main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Nearing the end of True Colors after reading Hard Contact and Triple Zero. I'm on board with this fan club!

Zeta1127, Robimus and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Oya Julius Vernon always glad to see more vode added to our ranks.

Now where is Robimus with our next casting decision? :p

[​IMG]

3. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Robimus likes this.
  4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The up to date casting list!

Ed Harris as Kal Skirata

[​IMG]

Emma Stone as Etain Tur-Mukan

[​IMG]

David Wenham as Fenn Shysa

[​IMG]

Molly Quinn as Scout
    [​IMG]

Frances McDormand as Arla Fett

[​IMG]

Sam Rockwell as Bardan Jusik

[​IMG]

Eliza Dushku as Callista Massana!

[​IMG]

Rena Owen as Rav Bralor

[​IMG]

Jake Busey as Dred Priest

[​IMG]

Chow Yun Fat as Sa Cuis

[​IMG]

Daniel Day Lewis as Jaller Obrim

[​IMG]

Jeremy Renner as Mij Gilamar

[​IMG]

Tilda Swinton as Dr. Uthan

[​IMG]

Pauline Newstone as Jinart

[​IMG]

Stephen Lang as Ghez Hokan

[​IMG]

Rachel Bilson as Laseema

[​IMG]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Lets cast Jedi General Arligan Zey!

[​IMG]

As director of the Republic's Clone Intelligence division Arligan Zey also had his hands in situations that by and large the Jedi Order probably wouldn't approve of. He had his hands full with trying to keep Kal Skirata and his Null ARCs in line, while at the same time realizing what a vital part of the war effort they were for the Republic. He allowed them an amazing amount of freedom to operate and as a result of his actions the Skirata lead Null ARCs became a vital resource for the Republic.

Why the picture you ask? When asked Karen Traviss herself said that she envisioned Brian Blessed as the actor who would portray Arligan Zey. So I figured since no actual pictures of Zey exist why not go with Karen's choice for the photo.

Its simply a coincidence that he also looks a lot like Santa Claus, a nice bonus for the holiday season :)

So lets cast Arligan Zey!

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Brian Cox. He's like Brian Blessed but slightly less boisterous and slightly more intimidating.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Really? She picked Brain Blessed? I just don't see it. I don't see Zey as that old a guy, maybe similar to Qui-Gon in appearance.

8. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    My top 2? Gary Oldman or Jeremy Irons. Zey was the director of special operations for a while, and I think that needs to be one of the things that is believable about the actor. I don't see it with Brian Blessed.

I also think that there's a need for him to be able to show that he really truly believes in the Jedi cause.

"Sort of man they're like to send believes hard. Kills and never asks why." -Derrial Book, Serenity

I think this is the kind of man Zey needs to be. He's a good man, but he believes in what he (and his people, including Skirata) are doing, and so is willing to turn a blind eye to the kinds of questionable things that need doing. Gary Oldman's "Jim Gordon" is a very close match, but I think that Jeremy Irons has a little bit more of that "belief" in him.

Robimus likes this.
  9. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Brian blessed? Wow... that's nothing how I ever envisioned him! :p

This is another character I've has an actor in mind for since the beginning of this casting game- Viggo Mortensen. He's, of course, best known for playing Aragorn in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, but he's also been in many other movies, and is quite an excellent actor. I think he's be perfect for this role.

[​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  10. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice line-up already, wow!

Just for fun, I'd like to suggest Sean Bean - another actor used to portraying hard-men (Sharpe, in particular).

[​IMG]

Nice to see you here, MandoJoe!

Robimus likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think I'll nominate Josh Brolin. He's got good gravitas and can be good as an authoritative figure who's willing to look the other way when it comes to shady business.
    [​IMG]

And with a beard!

[​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Lots of good nominees. [face_thinking] In fact I think I will forgo nominating someone myself as I think one of those already listed is perfect for the roll. [face_shhh] It's a secret until we vote. :p

[​IMG]

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  13. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Zey is described in the books as large, bearded and muscular with grey hair. When I hear large I think of a thick man, someone kinda barrel chested. I find Brian Blessed(who I just learned about with a google search today) to look at little bit to soft for the role. He can still be Boss Nass :p

Zandalor beat me to the punch. I've always envisioned Brian Cox as Zey. Cox gives a good mixture of being an authority figure and a keen political strategist from the roles I've seen him in over the years. He also has the ability to mix those traits with a deep compassion that I think is crucial for the role. I also have always felt like Zey would be an older Jedi, given his rank, and the importance of his position, in the books.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I actually had that same picture qued up but forgot to include it :p

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's the way I always imagined Zey, right down to the voice. ;) I had to look up who played the part though and saw he had already been nominated. :p

[​IMG]

17. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    If only Zey had some speeches in the books, then we could show off the epic levels of Ham that Brian Cox can achieve.

Yes, those were all necessary.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Brian Cox sure knows what he is doing as Emperor Scolar Visari to say the least.

19. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    He's easily the best part of the games, followed closely by the verbal sparring between Malcolm McDowell and Ray Winstone in KZ3, and Sean Pertwee's roles as Hahka and Radec.

And the games are good too.

20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Sadly, I don't have a PS3, so I haven't got to play Killzone 2 and 3, but I am very familiar with the original. I forgot his title is Autarch not Emperor, but that seems like an easy mistake to make considering he rules the Helghan Empire. His speech in the opening cinematic of the original is definitely one of the best scenes in video game history.

21. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Malcolm McDowell's speech in KZ3 is pretty good too.

22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I find myself wondering if a guy like Jeff Bridges would be good for this role as well?

[​IMG]

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I actually thought of Bridges too, funnily enough, before choosing Brolin.

24. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Jeff Bridges would certainly work well. Even if I do still think he'd make the perfect Kal Skirata...

25. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Any more potential nominees?