main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation the things Disney could do with the SW franchaise.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWars2015, Dec 5, 2012.

1. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    No art has been leaked at all, unfortunately. I would love to see some of it, but I imagine it won't be seen at all until they decide what they are doing with the series.

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Just imagine that Sunday night line up.... 7 pm wonderful world of disney (Or 7pmAFV/8pmOnce Upon a Time), 9pm SHIELD, 10 pm Star Wars: Underworld

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Sorry family guy, I'll catch you on HULU

4. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I'm on board with all of that, except for #6. That would just be weird.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    1. Make it a TV Show and Im in
    2. Include Zayne, the Exile, and and the SIth Triumvir, and Atton Rand and I'm IN
    3. YES YES YES!!!!
    4. Make it TV/Combine it with 1 and I'm In
    5. Make it TV/Combine it with 1 and 4 and I'm In
    6. NO NO NO!!!
    7. Eh Sure

Ryus likes this.
  6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's what I thought, scum. A few pieces of concept art would really stir the imagination and get me even more psyched for the Live Action show then I already am.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    1) An Anime Star Wars series that takes place between Episode 6 and 7.
    2) Live action series - odds are, this will probably happen.
    3) A Knights of the Old Republic movie.
    4) A Christopher Nolan Boba Fett trilogy set during Episodes II - VI (cmon, think of the connection - guy wears a mask and his parent died right in front of him, give him the gritty dark voice back from the O-OT release and we'd be good ;))

8. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    "I've buried enough members of the Fett family! I buried your muvver! I buried your favver!"

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Mansion on Mandolore?

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "You don't kill these people anymore. You've killed them with everything."
    "Not everything. Not yet."

KED12345 likes this.
  11. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    1) I'm sure we'll get something between VI and VII, dunno if it will be anime though.
    2) I wouldn't be so sure. Disney owns the scripts but they may decide to do something different with them or nothing at all.
    3) Maybe as a direct-to-DVD animinated thing. A full theatrical release would probably be confusing to the non-hard core fans.
    4) He is the most overrated filmmaker out there right now. Keep him away from Star Wars.

12. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
  13. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    As we all know, Disney has effectively canceled the future production of the clone wars and has halted the production of Detours.
    http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

We also know the anticipated game "1313" has also been put on hold.

I'm wondering if Disney is slowing trying to cut ties with anything prior to "A New Hope"? Are they trying to start a new, fresh "version" of Star Wars based on EP7?

I know, for the PT haters, it's a great thing. Understood. However we know the post-ROTJ EU is under attack in EP7. Pre ANH content is being halted. Is there any concern that Disney is wiping the slate totally clean and ONLY a Disney version will exist in the future?

14. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Disney is already doing what they want. Putting everything on hold and cancelling other things. The gestapo has come.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    the things Disney could do with the SW franchaise

Not much, actually. Francaise is a specific style of preparing food, so there is only so much one can do with it.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Blörk! [face_sick]

Sith_Knight087 likes this.
  17. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    1. Movie wasn't what I had in mind, I was thinking more of the Underworld series...we'll see
    2. Trilogy yes, I would like to see that
    3. I could very much see that happening in the next few years
    4. I don't know about a movie, but I could see something like that in the Underworld series, if and when it happens
    5. I could see that and I would be alright with it
    6. NO! No. No. No. Sorry, but NO period, I like the Avengers and Star Wars but together is just a no no so end of discussion.
    7. Not at the top of my list but I wouldn't be surprised

18. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I think some kind of KOTOR franchise is pretty inevitable. The first one is one of the most well known, respected and fondly remembered videogames of all time. Plus it would allow the kind of epic scale Star Wars is eventually going to have to tackle.

Ryus likes this.
  19. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    *force choke followed by lightsaber decapitation* :p

DarthBreezy likes this.
  20. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Never thought of that as a possibility - i.e. using the scripts for the LAS for an animated series set between Episodes III and IV. I'd be happy with that, although I'd still rather see a LAS if at all possible.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Remember that rumor about Darth Vader returning? Perhaps that rumor comes from plans for movies in between ROTS and ANH.

22. princessnikki

princessnikki Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2012
    Here is your number 6!

[​IMG]

Lord Optimus likes this.
  23. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    That rumour comes from the same place as every other rumour so far - people taking guesses (some educated, some not so educated) to drive up their web traffic.

I mean, don't get me wrong: Vader is the most iconic character in Star Wars, so of course we're going to see more of him. I just don't that anybody out of a select few knows of any specific plans just yet.

24. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    What I'd most like? And I say this as someone who enjoyed the Prequels overall... I'd like to see a return to the "space opera" feel, the FUN feel, of the Classic three movies. Sure, ESB had dark moments, as did ROTJ, but overall the "classic" three had a fun "Flash Gordonesque" feel that I'd like to return to. Make the new movies FUN. I'd like to see a story in which, in the balance, the good guys triumph, after the "downfall" theme of the Prequels.

DarthBreezy, Jedi Comedian and Ryus like this.
  25. Teasser38

Teasser38 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012