main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars 1313

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 3, 2012.

1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  2. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Why do they keep making games no one has asked for...

We keep demanding Battlefront 3

We keep demanding Republic Commando 2

We keep demanding KOTOR 3

But noooooooooooooo

we get the Star Wars version of Grand Theft Auto -_-

kameron b and Teaviex Cue like this.
  3. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Well, people have been asking for a non-Force using playable character for awhile. So to say it's a game "no one asked for" is pretty far from the truth. Are there plenty of other games people have asked for by name? Yep. But are many of those same fans pretty damn excited for 1313? Yep. Myself included.

Reaper63 likes this.
  4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I agree. There's a lot more to Star Wars than just the Force. Don't get me wrong, I love running around and playing Jedi as much as the next fan, but it's also refreshing to play as someone who doesn't use the Force. It's partly why I love Lethal Alliance. I'm looking forward to this and will probably preorder it when any special editions are announced, or something.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    There is too much obsession with playing as Jedi/Sith, nothing wrong with a good old gunslinger.

I like Jedi Outcast before you get a lightsaber, just like Dark Forces. I like Battlefront & Republic Commando also. One thing that bugged me about Galaxies was allowing players to be Jedi when the game was set between ANH & ESB when pretty much all Jedi were dead.

Reaper63 and CaptainRegor like this.
  6. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    In what way is this even remotely similar to gta? It's uncharted re skinned with star wars. all style no substance. But in no way is it grand theft auto.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Did you just imply that Uncharted is all style and no substance?

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    We don't even know what this game is yet and you say its based off of uncharted?!

I meant grand theft auto because they want to put all kinds of really mature (more sexual) content into the game... So from that info I said the star wars version of grand theft auto.

And as far as uncharted goes.... more like botcharted because every single player on the network is a bot... well... almost all of them.

9. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    All style no substance? Yeah, there's a substantiated opinion. :rolleyes:

And if you can't see how people would compare this game to Uncharted more than GTA, then perhaps you should watch the trailer again. Just a thought. And in what way is 1313 supposed to be more "sexual"? Where in the world is that coming from?

10. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    So much negativity. Just be thankful they're not giving us a Force Unleashed III.

11. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    I would so love a BF3 or Kotor 3, but this game looks pretty good so far, no it isn't a deep rpg, or a massive tps/fps simulator. But it's a mature, storydriven star wars game and im actually excited to get something else then Star Wars Kinect, Star Wars angry birds or Republic Heroes. Also, it's kind of refreshing to not have a force user as the main guy. We just did that in force unleashed, and countless other games. And this reminds me of that Jango Fett Bounty hunter game, and Shadows of the Empire game :)

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I want the next Battlefront as the next guy but right now I just want a good Star Wars game (w/ multiplayer).

Zer0 and Reaper63 like this.
  13. Abernati

Abernati Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2013
    If they do a Battlefront again. Please set it during the Thrawn Trilogy instead of the movie era again.

14. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I'm more into RPGs but I may check it out

Jalicejade likes this.
  15. Teaviex Cue

Teaviex Cue Jedi Padawan

Dec 25, 2012
    Star Wars without force & saber = ****

16. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It can work, and it can work really well. I really liked Lethal Alliance, and the bits of Jedi Knight where you don't have the Force were rather good too. As much as I love being a Jedi, it's such a refreshing change to be a non-Force user. I can see this being amazing.

Life likes this.
  17. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    +1. I loved the Jango Fett game, not having a saber never bothered me once. As long as the story is solid and the characters interesting, I think it will turn out great. And unlike (as an example) TOR, I think the "mystique" of being a Jedi or a Sith will still be there. In TOR saber wielding characters are so common that they are more or less grunts. I'd like to see less force users around in general, which seems more realistic to me.

Much as it may be a decent idea, I'm quite sure that would never, ever happen.....

Life likes this.
  18. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Not really, there are plenty of good Star Wars games that involve not using sabers on the force, honestly that stuff gets dull.

19. Teaviex Cue

Teaviex Cue Jedi Padawan

Dec 25, 2012
    Well actually, battlefront series is good and I enjoyed using blasters and bombs...
    So what I really mean is... a game that doesn't involve anybody/anything from movie saga would be boring...
    Jedi, Sith, Clones, Stormtroopers, Rebels, The Saga must consist of these essencial characters.
    A story about two bounty hunters and their opponents who weren't even mentioned in the movie doesn't really sound nice...
    The only thing is that they're in Coruscant... and I wonder if they're gonna be always stuck in the underworld of Coruscant...

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd want to have it just to get a resolution to the stupid story problem they created with 2.
    Of course, I can pretend 2 doesn't exist.

21. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    No jedi, no sith, no force or lightsaber duels?? Count me out.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Republic Commando was good at there were no Jedi in that.

Jedi outcast was good before Katarn became a Jedi again, KOTOR 1 & 2 prior to you becoming a Jedi are decent games. I don't see why everything has to involve lightsabers, a game set after the purge is unlikely to have that anyway.

Life and moosemousse like this.
  23. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    This game looks interesting!

24. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    This game looks very interesting so far, I can't wait to learn more about it.

25. kameron b

kameron b Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    MONEY.........