main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Rakata invasion of Korriban

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Dec 13, 2012.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've repeatedly heard that it changed the ecology of Korriban, but no one's ever given a source. Can someone explain?

2. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    The ecology? Never heard that before

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The only place I can think of is when I was hypothesizing in one of the Dawn of the Jedi threads about Korriban having once been like Tatooine, lush and vibrant, before the Sith turned to the dark side and everything died out.

I'm unaware of any actual evidence to substantiate the idea though.

4. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    I myself can't recall any mention of Korriban's environment being devastated but its entirely possible. Mind you, there are many possible sources that could have devastated the surface. Inter-Sith conflicts, the Killik invasion, the Rakatan onslaught... or it could be all of them and the poor planet could not have coped anymore.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I read it on several websites. Perhaps they're thinking it must be the Rakata invasion because of the Sith moving to Ziost afterwards?

6. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Well, we now know that Soa apparently ruled Korriban for some time, though whether he did so as part of the infinite empire or as an independent warlord is somewhat unclear. Given that Soa clearly wasn't a very nice person and liked to experiement with world-eating monsters of his own creation, his tenure ruling his 'testing ground' was unlikely to benefit the planet's biosphere.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I find it interesting that Soa, like the Sith, is red.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    ... so why does it matter that he's red? Many Rakata are red-skinned.

Ulicus likes this.
  10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I said in the Clone Wars thread that it was only a matter of time before they took the mood colour lightsaber crystals and dark side eyes to its logical conclusion: hello full body red-skin mutations. :p

11. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    I wouldn't read too much into it. Lots of Rakata are red skinned in TOR. Its simply a skin variation thing.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Still, wonder what Soa meant by "testing ground".

13. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    Testing ground can easily be testing his strength and power since its clear he became a renegade amongst his own people. So, a testing ground to see his rise to power maybe?

14. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    maybe the Rakata tried to mimic the celestials in more than just technology and domination going that far that they even tried to create their own Forceusercult... the Rakata created the Sith? it stands to debate if the Mother Machine created the Sith species, but if not the species they created the culture and did sociology experiments as well as other testing with them? which included to have them autonomous watching from afar after the initial influences... then later Soa tried to return to Korriban and take them for his own needs.. which the other Rakata did not agree with? the Sith were by then adept enough to end Soas rule and later on repell another Rakatan invasion even when the Rakata thought the Sith became too powerful.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I've always thought that the Sith were created by rogue Rakata.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In fact, my red skin post was intended to hint at that.

17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Hmmm, interesting...

If I remember correctly King Adas thwarted the Rakata invasion.
    The Rakata left some technological devices behind which the Sith used to develop their Holocrons.

I think the Rakata invasion of Korriban was mentioned in The Essential Guide to the Force.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You are correct that Adas is said to have thwarted a Rakata invasion. It's also said that the Rakata tried to manipulate Adas by teaching him how to make holocrons.

General Immodet likes this.
  19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Wouldn't it make sense for an Empire to install puppet rulers on distant worlds?
    Maybe Adas was a puppet ruler, but he became too powerful and turned on his Rakata masters.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There's many colors of Rakata that could have ruled Korriban. I'm suggesting that there could be a reason Bioware picked red.
    Although I've always speculated that Adas supported Soa against the Infinite Empire, what you're saying makes sooo much sense when you consider how The Sith work.

21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Maybe you should consider installing puppet rulers on this thread too, Dark Lord of Tech!
    Soon, you will control the whole Jedi Council Forum!

PS: As you know, the Imperial Army is at your disposal!
    All hail the Empire!