Savage kills Maul himself, and then the remainder plays out the same only with Sidious' interest being piqued by Savage, who this guy is and why he's so immensely powerful. He tells Savage that he may have some use for him ---> episode where Dooku is in the predicament of Sidious now being allied with Dooku's failed apprentice who was intended to help Dooku overthrow Sidious.
    5. Changes to Onderon:
    • Rash is in power and the legitimate king. He is fiercely loyal to Dooku and does not believe that Dooku would have killed Mina. Lux is rallying the anti-CIS segments of society, but there is still a sizable portion of Onderonian citizens that believe in Dooku and the CIS cause, believe Mina was killed by the Republic, and believes that the Rebels are traitors being funded by the Republic.
    • The Rebels are trying to overthrow the King, drive the CIS influence from the planet, and replace the monarchy with Dendup who serves as a revolutionary leader and former politician.
    • Have Master Koth and a new Jedi involved in the training of the rebels, not Obi-Wan or Anakin. Ahsoka is there simply because she is able to facilitate relations with the rebels due to her acquaintance with Lux.
    • The tide turns against the Rebels and the Jedi abandon them because there can be no evidence that the Jedi were in any way involved, lest there be political backlash. Dendup and Steela are caught and executed as traitors. Saw and Lux are left with the decision of abandoning the rebel movement or continuing to proceed without Republic aid. Lux believes Ahsoka to be a traitor.
    6. Onderon arc placed closer to Fugitive arc.
    7. Events of the aforementioned revised Onderon arc (Jedi abandoning Onderon rebels, leading to execution of Saw and Steela) begin to promote growing dissent within the Jedi Order by individuals such as Barriss, Eeth Koth, Ahsoka, and others.
    • Jedi attitudes on the matter are split - some feel like they have to appease the senate while others feel that they must always do the right thing, even if it means defying the senate.
    • The bombing occurs in the senate, not the Jedi Temple, but a Jedi is believed to be involved. Jedi known to be increasingly vocal over the Onderon screw up like Barriss, Ahsoka and Koth are apprehended pending an investigation.
    • Barriss is a red herring.
    • Koth or some other Jedi introduced in the Onderon arc and carried throughout the fugitive arc proves to be guilty and affiliated with Count Dooku. The growing schism splits with some Jedi openly leaving the Order and joining the CIS under the belief that the Jedi should rule and not be held subservient to the Senate.
    **I would articulate more, but at the moment I have to leave :p**

Sable_Hart likes this.
  24. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    - I think "The Lawless" would have been much better split up into two episodes. It just felt far too rushed, and I would've liked to see that scene Filoni talked about where Anakin and Ahsoka let Obi-Wan take the Twilight. Splitting it up my have also allowed us to see more of the actual battle, and possibly even see Sidious leave with Maul.

- I would've completely taken out the D-Squad arc and put the Clovis arc in its place. Sure, we'd have one less episode, but I'd much rather have 3 episodes that actually look like they have some great stuff in them than 4 episodes that are terrible.

- Personally, I don't think Adi should've gotten killed in Revival. I would've rather them kept her alive for Grievous to kill later on.

- I would've liked to have seen Petro attempt to engage Grievous in the Young Jedi arc and get beaten up badly by Grievous. If they had done this, I would've liked Grievous to kill Petro, but due to the more kiddy theme in the arc that probably wouldn't happen.

25. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Revival - Replace Adi Gallia with Eeth Koth.

JackG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.