main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should 3PO and R2 open the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Articulate, Dec 9, 2012.

1. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Artoo and Threepio will look as they always do.

If EVII opens in the middle of some conflict - then expect them to have a worn look to them similar to how they were when ANH opened.

If there is some set up - then they will be shiny and clean looking.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The OT, with ANH, started with the action already in progress and still had us see R2 and C-3PO first... so that could still work.

3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Oh, there's stuff they can do with him... depending on the state of the galaxy, they could even begin with him as in a state of further deterioration (e.g., one-armed, damaged head, etc.).

4. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    There's plenty they can do with him. They could make him a different color, or ugrade his design. He is a machine, after all...

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I disagree. Any other finish than gold and he's not the same. Upgrades? Meh. He could sustain some more damage though . . . I don't see a need to change him though. I was just kidding before.

6. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not saying there's definitely a need to change him. I'm just saying they could if they wanted to. And I don't see a reason why not. He didn't have a gold finish in the prequels until Episode 3 and he was still the same basic character.

7. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    R2: looks the same, maybe give him a new gadget to show off at some point (so that we can all say," WHY DIDNT HE USE THAT BEFORE!?")

3P0: fixed up like at the end of ANH, but I think he should have been resently memory erased. so he can talk about how he still isnt used to space travel.

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    He was in different states of his evolution. Golden Rod won't be Golden Rod if he's finished in a different metal or color. And now I'm starting to regret bringing it up. :p

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope so!

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Those three opening as a prologue of what has gone before wouldn't be that bad I don't think

11. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    A related question...what about "i've got a bad feeling about this"...do you think those little traditions (and there are more of course) will continue?

I see no reason why they would not, personally.

12. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope they continue it for consistency's sake. As for that line's artistic merit, it never struck me as making much of a difference.

13. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Wouldn't the movie start on Tatooine?