main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    M. Night directing the movie would be a twist all by itself.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Federal trade commission approves Disney Purchas of Lucas Film.

Disney/Lucasfilm deal okayed by Federal Trade Commission

The Walt Disney Company is one big step closer to formally purchasing Lucasfilm.
    The Federal Trade Commission announced Tuesday that it has granted Disney an early termination of the statutory antitrust waiting period for all major company acquisitions. In plain terms, it means the government has determined there aren’t any lingering issues with Disney’s purchase of Lucasfilm, and the process of formally finishing the $4.05 billion deal can move forward.
    As it happens, Disney also announced today that it just signed an exclusive agreement with Netflix for the VOD rights to all of its various theatrical releases, which included Pixar and Marvel films — but not Lucasfilm movies (e.g. Star Wars movies), since the deal has not been completed.

3. I_Died_Once

I_Died_Once Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2005
    I think in the tradition of releasing Episode 4,5 and 6 first, then 1,2, then 3... they should just skip to Episode 10,11, and 12 before making Episodes 7,8, and 9.

-NaTaLie- and Darth_Meanders like this.
  4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    LOL Right out of left field since I don't believe I've read one article stating that he;s even being considered -- THANKFULLY!

Bazinga'd likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I have not seen a article indicating he was interested, but there have been at least one that threw his name out there. Like you, I hope M. Night has nothing to do with Star Wars

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It's a bit soon for a remake ;)

[​IMG]

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    God I hope it's not a remake of Titan A.E. Such a great freaky little childhood gem. I will hate M. Night forever and ever if he decides to do that.

8. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Samuel L. Jackson Wants to be in Star Wars: Episode VII

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97925

December 10, 2012​
    Recently it's been all about what directors do and don't want to get in on the Star Wars game, but now it has shifted to actors. Samuel L. Jackson, who portrayed Jedi Master Mace Windu in the prequel trilogy, has a lot of interest in coming back for the new sequel.

"I'm not surprised but totally geeked by the idea of there being more Star Wars," Jackson told E! News. "It's like, okay, Obi-Wan was dead when episode four started, so maybe everyone thinks I'm dead and we'll find out what happened to Mace Windu. I can come back as one-armed or a one-handed Jedi that's still around that didn't actually die."

"I could do that or be a ghost hologram. I don't care, I just want to stay associated with the franchise."

But what is it about the franchise that makes Jackson want to return so badly?

"I just always loved it. I always loved the idea of it, that there's this whole civilization out there somewhere else that's just as much fun and different and diverse and wild as we are."

Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015.

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]
    "I have had it with these *********ing sith on this *********ing planet!"

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Really, Obi-Wan was dead when Episode 4 started? Hmm. Also, Force ghosts and holograms aren't the same thing. I think the only accurate part of his entire statement is the "I don't care, I just want to stay associated with the franchise" part. :oops:

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree. I am sorely disappointed that Jackson doesn't commit the time to sit at home and study Wookiepedia, keep up on our terminology, and mindlessly allows his enthusiasm to get in the way of acurately recalling a sequence of film. We'd be much better off if the people who wanted to be part of our beloved franchise could have the deceny to not have a life...

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    None of that is required to know which episode Obi-Wan died in. Of course actors don't have to be rabid fans, but it's still preferable for them to have a basic working knowledge of the universe they're portraying a part of. That's true of anything, too, not just SW.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  13. Force.Child

Force.Child Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2012
    I am not sure how i feel about this... Im excited to see what they are able to do, but how are they garenteed to get the same actors? Constancy is a huge thing for me, and as we all know, we can't do star wars without the original actors!! Who's with me? :D

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm big on constancy, as well.

15. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Samuel L. Jackson as Lando's third cousin, Brando Calrissian.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No because see Obi-Wan is actually a clone!! You see his name is actually OB-1. It all makes absolute(ly) (no) sense now!!

17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    OMGZ I remember that rumor before the PT began.

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    You should have been here during. :p The clone theories got pretty wild.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't want to see any characters from the Prequels. Let's keep the past in the past, shall we?

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree. I hope we don't see anythng from the past at all. There better not be any OT characters, either.

-NaTaLie- and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  21. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I loved that OB1 :rolleyes: nonsense and the ensuing Palpatine-has-an-evil-clone/twin-who-is-Sidious brouhaha. Evidently, the actual plots of the PT were not Byzantine *enough* for some. Then, when Padme had secret training as a Sith, it all hit the fan.

22. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I have a feeling you'll be very disappointed.

Vicious Jedi likes this.
  23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It would be difficult to link the films together with no previous characters appearing.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    There was also the theory that Palpatine was secretely in love with Padme. Very strange.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  25. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Guh I think I need to go shower now :p

JainaSoloYJK likes this.