main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Kenobi's Son

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    To be honest, I just ignore that, as it makes no sense at all.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Why doesn't it make sense?

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Eh, sounds too much like a bad soap opera to me.

And before anybody brings up the "dead father who turns out to be alive and second-in-command evil dude" or "long-lost twins finding each other"...yeah, I get it. But I don't want to add this element to it. I wasn't crazy about the long-lost son in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull either, I would have preferred that Mutt be Marion's son with her British soldier as opposed to "Indiana III."

It makes perfect sense. Sometimes sex is just sex; romantic feelings do not have to be involved. Ever hear of a "friends with benefits" relationship? I think that's what the Jedi were allowed; with the exception of Anakin, they were self-aware enough not to allow it to go beyond that.

I think Obi-Wan probably got laid plenty, but I also think there is working contraception and instructions on how to use it in the GFFA. Even in the Jedi Temple. Maybe especially in the Jedi Temple.

pronker likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Only problem is that Krayt was revealed back in late 07, early 08 and Satine wasn't introduced until 2009 maybe

5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    While it makes sense, it just doesn't sit right with me...

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It doesn't have to, that's your own business, but there is no reason why the Jedi Order in the prequel era would need to follow some strict arbitrary Judeo-Christian moral code regarding sexuality.

kataja likes this.
  7. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I just can't see Yoda hittin' up the club...

8. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That's not true. That's impossible!

Zeta1127 likes this.
  9. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

He'd make a great Imperial too!

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Or Nazi.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Taking vows of celibacy but not of chastity is not uncommon in the real world, at all.

DarthBoba and Ulicus like this.
  12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
  13. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Either the son or the grandson of Kenobi coming forth would be such an epic revelation. The son of Kenobi would probably be in his 70's by now, or late 60's at the youngest. I'm thinking that his grandson would be the one that should come forth. Somebody with the potential power of the Skywalker family that could step up to the plate.

14. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I've never considered how interesting the concept of Kenobi having descendants could be.

15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I highly doubt Yoda would have. I would guess many, perhaps even the majority of Jedi would remain celibate (ten bucks says Mace was). It's just not a requirement.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I disagree. I think most of them got laid more often than we might think. Including Mace. Especially Mace.

And you all think Qui-Gon never had sex? I have a hard time imagining that he didn't.

Yoda picking up women--while there are quite a few jokes running through my head right now, you may be right about that one. When 900 years old you reach, feel like humpin' and bumpin', you will not.

kataja and Esg like this.
  17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    If Obi-Wan fathered a child, I doubt they would simply call him 'Maul'. Certainly if Ventress is Obi-Wan's partner.
    Come on, Maul is just too easy! :)

By the way, how would Obi-Wan react when he saw his child has horns on his head...
    'Ventress, did you cheat on me?'

They would probably call him Qwan-Jall Dontrass or something like that.

'Hey, do you know a name for our new born son?' - Obi-Wan
    'I don't, but I do know we are going to shave off his hair when he comes of age.' -Ventress
    'I certainly hope we are not going to shave off all his hare...' - Obi-Wan
    'Let's call him baldy...' - Ventress

18. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    I think we forget that the Order had that code for a reason? Now obviously it is very debatable on whether the no attachments rule was for the best, but look at it through the eyes of Obi-Wan. The order had a code that he truly believed in. Obi-Wan stuck with the order to the end of its fall. He believed in that coe not because he had to, but because it was part of who he was. His own apprentice, the very chosen one gets married and through his eyes all hell breaks lose. Now obviously it is more complicated the that, but given the whole situation, and Obi-Wan's upbringing in the order I would imagine he would have still quite frowned about that kind of attachment.

19. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    He may have been opposed to attachment, but that does not mean he did not want to get a little action from time to time :)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly. There is a huge difference between having sex and getting attached.

21. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    It wouldn't be the first time they toyed with canon.

22. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Agreeing absolutely in the difference between sex and attachment. It's very much a cultural thing - still, both are basic instincts that are not all that easy to keep in restraints...

From that, to Obi-Wan having a son is a big step, however. And I think it would be natural if the Jedi - who can control blood flow - also did learn how to control other body fluids... among learning more conventional birth control, of course...

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    touche

24. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Nonsense. Obviously, the sequel to "Kenobi" can only be called "Bride of Kenobi".

Skywalker2B, kataja and Grey1 like this.
  25. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Followed by "Abbott and Costello meet Kenobi".

Skywalker2B likes this.