main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Known unused Lucas Star Wars concepts

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by yodasbum, Nov 2, 2012.

1. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Here's another name / concept for you to play with...

Nomi Starkiller : Whew... talk about a long history with that name, she started out as the Protagonist in the earliest drafts of the OT... then got changed to Luke's sister and the Protagonist for the ST, until Leia became Luke's sister... so... Do you think the name / character will reappeared and if so in what role?

2. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    The force unleashed brought the name Starkiller back, as the son of a jedi killed by Vader.

To be honest though, I never really didn't like the idea of a video game owning canon as large as the creation of the Rebel Alliance. Especially a video game that was only passable at best.
    So who knows, maybe they'll reinvigorate the Starkiller name...I honestly wouldn't know where to use it though.

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I always thought they took this out because if the Jedi revealed that they could return after death, the Sith may be able to learn the secret and thus be as invincible in immortality as the Jedi.

Hence Obi's line "I cannot interfere......"

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It was excised from the movie, but still appears in the novelization.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I personally don't think we'll see the name "Starkiller" in the movies because it's too close to Skywalker -- Noun with a verb tail. They're too similar. However, I could definitely see the name Nomi used as either Luke's wife, daughter (or both) or another character altogether.

6. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    If Starkiller is used, that opens the floodgates because it sets as precedent that that kind of name is common in the SWU. "Skywalker", "Starkiller"...leads to Cloudjumper, Windrunner, etc. those kind of names. Skywalker is all we need.

DanielUK and Echo-07 like this.
  7. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Here's a concept art ship by Warren Fu for the PT that was never used. I would love to see these things in the ST:

[​IMG]

Ryan Chruch - this is beautiful!

[​IMG]

8. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Couldn't agree more.

The name "Antilles," which is really cool, George has said is like Smith in his universe -- extremely common. We don't need to cheapen its most epic name Skywalker.

9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Using Starkiller would create huge problems and massive plot holes; better to create Force Unleashed III and finish off the story. Both Starkiller and the other clone, Dark Apprentice, are seen as canon, it would be very absurd to dismiss it (regardless of what we think of the Force Unleashed series).

Better to create a new protagonist, completely independent and free from current Star Wars canon.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Out of all the unused names I always liked "Baltarian".

"General Baltarian". Sounds so badass. :p

SithStarSlayer and Echo-07 like this.
  11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed. That name is so badass, it could have been Lando's.;)

:p

http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/

12. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

That's some nice ****.

13. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I want to see the Star Wars after life in future films or the whills, the force. It doesn't have to remain mysterious.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want to see a Jedi force pull a Star Destroyer like Starkiller did in TFU.

No I really don't. Can Jedi even force pull ginormous ships?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    The first one looks similar to Bba Fett's ship, but without the wings.

The bridge/city looks pretty cool.

16. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The second one is one I think they used... that's what Cato Neimodia looks like, isn't it?

17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    You may be right, but it never made it into the films so they could recycle it as something else. OR they could include Cato Neimodia. I just think some of the unused concept art, and there's quite a few things floating around, should be used at some point.

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yes, I'd say that concept art is mos-def Cato Neimoidia.

19. DJ-Peterbilt

DJ-Peterbilt Jedi Master

Nov 4, 2004
    That ship on top has some elements of Slave 1. I like it.

20. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, I love that ship. They could be used as the New Republic fighters, along with old X-wings and Y-wings of course.

21. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    A concept most likely never to be used but kind of interesting in a "Bwah?" fashion:

Bloodory's distillation

It sounds like a mid-shelf whisky, but wait! It's top shelf scientist brain juice! (The clones were used of course, but they only had Essence du Jango ;)).

Count Yubnub likes this.
  22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Has an old-school feel to it, best of a WWII bomber-cockpit mixed with Slave One. I want that ship in canon for sure.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    A concept that has popped up in the EU a fair bit, but I think would be really cool in film, Zero-G Stormtroopers (since it's the ST, perhaps Zero-G assault team would be better):

"For a boarding action, the huge gray underbelly of the Imperial warship can hover over a target while a small hatch near one of the complex antenna groupings silently slides open. With fascist precision, ten stormtroopers wearing ominous armored spacesuits then drop onto the top of the targeted rebel craft."

24. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Another idea would be like the concepts for the Emperor's throne room, set deep in a lava cave:

[​IMG]

Maybe in the new main character's "descent into the underworld" at the end of the ST, we'll get to see the lava cave.

Jedi Merkurian and JoeyArnold like this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah. You actually see that in ROTS, I think. It’s the planet where Plo Koon dies.