main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Number Kriffing One, Baby: Prisoner of the Floating World

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Dec 12, 2012.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Well, his mom does get around.

Zorrixor likes this.
  2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "Rulf Yage is your father!"

(Though, man, this line of conversation is making me have massive flashbacks to the Nyna/Morrigan reveal. That, and the reaction we all had on the boards, is still the stand out "WOW" moment of my entire EU reading experience.)

thesevegetables likes this.
  3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Wouldn't it be amazing if the villain's plan revolves around her being a Solo and a Force-sensitive, and she gets to do a reveal of "I am NOT a Solo, and I'm NOT Force-sensitive."

CooperTFN likes this.
  4. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    which is the truth given Rawk and others around who all have Skywalker blood, him even having the name if not taking into account his nickname. Bantha is the true Skywalker who fled his destiny :p

and for the diversity topics sake: Why not have Marasiah Fel hook up with Ania Solo... ;)

5. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    yeah the Yage family was one hell of a mess.. and Nyna/Morrigan I so loved. Still creppy, but I love creepy. I hope for a non-Imperial way of repeating such awesome reveals.

but she is a Solo.. and she stays one. For years we want more Solos and now some fans want her not to be one? That's insane.

the big reveal might be that her fathers name was Katarn, her mothers was Djo-Solo.. or that she only knows her mother and is on a quest to find her father... revealing herself as his daughter after we saw him in a prominent role already for quite a while before the reveal... maybe it is one GA Councilor named Antilles.. or else?

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    His dad too.

Nina and Kol's relationship was clearly just a marriage of convenience so that Kol wasn't accused of bias for supporting his real girlfriend's planet restoration idea. [face_batting]

"Hey, Nina, can that brat of yours pretend to be my son for a bit...?"

Jeff_Ferguson and Ulicus like this.
  7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    So Vong it's right.

8. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    so in the end it all is like what would have happened, had Luke married Barkkis and they adopted a blond blueeyes Mandalorian orphan to give it the name Skywalker? [face_tee_hee]

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Interesting news, Ania is probably Allana's daughter, she looks like Allana.

10. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    only if you mean Allana's fake-dark-hair depiction in the Readers Companion, that was just colored for undercover Amelia. her natural color is red!

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Unless Allana had her when she was around 90... no.

12. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Ceiran, that may be your most incomprehensible sentence yet. :p

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Random theory: to throw another knot into the generational question, "Prisoner of the Floating World" refers to being trapped on Iego, where people have been said to never age...

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Nat Skywalker lived on Iego, he seemed to age :p

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  15. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    then you have missed some others I bet :p

16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    He was born like that.

Zorrixor and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    One must never question the legitimacy or longevity of the Mutton Chops of Kol Skywalker!

18. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    [​IMG]

I hope we see Ania exploring more of the Smurf Ascendancy too in the UR.. they were aside one Moff underprepresented in legacy so far!

19. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Chiss in Legacy? DO WANT, NOW!!!!!=P~=P~

I wonder (yes I wonder a lot if you're reading my posts) : can Allana be alive in 138 ABY? She would be 102. For a force-sensitive, it could be possible. But giving the (future/past) antagonism between her, as the queen on the Throne of Balance, and Krayt, I really doubt the latter let her live. Maybe she's hiding somewhere, Obi-wan style, and now that Krayt is dead, she would reappear. I can picture the reactions " OMG this is queen Allana, the great one who disappeared many years ago, I thought she was long dead!! ".

After all, IF she is Ania's grand mother, a strong link can be created between those two characters. But this is only fandom talking here.

Zorrixor and CeiranHarmony like this.
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    She could be alive, and she could be the reason why Krayt never invaded Hapan space.

But I think it's more likely that her death is what spurred Krayt to finally enact the Sith-Imperial War. Either her death or Luke's death. Probably hers, since Luke will probably die in the Sequel Trilogy.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So instead of a No I am your father to a No You aren't my daughter? Ha ha lol. Reverse plot twist. That should be good

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

I so like the idea of her in hiding... we need at least SOME characters to live incredibly long thx to the Force.. not all, but at least some. and Dathomiri culture got a habit for that, same do Forceusers as well as Hapans thx to healthy genetic makeup that leads to beauty we well as best medtech of the galaxy.

23. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Although I hate to see Jedi from the Old Republic in Legacy (Yes I'm a heretic but K'Kruhk should not have been in Legacy. I'm tired of the thousands of Jedi having survived order 66. A purge? Yeahhh sure, it seems that only a dozen of Jedi died), but Allana could be very interesting giving her role and statut of Queen of the Throne of Balance (and probably Hapes), nemesis of Krayt and the Sith in general. Plus, if Ania is her grand child, to see them meeting would be epic, IMO.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I agree. The Masters in charge should have been descendants of Solo's, Skywalkers, Antilles, Calrissians, Horns, Durrons, etc. I don't mind K'Kruhk and the other PT era Jedi but I haven't really read those comics so I can't say one way or another.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    No.

They didn't do that because they didn't want to tie the authors' hands, and make it so we know all those characters and their kids at least survive long enough to have their own kids. And I completely understand that. Besides, that would have made the Jedi way too human, and we would have had less original characters like Shado Vao and Wolf Sazen.

Shouldn't criticize it if you haven't read it.

RC-1991 and Manisphere like this.