main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lucas clarifies his 'consultant' role

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I've read a stack of EU and tbh couldn't care less what they write over. Star Trek does the same thing, it doesnt interfere. I can live with an AU and what the current films are up to. Blimey! Two months ago we didn't have new movies! Lets celebrate that. New. Star. Wars. With. Luke!!!!!!

V-2, KilroyMcFadden and Artoo-Dion like this.
  2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Agreed, no matter what, we are all SW fans first, EU fans second. I read EU because I cared about what happened to the Skywalker Solos after EP 6. Now I get to see it...

V-2 and Jeff Vader like this.
  3. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Except Star Wars isn't Star Trek and always had a different system for contunuity to begin with

4. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    It's not really significant. By Lucas Licensing's own rules, the films have no onus to respect the EU canon. IOW, from the POV of the films, the EU is apocrypha.

V-2 likes this.
  5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Then why the hell bother with a keeper of contunuity

Not to mention the fact TCW is EU

6. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Everything released after Episode IV is technically EU. One could argue Darth Vader is not Luke's father... Han and Leia arent the romance. Luke and Leia are siblings.

7. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I dunno; ask them. I didn't make the rules.

My guess, however, is that Chee's job is simply to make sure the EU agrees with itself and the films. So everything classified as G, T and C is canon for the purposes of the EU, and so they all must agree with each other--that's where Chee comes in. OTOH, for the purposes of the films, G continuity is the only thing they need to pay attention to.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Why are we discussing the EU and Episode 7 outside the EU thread? Seriously, this has both zero to do with George being a consultant and is disallowed discussion outside the stickied thread at the top of the page. If we can't get the conversation back to the OP this is getting locked.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  9. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    They've been discussing the Eu (Or how it's somehow magically invalidated) sense the first page
    That is terrible logic and you feel terrible

10. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    True enough, but from a strictly commercial take on things, you have to ask how many people you're going to baffle by contradicting certain media.

If Episode VII contradicts Episode V, that's going to leave pretty much everyone scratching their heads.

If Episode VII contradicts TCW, that may take some people by surprise, but most understand that a major motion picture takes precedence over an animated TV show.

If Episode VII contradicts Balance Point, maybe 100 people will care, if that.

V-2 likes this.
  11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    And above is the only warning. Either stick to the OP or this is locked.

Edit: Enough. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.